Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector nik private msg quote post Address this user
So my books came in and picked up, one problem with one of them. Submitted Spawn 301 virgin cover with printing errors, but on blue label it doesn't state the printing error (photo of book before submitting). Not impressed with this
Post 451 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik
So my books came in and picked up, one problem with one of them. Submitted Spawn 301 virgin cover with printing errors, but on blue label it doesn't state the printing error (photo of book before submitting). Not impressed with this

Please PM me and I will help you out.
Post 452 IP   flag post
Collector BronzeAgeBaby private msg quote post Address this user
Shipping says my books arrived on JAN 3rd

My dash still says processing ... I just want to make sure they're there!
Post 453 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@BronzeAgeBaby If your dash says processing then your books are there and in the system. Your dash will not change until all the work has been done. My books for VSP with press and clean were there for some 24 weeks and my dash stayed in processing until the day they were finished and ready for shipping
Post 454 IP   flag post
Collector BronzeAgeBaby private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
@BronzeAgeBaby If your dash says processing then your books are there and in the system. Your dash will not change until all the work has been done. My books for VSP with press and clean were there for some 24 weeks and my dash stayed in processing until the day they were finished and ready for shipping

Ah, for some reason I thought it'd say "received" .... I'm a doofus

Thanks!
Post 455 IP   flag post

To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
My very first submission to CBCS and for the holiday promo were received 12/26, billed 1/10, and now says processing / grading. I'm guessing they should be shipping soon since it was supposed to be a 4 week tat?
Post 456 IP   flag post
Collector BSeldin305 private msg quote post Address this user
One book. 3 signatures. 2 witnessed; 1 needs to be authenticated. Press.

Jul 13, 2019 19-XXXXXX Submitted

Yawn. Can anyone give me an ETA? I was under the impression 7 months should do it....
Post 457 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSeldin305

Yawn. Can anyone give me an ETA? I was under the impression 7 months should do it....

The last time I heard, it was 27 weeks from received. You can't go by submission date, when they're being pressed there can be a LONG wait until it's checked in as received. So, if you submitted on 7/13/2019 likely your received date is around 2 weeks later, but on a weekday, so lets say July 31st (wednesdays they come up regularly). That would put you at next week for the 27 week timeline. This is just an estimate from feedback by people who submitted in early Summer. Who knows with the increase during con season through September if it slowed down or not. Pressing is realllllly slow. Edit: actually someone like 3 posts up did pressing and it was at 24 weeks for their press, they didn't mention VSP or a timeline for when they submitted. This seems like the right range 24-32 weeks is my estimate of ranges.
Post 458 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
This seems like the right range 24-32 weeks is my estimate of ranges.

HOLY SMOKES. Note to self: DO NOT submit comics for pressing until TAT improves.
Post 459 IP   flag post
Collector Ironwill75 private msg quote post Address this user
My books were delivered on the 6th Jan still not showing as received. Is this normal ?
Post 460 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwill75
My books were delivered on the 6th Jan still not showing as received. Is this normal ?

Yes. More so if you sent in for press. But, if you did not send in for press, just keep in mind that there was probably a huge response to the Holiday and 2020 promos plus the dallas event may have backed up the receiving dept. In my experiences, sometimes it moves from submitted to processing a week or two after my ship tracking shows they received, sometimes much longer. Time to relax for now and wait for the Christmas Morning excitement when you get the in shipping notification.
Post 461 IP   flag post
Cheers I’m in no rush I would just feel less nervous if I saw they had been received.
Post 462 IP   flag post
Oh and yes I have sent them for pressing!
Post 463 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
This will indeed test your patience

Welcome to the forum btw
Post 464 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
Quote:
This will indeed test your patience

Welcome to the forum btw

Cheers thank you, yes I’m starting to get that feeling 😂
Post 465 IP   flag post
Welcome, @Ironwill75! Best forget about those books, it'll be much better for your peace of mind and you'll be happily surprised a half a year from now. CBCS services are amazing when you finally get the books back, but the pressing slog is awful.

My most recent (and second) submission took nearly 27 weeks from start to finish and I bit my nails all the way. Having said that, I was ecstatic with the books when they came back.
Post 466 IP   flag post
Collector BSeldin305 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSeldin305

The last time I heard, it was 27 weeks from received. You can't go by submission date, when they're being pressed there can be a LONG wait until it's checked in as received. So, if you submitted on 7/13/2019 likely your received date is around 2 weeks later, but on a weekday, so lets say July 31st (wednesdays they come up regularly). That would put you at next week for the 27 week timeline. This is just an estimate from feedback by people who submitted in early Summer. Who knows with the increase during con season through September if it slowed down or not. Pressing is realllllly slow. Edit: actually someone like 3 posts up did pressing and it was at 24 weeks for their press, they didn't mention VSP or a timeline for when they submitted. This seems like the right range 24-32 weeks is my estimate of ranges.

