Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector nik private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceDog
They are no longer shipping any orders, I was just updated for my order that has been marked as 'Shipping' since early February:

"Your order is currently in our Oakville facility and will be shipped to you once the COVID-19 outbreak has abated enough for the Ontario government to permit travel. We are expecting to be able to resume our regular operations on April 8th."

Thanks for this SauceDog, got notification about current situation with the Dallas office but wasn't sure about the whole shipping and pick up a in Oakville
Post 676 IP   flag post
Collector jeff2pin private msg quote post Address this user
I received an email saying my order was ready for shipping but never got a tracking number. Am I safe to assume it didn't ship before the office had to close up?

Anyone in the same boat?
Post 677 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@jeff2pin If the order still appears on your dashboard with the status “shipping” then it did not leave the facility
Post 678 IP   flag post
Collector jeff2pin private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite I was hoping the opposite but I understand. Thank you!!
Post 679 IP   flag post
Mostly true except FedEx doesn’t stay that long...or knocks...or leaves the package
Post 680 IP   flag post

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@jeff2pin If the order still appears on your dashboard with the status “shipping” then it did not leave the facility

a few posts above yours Darryl H. apologized to a member that shows "shipping" on their dash but should have received their shipment on the day the board member was posting his concern. so it happens.
Post 681 IP   flag post
@sportshort He said he didn’t receive a tracking number, there was no mention of whether it was still on the dashboard as “Shipping.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
I haven't received a tracking number from CBCS so have no idea when they ship and when to look out for my books

While CBCS’ tracking number emails are hit and miss, if the order is still on the dashboard in the “shipping” status then it has most likely not left the facility. Yes there have been instances where an order doesn’t get advanced from the Shipping status to Complete but that is less likely to occur
Post 682 IP   flag post
Collector Ninjanick private msg quote post Address this user
With CoVID are there delays? I have been waiting for 9 months.
Post 683 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
If you got your books pressed, 8 - 9 months is right about on time
Unfortunately
Post 684 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@sportshort He said he didn’t receive a tracking number, there was no mention of whether it was still on the dashboard as “Shipping.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
I haven't received a tracking number from CBCS so have no idea when they ship and when to look out for my books

While CBCS’ tracking number emails are hit and miss, if the order is still on the dashboard in the “shipping” status then it has most likely not left the facility. Yes there have been instances where an order doesn’t get advanced from the Shipping status to Complete but that is less likely to occur

Yes but since his question was not "if" but "when" the shipped we must assume that he somehow knew they had shipped but without a shipping number he could not track it. that's my best guess and i could be wrong
Post 685 IP   flag post
@sportshort I disagree that that is what we “have to assume”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjanick
CBCS’ Texas office is closed until further notice so yes, there will be delays. If you have books in pressing then that could just be the backlog for pressing.
Post 686 IP   flag post
Quote:
@sportshort I disagree that that is what we “have to assume”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjanick
CBCS’ Texas office is closed until further notice so yes, there will be delays. If you have books in pressing then that could just be the backlog for pressing.

noted sir.
Post 687 IP   flag post
Collector brandon77 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 688 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
I am just curious but do all orders marked for shipping at CBCS get shipped out on a set day or just as they are completed?
Post 689 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I can't find my email with the most recent CBCS promo information. Was it 15% off the entire invoice and 2 - 4 week TAT? Also, how does that affect the TAT if you wanted your books pressed?

Thanks
Post 690 IP   flag post
@MutantMania It’s just 15% off. It mentioned that turnaround times are currently 2-4 weeks. The promo did not guarantee turnaround times. Nor do ANY turnaround time promos apply when combined with pressing

