Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Ninjanick i am pretty confident you will see yours soon. Some of my SDCC submissions have already been received and currently with two more in grading and another two in pressing. Plus, keep in mind, some of my orders have moved straight from submitted to Labels. Yours could very well be in Dallas already. Gotta say, i have been pleased with the results from @SteveRicketts team.
Post 551 IP   flag post
Collector MightyThor460 private msg quote post Address this user
How long do books usually remain in the QC/Imaging stage? My book has been there since last Thursday.
Post 552 IP   flag post
Collector TranthamJ private msg quote post Address this user
@MightyThor460 I wouldn’t put much thought into what the status says. They don’t seem to be in real-time. Last week I had it showing Processing and Grading on the website, It said “Labels” on the invoice, which I figured had to be a mistake because I dropped the books off on 2/7. On 2/14 I got the email saying the order was ready for pick up. I went and got it yesterday but it still shows as “Shipping” on the website and invoice.
Post 553 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TranthamJ
@MightyThor460 I wouldn’t put much thought into what the status says. They don’t seem to be in real-time. Last week I had it showing Processing and Grading on the website, It said “Labels” on the invoice, which I figured had to be a mistake because I dropped the books off on 2/7. On 2/14 I got the email saying the order was ready for pick up. I went and got it yesterday but it still shows as “Shipping” on the website and invoice.

That makes sense. I've been waiting on this one since August so I'm itching to get it back. Turns out pressing plus verification is a formula for a super long turnaround!
Post 554 IP   flag post
Collector wtbmok private msg quote post Address this user
@MightyThor460 I had no pressing and submitted in August, just got it back recently. It takes long but it comes eventually
Post 555 IP   flag post

I'm just nervous now since the book has been stuck at QC/Imaging for three weeks. I called the customer support number but they couldn't tell me anything more than the dashboard says.
Post 556 IP   flag post
Collector Naurd123 private msg quote post Address this user
Is there some discussion or thread from CBCS staff on how they are addressing this backlog?
Post 557 IP   flag post
Collector Topher private msg quote post Address this user

My order was due in January than pushed to February...with March upon us. How come a company can get this far behind with its backlog?
Post 558 IP   flag post
What’s crazy is I had another book that was signed at a CBCS event that got turned around in less than a month.
Post 559 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
It seems that there are really three distinct levels of TAT aside from the service level chosen.

1) Standard US submissions w/o press I have experienced to be 1 1/2 week to 6 weeks since July of 2019 and based on recent posts looks to be consistently in 5 weeks or under now.

2) Canada/International submissions. There probably should be a separate thread for these TAT's as it looks like a lot of the CA/Int'l submitters are experiencing TAT's well in excess of what my fellow Yanks are experiencing. For some reason(s), intermediary, customs, etc., looks like these submission end up taking 1-3 times longer than standard US submissions. That is an off the cuff impression and not an educated/studied observation.

3) Press submissions. By its very nature, it is going to be time consuming. If they get two figure submissions per day, probably will get TAT down to respectable levels in due time. If they get monster 4 figure submissions, it will surely add months to TAT. I know that they are still cycling through my SDCC submissions but have seen that there is hope as others have posted receiving back their August press submissions.
Post 560 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
It seems that there are really three distinct levels of TAT aside from the service level chosen.

1) Standard US submissions w/o press I have experienced to be 1 1/2 week to 6 weeks since July of 2019 and based on recent posts looks to be consistently in 5 weeks or under now.

2) Canada/International submissions. There probably should be a separate thread for these TAT's as it looks like a lot of the CA/Int'l submitters are experiencing TAT's well in excess of what my fellow Yanks are experiencing. For some reason(s), intermediary, customs, etc., looks like these submission end up taking 1-3 times longer than standard US submissions. That is an off the cuff impression and not an educated/studied observation.

3) Press submissions. By its very nature, it is going to be time consuming. If they get two figure submissions per day, probably will get TAT down to respectable levels in due time. If they get monster 4 figure submissions, it will surely add months to TAT. I know that they are still cycling through my SDCC submissions but have seen that there is hope as others have posted receiving back their August press submissions.

It's possible but my submission was made at a convention so no customs or other time consuming shenanigans.
I did ask for pressing.
Post 561 IP   flag post
Collector BSeldin305 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher

My order was due in January than pushed to February...with March upon us. How come a company can get this far behind with its backlog?

Get comfy pal!

Post 562 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Unfortunately variable turnaround times and backlogs are not uncommon in comic book grading. Heck before about midway through last year, CBCS turnaround was like 5-6 months WITHOUT pressing. I’m not saying that that is acceptable and I really would like to hear what steps CBCS is taking to address the long pressing turnaround, but unfortunately waiting for books happens regularly here and at CGC (not really sure about PGX turnarounds since I don’t know anyone that uses them regularly)
Post 563 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

It's possible but my submission was made at a convention so no customs or other time consuming shenanigans.
I did ask for pressing.

