Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector chefcomics private msg quote post Address this user
sounds fair .......
Post 576 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s the official release that makes it clear that it’s referring to the Card Grading Services
Post 577 IP   flag post
Collector chefcomics private msg quote post Address this user
ok i feel better
Post 578 IP   flag post
Collector Voodoo_Jim private msg quote post Address this user
A question for the more experience CBCS submitters:

Should I be concerned that after nearly 26 weeks, everything is still showing in the dashboard as "submitted"? Their status has not changed since they showed up in the system.

I know with pressing and verification, that adds to TAT, but I would have expected the status to have bumped the needle a bit in six months.
Post 579 IP   flag post
Collector MightyThor460 private msg quote post Address this user
I dropped my book off at Terrificon on August 10th for press and verification. It just switched to shipping today. I was just as worried as you. Looks like this is the norm for press/verification from Con season.
Post 580 IP   flag post

Collector BSeldin305 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyThor460
I dropped my book off at Terrificon on August 10th for press and verification. It just switched to shipping today. I was just as worried as you. Looks like this is the norm for press/verification from Con season.

Did you have FAST PASS on grading and/or pressing?
Post 581 IP   flag post
I did not. I did just hear back from CBCS, it looks like there was an imaging backlog.
Post 582 IP   flag post
Since I dropped my 1 book off in July, and I'm still at "submitted", I guess its time to get worried....
Post 583 IP   flag post

From and including: Saturday, July 13, 2019
To and including: Thursday, March 5, 2020

Result: 237 days
It is 237 days from the start date to the end date, end date included.

Or 7 months, 22 days including the end date.
Post 584 IP   flag post
Collector Topher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSeldin305

And yet they are promising a 2 week TAT for some special évent. They should focus on their backlog.
Post 585 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher
Quote:

And yet they are promising a 2 week TAT for some special évent. They should focus on their backlog.The 2 week TAT offered for C2E2 isn't on pressing orders.
Post 586 IP   flag post
Collector Topher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
Quote:
Quote:

And yet they are promising a 2 week TAT for some special évent. They should focus on their backlog.
The 2 week TAT offered for C2E2 isn't on pressing orders.

So pressing takes 223+ days?
Post 587 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
Quote:
Quote:

The 2 week TAT offered for C2E2 isn't on pressing orders.

So pressing takes 223+ days?Steve Ricketts can answer what the pressing TAT is far better than I can.
Post 588 IP   flag post
Collector Voodoo_Jim private msg quote post Address this user
Customer Service responded to an inquiry of mine, and they are presently pressing books that were submitted in late August/Early September at this time. Your mileage may vary.
Post 589 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo_Jim
Customer Service responded to an inquiry of mine, and they are presently pressing books that were submitted in late August/Early September at this time. Your mileage may vary.

Well, if that is the case, I have a cr@p ton of July SDCC comics in grading.
Post 590 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Since I dropped my 1 book off in July, and I'm still at "submitted", I guess its time to get worried....

I still have a majority of my SDCC comics in submitted/received, so I wouldn't worry.
Post 591 IP   flag post
Well folks, CBCS has LOST my book. (Unless Kendra can find it- she is still looking)

The last few months I have been calling to get a status of 1 Book, dropped off personally at the CBCS booth for 2 ASP & 1 VSP & Press at a Florida SuperCon on July 6, 2019. After being ignored for months, I escalated the situation in the last week. I received this message today from CBCS:

"Hi Bradley,

We have checked with our pressing and receiving departments and we never physically ever received your book. The only thing we received was the white copy of the paperwork."

Of course, I have my receipt and a picture of the book on the CBCS grading submission table.

Where are people like @Jake_Fleming, @SteveRickets ?

Now its bad enough they lost this book, but they didn't even know they lost it even though its on their site as SUBMITTED since July 13, 2019.

How will CBCS make this right if they can't find the book?

Post 592 IP   flag post
Collector Randomdoge private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Well folks, CBCS has LOST my book. (Unless Kendra can find it- she is still looking)

The last few months I have been calling to get a status of 1 Book, dropped off personally at the CBCS booth for 2 ASP & 1 VSP & Press at a Florida SuperCon on July 6, 2019. After being ignored for months, I escalated the situation in the last week. I received this message today from CBCS:

"Hi Bradley,

We have checked with our pressing and receiving departments and we never physically ever received your book. The only thing we received was the white copy of the paperwork."

Of course, I have my receipt and a picture of the book on the CBCS grading table.

Where are people like @Jake_Fleming, @SteveRickets ?

Now its bad enough they lost this book, but they didn't even know they lost it even though its on their site as SUBMITTED since July 13, 2019.

