Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSeldin305
@Scifinator Today I'm at 7 Months for my 1 book (Press/2 ASP/1 VSP) dropped off on 7/6/19 and logged in by CBCS on 7/13/19. As of this morning my book is still listed as "submitted" so I think I am looking at least another 30-60 days.

I hear you, but, you are not necessarily another 30-60 days out. As an example, one of my July submissions was still marked as "Submitted" this last Monday (Feb 10th), and yesterday it was moved all the way to "Grading / Labels". So, that order will likely ship sometime between the end of this week and two weeks from now based upon my shipments the past two months. Not saying you won't see your shipment take that long, just saying you may get back sooner than you think at this point.

Cheers!
Post 526 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
I think 'Shipping' is my least favourite status.

I know I'm going to get an email update but I still sit here clicking refresh a million times in a hope to catch the grades!

Holiday turn around is perfectly on track for my order
Post 527 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@rtdcomics Aye I'm exactly the same ok I've only been in shipping for 2 days but it seems like 2 weeks šŸ˜‚
Post 528 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Actually thinking about it last time dashboard changed within hours of reaching shipping to show grades and they have just changed an error in my billing so you would think they would update dashboard all at once šŸ˜®
Post 529 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
My order is on its way and due to arrive back in the UK on Monday 17th. Was officially received on the 24th Jan so I'm more than happy with that turn around! Lots of 9.8's as well so an all round great experience just in time for LFCC Spring
Post 530 IP   flag post

Collector brandon77 private msg quote post Address this user
Books received Aug 27, 2019.

Currently "Processing"

Clean/press services used.

Is this normal expected turnaround, going on 6 months??
Post 531 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon77
Books received Aug 27, 2019.

Currently "Processing"

Clean/press services used.

Is this normal expected turnaround, going on 6 months??

yes
Post 532 IP   flag post
Collector Grayson2020 private msg quote post Address this user
no. Pressing and grading taking more than 6 months is NOT normal. I gave Two books at the same show at the same time. THEY separated them into two DIFFERENT orders. and got one back in 4 months. Thatā€™s normal. The other book has been in the ā€œ Processingā€œ que for months now.
Post 533 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson2020
no. Pressing and grading taking more than 6 months is NOT normal. I gave Two books at the same show at the same time. THEY separated them into two DIFFERENT orders. and got one back in 4 months. Thatā€™s normal. The other book has been in the ā€œ Processingā€œ que for months now.

All reports in this thread for submissions marked received in July-August last Summer; submitted for press indicate 6 months is the current TAT. There's obviously some variability.
Post 534 IP   flag post
Just because orders from July August are Taking 6 months to process does not mean thatā€™s normal. especially since they advertised a quicker turnaround The day of the show! Not to mention (I think) they are announcing a two week turn around time for c2e2 and eccc!! at least thatā€™s what theyā€™ve advertised. The issue is this. If you say your TAT is one thing And you do another youā€™re gonna get lip about it.
Post 535 IP   flag post
Tell you what. when I donā€™t get my book back for another two months because the joke call center that was hired to be the customer service department told me it would take 20 more weeks (at least)! Her words. Iā€™ll come back on this thread and ask if 8 months is a normal TAT. Iā€™ve been submitting books with all three companies for YEARS and itā€™s NEVER been 8 months!! Donā€™t tell me thatā€™s normal. Thatā€™s a
Lie and itā€™s silly to think that it is normal.
Post 536 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Advertised TATs are for grading only; 99% of delays are from cleaning/pressing backlog.
Post 537 IP   flag post
Well Iā€™m glad youā€™re here to tell me that. Iā€™ll make sure Iā€™ll tell Stacy, steve, Darren, Lee that theyā€™re all wrong when they told me it would only take 24 weeks, tops. But hey what do they know? They only work for the company. Iā€™ll be sure next TAT they give me Iā€™ll run it by you first.
Post 538 IP   flag post
Considering turn-around times for normal grading approached 8 months as recently as 2018 when CBCS was bought out by Beckett and moved to Texas from Florida...I'm glad you were lucky enough to miss all of that.

They told you 24 weeks, tops...that's 6 months from when it's marked as received which can be as long as 2 weeks for pressing submissions from time of drop-off. So whole process is likely to take 26 weeks, on average. A 10% deviation could be as short as 23 and as long as 29, which seems within the typical margin.