Whelp, there you go, your pressing is going to be your first hold up. Hopefully once they are done with SDCC 2019 submissions they will get back down to the more normal 12 week TAT. I think they will. And, I must say, I have been very pleased with my CBCS press results to date.
Post 564 IP   flag post
I am very much looking forward to seeing my pressing results. The book looked amazing aside from some waviness at the top edges. It was the first book I ever got signed years ago so I was very excited to discover CBCS’ sig verification option.
Post 565 IP   flag post
For those of us who buy and sell we can't wait for a hot comic to be graded 6 months later. There is a possibility the lower cost grading tiers turnaround times are artificially extended out to push us into the more expensive tiers and services. That's pretty smart but customer service suffers and well as incurring an opportunity cost. I would just like to hear from CBCS. Which overall is an outstanding company.
Post 566 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSeldin305
Quote:

Get comfy pal!

Oooooh boy
Post 567 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:

Unfortunately variable turnaround times and backlogs are not uncommon in comic book grading. Heck before about midway through last year, CBCS turnaround was like 5-6 months WITHOUT pressing. I’m not saying that that is acceptable and I really would like to hear what steps CBCS is taking to address the long pressing turnaround, but unfortunately waiting for books happens regularly here and at CGC (not really sure about PGX turnarounds since I don’t know anyone that uses them regularly)

It took them 5 months for my submission last year. I was confident that the TAT would be pretty much the same.
Post 568 IP   flag post
Quote:

It took them 5 months for my submission last year. I was confident that the TAT would be pretty much the same.

But, did you take into account some fool dropping off 3,000+ comics at SDCC? Of those, the ones that were grade only sailed through in well under guaranteed submission times. The half that were to be pressed obviously log jammed them. I don't see CBCS trying to push us to higher charged fast pass service, just a legitimate delay due to excess press submissions.
Post 569 IP   flag post
Just to be clear, this is not a post to bash CBCS. Its trying to get some feedback from CBCS and how they are adjusting their business model to provide faster turn around times. Especially in the pressing area. Having too much volume is not a business reason or excuse but how in the short term and long term they plan to alleviate this problem. Its no longer acceptable to wait 5 months or longer and still attract new gradings to their business. How long do baseball cards take to be graded?
Post 570 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

But, did you take into account some fool dropping off 3,000+ comics at SDCC? Of those, the ones that were grade only sailed through in well under guaranteed submission times. The half that were to be pressed obviously log jammed them. I don't see CBCS trying to push us to higher charged fast pass service, just a legitimate delay due to excess press submissions.

I did take it into account. I think it's a problem that they didn't plan ahead for this massive arrival.
Post 571 IP   flag post
Beckett Grading Services announced, beginning February 19, 2020, submissions received will no longer have a guaranteed turnaround time. Reason cant find qualified staff. Please apply if you think you are....
Post 572 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyThor460
I'm just nervous now since the book has been stuck at QC/Imaging for three weeks. I called the customer support number but they couldn't tell me anything more than the dashboard says.

PM me the invoice number and I will check on it.
Post 573 IP   flag post
Collector chefcomics private msg quote post Address this user
I only had Looonnng turnaround time when the company moved to texas. the previous board stating that no guarantee turn around times concerns me. My next 150 comics hit the shop 2/5. we will see.
ps thanks darryl for your quick response to emails
Post 574 IP   flag post
@chefcomics CBCS’ turn around times have never been guaranteed, except when specifically stated (certain promos, etc) so I wouldn’t get too worked up about that.

Beckett Grading Services specifically refers to Beckett Media’s card grading service, which does have (had?) guaranteed turnaround services
Post 575 IP   flag post
sounds fair .......
Post 576 IP   flag post
Here’s the official release that makes it clear that it’s referring to the Card Grading Services
Post 577 IP   flag post
ok i feel better
Post 578 IP   flag post
Collector Voodoo_Jim private msg quote post Address this user
A question for the more experience CBCS submitters:

Should I be concerned that after nearly 26 weeks, everything is still showing in the dashboard as "submitted"? Their status has not changed since they showed up in the system.

I know with pressing and verification, that adds to TAT, but I would have expected the status to have bumped the needle a bit in six months.
Post 579 IP   flag post
I dropped my book off at Terrificon on August 10th for press and verification. It just switched to shipping today. I was just as worried as you. Looks like this is the norm for press/verification from Con season.
Post 580 IP   flag post
601304 999 30