How will CBCS make this right if they can't find the book?

Jesus christ , man hopefully my books aren't also lost, I'd hate to go hunt for another What If Venom Possessed Deadpool
Post 593 IP   flag post
Collector Naurd123 private msg quote post Address this user
When does CBCS deposit your payment. When books are received or when books are getting ready to shipped.?
Post 594 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
@BSeldin305 Is it just that pressing never received it? Or are they saying no-one ever received it? It seems odd to think they would have only lost 1 book. I bet it got tucked into someone elses order, or else you'd think they would have lost a "package" of books.
Post 595 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
@BSeldin305 Is it just that pressing never received it? Or are they saying no-one ever received it? It seems odd to think they would have only lost 1 book. I bet it got tucked into someone elses order, or else you'd think they would have lost a "package" of books.
What does this mean to you?
Post 596 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65

And, things like that do happen. Hopefully, @BSeldin305 they will find your comic soon.
Post 597 IP   flag post
@bseldin305 I would DM Steve Borock. He’s very responsive and this seems like something he would want to address!
Post 598 IP   flag post
Collector josfriend private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS has had my books over 6 months and they just told me that the books are still waiting to be pressed. I have asked CBCS to return my books. I dropped off these 13 books at Wizard World Chicago in August 2019. Today I am told that CBCS has a tremendous pressing backlog. CBCS will not even give me a date when they can have them done. Do you guys remember way back in 2014 when CBCS would offer discounts when there books were late. I guess those days are over. In the meantime at C2E2 in Chicago last week CBCS was offering a 2 week turnaround.
Post 599 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by josfriend
CBCS has had my books over 6 months and they just told me that the books are still waiting to be pressed. I have asked CBCS to return my books. I dropped off these 13 books at Wizard World Chicago in August 2019. Today I am told that CBCS has a tremendous pressing backlog. CBCS will not even give me a date when they can have them done. Do you guys remember way back in 2014 when CBCS would offer discounts when there books were late. I guess those days are over. In the meantime at C2E2 in Chicago last week CBCS was offering a 2 week turnaround.

TAT for non-press comics is not an issue which is why they can make TAT guarantees like the several that have been made since last summer. The problem is the Press deluge they received from the Spring/Summer cons. I know for a fact that they took in over 2,000 press books at SDCC alone July 18-21! And, they have cycled through a good portion of those and are also mixing in August press submissions along with them.

I have been extremely please with every comic that @SteveRicketts & CBCS has pressed for me. I would recommend you keep your submission in place. Just saying.

Cheers.
Post 600 IP   flag post
CBCS work has always been excellent but when I dropped my books off 6 months ago at Wizard World I was told that they could beat the time of the other company. The other's companies books were returned 2 months ago (including pressing). I would still leave them at CBCS is they could give me a concrete delivery date, but they can't.
Post 601 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:

TAT for non-press comics is not an issue which is why they can make TAT guarantees like the several that have been made since last summer. The problem is the Press deluge they received from the Spring/Summer cons. I know for a fact that they took in over 2,000 press books at SDCC alone July 18-21! And, they have cycled through a good portion of those and are also mixing in August press submissions along with them.

I have been extremely please with every comic that @SteveRicketts & CBCS has pressed for me. I would recommend you keep your submission in place. Just saying.

Cheers.
CBCS work has always been excellent but when I dropped my books off 6 months ago at Wizard World I was told that they could beat the time of the other company. The other's companies books were returned 2 months ago (including pressing). I would still leave them at CBCS if they could give me a concrete delivery date, but they can't.
Post 602 IP   flag post
Quote:
when I dropped my books off 6 months ago at Wizard World I was told that they could beat the time of the other company.

That is an issue that would understandably would add to your frustration and decision. Honestly, I thought I might have all mine back before year end and was hoping to receive by Thanksgiving, but the parties that I was dealing with never gave me such assurances that was completely my guestimate and hope.

But, the TAT on my 1,300 grade only submissions from SDCC ended up being 1 1/2 to 5 weeks, to which I was amazed. More importantly, they were accurate grades.
Post 603 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Just a thought - would it not make sense to have a trusted external supplier do the pressing just to catch up on the 7 - 8 month backlog?

The normal TAT for non-pressed is seriously incredible (like only 4 weeks now). That's been supremely cleaned up.

Isn't it time to clean up the pressed books now also via another method than just the CBCS presser(s) doing it?
Post 604 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 Borock mentioned in that interview this week that steps were being taken to improve the pressing TAT. Stay tuned.
Post 605 IP   flag post
601469 999 30