Seeing as how you have a rating of "1" It looks like you're new here, so I have a suggestion. You should create a new thread explaining your timeline and issue. Tag ricketts, Borock, or Jesse (who I think is back and better), or another CBCS employee for your problems if you feel like something was mis-represented. They do a good job of handling complaint issues if you're order is well over the current TATs being experienced. They're active on the boards and finding their @ should be quick.

This thread is for reporting the actual TATs people are experiencing.
Post 539 IP   flag post
Yeah yeah thanks for the lesson. Im glad to see you have this much time on Valentineā€™s Day to type all that up. Iā€™ll be sure to NOT read past the first three sentences you wrote. Wow Youā€™re sad.
Post 540 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@etapi65 No good deed goes unpunished šŸ‘
Post 541 IP   flag post
Right on handsome
Post 542 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Yeah yeah thanks for the lesson. Im glad to see you have this much time on Valentineā€™s Day to type all that up. Iā€™ll be sure to NOT read past the first three sentences you wrote. Wow Youā€™re sad.

Oh shit, it's Valentines Day? I might be ok, from the looks of things I think my wife forgot also.
@Grayson2020 What did he possibly say in the post that offended you?
Post 543 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Right on handsome

@southerncross I have long suspected that you are indeed quite handsome.
Post 544 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller šŸ‘
Post 545 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Im glad to see you have this much time on Valentineā€™s Day to type all that up. Iā€™ll be sure to NOT read past the first three sentences you wrote. Wow Youā€™re sad.

Oh, the irony, lol.

Post 546 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Grayson2020 I'll see if I can get info about your order on Monday and let you know.
Post 547 IP   flag post
Collector tvphonehome610 private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted 8 books through the Modern tier. No Fast Pass, but I did pre-screen at 9.8.

Order Received - January 28
Billing - February 14

I have been checking the progress pretty frequently, so I am a little confused because I did not get any emails about the other steps (unless billing is the next step after processing). I am being charged for all 8 books. With pre-screen you don't get charged if it fails unless your order has a certain percentage of books failing ($4 a book).

So I am assuming all my books got 9.8 since I am being charged for each one?
Post 548 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@tvphonehome610 That would be a fair assumption, yes. I think grade screen affects the normal process a bit since you are normally charged when your books are received but with a grade screen your final invoice is calculated after your books have been looked at.

Guide to Order Tracking
Post 549 IP   flag post
Collector Ninjanick private msg quote post Address this user
I hope I get my books before SDCC. I submitted at 2019 SDCC. Since submitting my books 7 months ago New trailers have dropped and books have got optioned. SIGH at this point I will be happy to get them before the next SDCC
Post 550 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Ninjanick i am pretty confident you will see yours soon. Some of my SDCC submissions have already been received and currently with two more in grading and another two in pressing. Plus, keep in mind, some of my orders have moved straight from submitted to Labels. Yours could very well be in Dallas already. Gotta say, i have been pleased with the results from @SteveRicketts team.
Post 551 IP   flag post
Collector MightyThor460 private msg quote post Address this user
How long do books usually remain in the QC/Imaging stage? My book has been there since last Thursday.
Post 552 IP   flag post
Collector TranthamJ private msg quote post Address this user
@MightyThor460 I wouldnā€™t put much thought into what the status says. They donā€™t seem to be in real-time. Last week I had it showing Processing and Grading on the website, It said ā€œLabelsā€ on the invoice, which I figured had to be a mistake because I dropped the books off on 2/7. On 2/14 I got the email saying the order was ready for pick up. I went and got it yesterday but it still shows as ā€œShippingā€ on the website and invoice.
Post 553 IP   flag post
Collector MightyThor460 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TranthamJ
@MightyThor460 I wouldnā€™t put much thought into what the status says. They donā€™t seem to be in real-time. Last week I had it showing Processing and Grading on the website, It said ā€œLabelsā€ on the invoice, which I figured had to be a mistake because I dropped the books off on 2/7. On 2/14 I got the email saying the order was ready for pick up. I went and got it yesterday but it still shows as ā€œShippingā€ on the website and invoice.

That makes sense. I've been waiting on this one since August so I'm itching to get it back. Turns out pressing plus verification is a formula for a super long turnaround!
Post 554 IP   flag post
Collector wtbmok private msg quote post Address this user
@MightyThor460 I had no pressing and submitted in August, just got it back recently. It takes long but it comes eventually
Post 555 IP   flag post
597876 999 30