Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Chinorey private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if this conrona viruse will affect the time for pressing and grading ?
Post 651 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
If you are religous, just pray the graders dont get sick or get mandated to stay home and we should be okay.
Post 652 IP   flag post
Collector tvphonehome610 private msg quote post Address this user
7 modern books with no fast pass and pre-screen at 9.8

Delivered by USPS - February 24
Marked as received - February 26
Still waiting - March 19 (17 business days and no ECCC)
Post 653 IP   flag post
Collector Qillabee private msg quote post Address this user
Books came in today.

1) Fedex sucks. Every time they come to deliver, I always get a notice no one answered the door. Especially when I'm in my living room with my two dogs, who jump when a doorbell rings on TV.

3) 2.5 week turnaround....CBCS is dope.
Post 654 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@Scifinator sshhhhh don't spoil it for me keep to thyself đź‘Ť

Just kidding, I haven't even had time to open my box of John Byrnes Next Men that I got back from CBCS.....I did check my grades though
Post 655 IP   flag post

Collector chefcomics private msg quote post Address this user
my books arrived yesterday. right at 6 weeks turnaround. works for me
thanks all
Post 656 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just shipped out an order of five books. Most ASP, no pressing
Post 657 IP   flag post
Collector Duece411 private msg quote post Address this user
Quilabee, secret a FedEx delivery person told me is if you sign that slip and leave on the door, next time they go to drop off seeing if your home they'll leave on front porch! Except you recieve all responsibility if it gets stolen from there... I also have a fedex app helps me know when they will arrive just trying to help! ✌
Post 658 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Duece411 - Here's why I dislike FedEx - they send you a text saying be home tomorrow to sign for your package. So you take a personal day and stay home all day waiting for the package and at 2 PM you get another text that now says you will be getting that package the next day.
Post 659 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duece411
Quilabee, secret a FedEx delivery person told me is if you sign that slip and leave on the door, next time they go to drop off seeing if your home they'll leave on front porch! Except you recieve all responsibility if it gets stolen from there... I also have a fedex app helps me know when they will arrive just trying to help! ✌

Those don't really work the way they are supposed to. I have the app, saw the progress, and looked through the camera at my door. The guy put the slip on the door and never knocked or rang a doorbell. Also, CBCS requires a signature. You can't sign it and leave it at the door. They won't accept it that way.

FedEx is trash. Every experience I've had with them has been trash.
Post 660 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qillabee

Those don't really work the way they are supposed to. I have the app, saw the progress, and looked through the camera at my door. The guy put the slip on the door and never knocked or rang a doorbell. Also, CBCS requires a signature. You can't sign it and leave it at the door. They won't accept it that way.

Couldn't agree more. Last two shipments I've gotten from CBCS via fedex they've left a doortag completely blank and would NOT let me sign and leave it for them to drop the shipment. Fedex is straight trash.
Post 661 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qillabee

Couldn't agree more. Last two shipments I've gotten from CBCS via fedex they've left a doortag completely blank and would NOT let me sign and leave it for them to drop the shipment. Fedex is straight trash.

Yep. That happened also.
Post 662 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Duece411 - Here's why I dislike FedEx - they send you a text saying be home tomorrow to sign for your package. So you take a personal day and stay home all day waiting for the package and at 2 PM you get another text that now says you will be getting that package the next day.

And this also happened.
Post 663 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I will say, if CBCS hadn't sent me the tracking information I would never have received my last order. literally a blank doortag...
Post 664 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
I will say, if CBCS hadn't sent me the tracking information I would never have received my last order. literally a blank doortag...

I recieved two blank doortags. LOL. Like he just snatched them off and put whatever he had on my door.
Post 665 IP   flag post
I recommend creating a FedEx account. I always route all my packages to a nearby FedEx partner, in my case a nearby Walgreens. FedEx drops the package off there and I can pick up/sign for it when I’m off of work.

Unfortunately it sometimes adds an extra day to the delivery but at least I don’t have to deal with FedEx door tags or worse, when they sign on my behalf without authorization

The account also helps with CBCS’ hit or miss tracking number emails since all packages going to your address are automatically added and tracked in case you don’t receive an email with a tracking number from CBCS
Post 666 IP   flag post
Collector Voodoo_Jim private msg quote post Address this user
When I had my own business, I always had things delivered there - commercial addresses seemed to get stuff earlier in the day and someone was always there during business hours. Now, I have everything shipped to a PO Box, so nothing is left on the porch or if a sig is needed it is taken care of by the staff there.
Post 667 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't received a tracking number from CBCS so have no idea when they ship and when to look out for my books
Post 668 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Post 669 IP   flag post
Collector SauceDog private msg quote post Address this user
They are no longer shipping any orders, I was just updated for my order that has been marked as 'Shipping' since early February:

"Your order is currently in our Oakville facility and will be shipped to you once the COVID-19 outbreak has abated enough for the Ontario government to permit travel. We are expecting to be able to resume our regular operations on April 8th."
Post 670 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
If you are religous, just pray the graders dont get sick or get mandated to stay home and we should be okay.

You were saying?
Post 671 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I haven't received a tracking number from CBCS so have no idea when they ship and when to look out for my books

You should have received this order today? If not please let me know, and my apologies
Post 672 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
Quote:

You were saying?

Perhaps I should have predicted the lotto numbers instead of what I wrote.....
Post 673 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You were saying?

Perhaps I should have predicted the lotto numbers instead of what I wrote.....

This thread deviation sadly takes me back to 2000 and 2001 when I would give financial planning clients & investment clients my thoughts on probabilities and I would end with following the caveat...."baring something like someone blowing up the World Trade Center".
Post 674 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

You should have received this order today? If not please let me know, and my apologies

Order received. Just got home from work.
Haven't opened it yet.

Thanks Darryl
Post 675 IP   flag post
Collector nik private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceDog
They are no longer shipping any orders, I was just updated for my order that has been marked as 'Shipping' since early February:

"Your order is currently in our Oakville facility and will be shipped to you once the COVID-19 outbreak has abated enough for the Ontario government to permit travel. We are expecting to be able to resume our regular operations on April 8th."

Thanks for this SauceDog, got notification about current situation with the Dallas office but wasn't sure about the whole shipping and pick up a in Oakville
Post 676 IP   flag post
Collector jeff2pin private msg quote post Address this user
I received an email saying my order was ready for shipping but never got a tracking number. Am I safe to assume it didn't ship before the office had to close up?

Anyone in the same boat?
Post 677 IP   flag post
@jeff2pin If the order still appears on your dashboard with the status “shipping” then it did not leave the facility
Post 678 IP   flag post
Collector jeff2pin private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite I was hoping the opposite but I understand. Thank you!!
Post 679 IP   flag post
Mostly true except FedEx doesn’t stay that long...or knocks...or leaves the package
Post 680 IP   flag post
601461 999 30