CBCS Pressing is currently closed and will be moving to Texas and will not resume operations until after the move is completed. This is added on top of an existing 8+ month backlog (before books go in the queue for grading). If the move goes smoothly it might not add too much more to that; the move is the first step in an effort to bring pressing times under control. Unfortunately if there are delays or something doesn’t go as planned, I wouldn’t be surprised if turnaround times go up to and exceed a year before the books even get the privilege of waiting in line for grading
Post 691 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Thanks for the info....I guess I won't be getting anything pressed then..lol
Post 692 IP   flag post
Collector Der_Flattermann private msg quote post Address this user
Is CBCS not Shipping overseas at this time?
Post 693 IP   flag post
Collector Ninjanick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
@Ninjanick getting them pressed?
Yep all pressed but. I know it takes time but dang almost a year is kinda crazy...
Post 694 IP   flag post
@NinjanickQuote:
CBCS Pressing is currently closed and will be moving to Texas and will not resume operations until after the move is completed. This is added on top of an existing 8 month backlog (before books go in the queue for grading). If the move goes smoothly it might not add too much more to that; the move is the first step in an effort to bring pressing times under control. Unfortunately if there are delays or something doesn’t go as planned, I wouldn’t be surprised if turnaround times go up to and exceed a year before the books even get the privilege of waiting in line for grading
Post 695 IP   flag post
Collector Ironwill75 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@NinjanickQuote:
CBCS Pressing is currently closed and will be moving to Texas and will not resume operations until after the move is completed. This is added on top of an existing 8 month backlog (before books go in the queue for grading). If the move goes smoothly it might not add too much more to that; the move is the first step in an effort to bring pressing times under control. Unfortunately if there are delays or something doesn’t go as planned, I wouldn’t be surprised if turnaround times go up to and exceed a year before the books even get the privilege of waiting in line for grading

My books are currently awaiting pressing, I’ve sent a request to have them removed from the pressing office and go to be graded . Has anyone done this or know if this is possible?
Post 696 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwill75
Quote:
@NinjanickQuote:

My books are currently awaiting pressing, I’ve sent a request to have them removed from the pressing office and go to be graded . Has anyone done this or know if this is possible?

Please email me and I will try and help. sborock@cbcscomics.com
Post 697 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwill75
Quote:
@NinjanickQuote:

Please email me and I will try and help. sborock@cbcscomics.com

Thank you I have e-mailed you 🙏
Post 698 IP   flag post
Collector Rehab1666 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok. Yall have had my books since Jan. The 2 were to be pressed , graded, authenticated. Is there any way to just send my books back? I'm seeing 8-9 months as a timeframe? From 5 weeks to this, now? If u have ANYONE in the building, just send my books back, I dont care about pressing, authenticity, grading. I need these books to sell to help my family survive. Keep my money. Just want my books sent back. I understand everything going on, but I'm out 3k that I NEED right now. Can someone, anyone, help me with this. I dont want to be a d*ck, but if someone is THERE, IM ASKING YOU TO SEND THEM BACK!! No matter what "stage" they're at.. Dont care about refund, just do the right thing for those who need it
Post 699 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehab1666
Ok. Yall have had my books since Jan. The 2 were to be pressed , graded, authenticated. Is there any way to just send my books back? I'm seeing 8-9 months as a timeframe? From 5 weeks to this, now? If u have ANYONE in the building, just send my books back, I dont care about pressing, authenticity, grading. I need these books to sell to help my family survive. Keep my money. Just want my books sent back. I understand everything going on, but I'm out 3k that I NEED right now. Can someone, anyone, help me with this. I dont want to be a d*ck, but if someone is THERE, IM ASKING YOU TO SEND THEM BACK!! No matter what "stage" they're at.. Dont care about refund, just do the right thing for those who need it
Post 700 IP   flag post
Quote:

Sorry to hear about your situation, I have been told everything is packed now and stored ready to be shipped. I realise this does not help your situation 🙁
Post 701 IP   flag post
Hey man, thanks. Good to know. Didnt know I'd have to come on the forum to get info. You just gave me more info that they have in months. And my situation is just like everyone else's. I'm no different. I've just lost all viable income without being able to even get unemployment for some reason. Again, it's a communication issue. Seems as if the world kinda just tuned out when it comes to answers about anything. Just venting, man. Theres no bad feelings in my heart. I'm just trying to find out what's going on with all the loose ends I got going right now. I appreciate your response. Simply talking helps...
Post 702 IP   flag post
Quote:
Hey man, thanks. Good to know. Didnt know I'd have to come on the forum to get info. You just gave me more info that they have in months. And my situation is just like everyone else's. I'm no different. I've just lost all viable income without being able to even get unemployment for some reason. Again, it's a communication issue. Seems as if the world kinda just tuned out when it comes to answers about anything. Just venting, man. Theres no bad feelings in my heart. I'm just trying to find out what's going on with all the loose ends I got going right now. I appreciate your response. Simply talking helps...

No problem 👍 I know how frustrating been in the dark is which is why I sent a reply even if I couldn’t help ! Good to have a vent now and then . All the best stay safe better days ahead.
Post 703 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Please email me and I will see what I can do. sborock@cbcscomics.com
Post 704 IP   flag post
Collector brandon77 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 705 IP   flag post
601460 999 30