FWIW This book was submitted at a Convention on 7/6/19 after it was signed (witnessed)
Post 467 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk
Welcome, @Ironwill75! Best forget about those books, it'll be much better for your peace of mind and you'll be happily surprised a half a year from now. CBCS services are amazing when you finally get the books back, but the pressing slog is awful.Thanks Bud yeah I think I just have to cross my fingers sit back and wait !
But good to know the results are worth it , first time I’ve ever pressed my books. But they are higher value and deserved the best chance on grading .

My most recent (and second) submission took nearly 27 weeks from start to finish and I bit my nails all the way. Having said that, I was ecstatic with the books when they came back.
Cheers thanks yeah looks like I’m going to have to just relax and forget about it and see what happens.
Good to know the results are worth it though first time pressing books .
Post 468 IP   flag post
Collector TranthamJ private msg quote post Address this user
I want to give credit where credit is due. My first experience with CBCS was just before & during their move to TX and was not an enjoyable experience. However I submitted a few books at Dallas Fan Days in October for AW. There was a slight hold up due to one of the books I bought from the artist, while picking up a sketch cover he did for me, in front of the witness ended up not being eligible for AW because the artist had done the cover in 2018 and had "18" dated on the cover. Even with the hold up of me deciding if I wanted it verified or not, the books were ready just before Christmas.
I decided to take 3 books down to be signed by Donny Cates and 7 additional books graded on Jan 17th. I took 10 books to the Dallas location and used my three "Fast Pass" add on's by putting 3 books on a separate invoice. I was shocked to receive an email on 1/27 saying my FP order was ready for pick up. Not only were they ready in a week and a half, but I dropped them off immediately before they had their grading expo event. I went down yesterday and picked the books up. I also wanted to mention that the lady that works the front office @ CBCS, Kendra Hayden has been extremely helpful when I've picked up and dropped off books. It's a pleasure dealing with her and she's been extremely helpful and informative about events that are coming up, pricing, etc.

I am really impressed with how CBCS has turned around the "nightmare" situation from 2018 and appreciate the improvements they've made within that time frame. It may not be completely seamless every time, but there is a "night and day" difference between my recent experiences with CBCS and the chaotic experience in 2018. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK CBCS!
Post 469 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TranthamJ
I want to give credit where credit is due. My first experience with CBCS was just before & during their move to TX and was not an enjoyable experience. However I submitted a few books at Dallas Fan Days in October for AW. There was a slight hold up due to one of the books I bought from the artist, while picking up a sketch cover he did for me, in front of the witness ended up not being eligible for AW because the artist had done the cover in 2018 and had "18" dated on the cover. Even with the hold up of me deciding if I wanted it verified or not, the books were ready just before Christmas.
I decided to take 3 books down to be signed by Donny Cates and 7 additional books graded on Jan 17th. I took 10 books to the Dallas location and used my three "Fast Pass" add on's by putting 3 books on a separate invoice. I was shocked to receive an email on 1/27 saying my FP order was ready for pick up. Not only were they ready in a week and a half, but I dropped them off immediately before they had their grading expo event. I went down yesterday and picked the books up. I also wanted to mention that the lady that works the front office @ CBCS, Kendra Hayden has been extremely helpful when I've picked up and dropped off books. It's a pleasure dealing with her and she's been extremely helpful and informative about events that are coming up, pricing, etc.

I am really impressed with how CBCS has turned around the "nightmare" situation from 2018 and appreciate the improvements they've made within that time frame. It may not be completely seamless every time, but there is a "night and day" difference between my recent experiences with CBCS and the chaotic experience in 2018. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK CBCS!

Glad your experience has been good. The only reasons I stick with CBCS are the friendly folks here on the forums and the final product itself. I've made three submissions to CBCS - the first two were nightmarish (to be fair, the second included a huge pressing delay) and I'm waiting on one that was submitted under the 20% off and 4-week turnaround holiday code.

We'll see if at least one out of three goes through the process well.

As I've mentioned, if you can put up with the abysmal customer service and poor communication, the product is excellent. I suppose in the end the final product is all that matters.
Post 470 IP   flag post
Collector nik private msg quote post Address this user
Still waiting for a response from sborock about my issue of Spawn 301 virgin variant printing errors, even emailed Steve Paulus.

Included photo I took of first page before submitting book
Post 471 IP   flag post
Collector Ninjanick private msg quote post Address this user
6 Months and counting for 9 books being pressed and graded from SDCC...Waiting is hard
Post 472 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjanick
6 Months and counting for 9 books being pressed and graded from SDCC...Waiting is hard

It is going to be anytime now, I just saw on my dashboard one of my Press Screen submissions moved straight from "Submitted" to "Labels" today. I checked yesterday, so this is new movement today. Also note, that it was never marked as "Received", "Processing", or "Pressing". So, you will probably see yours move soon.

Cheers
Post 473 IP   flag post
Woo-hoo! My holiday order went into grading today, not sure what that means as far as a turnaround, but it's good to see movement.
Post 474 IP   flag post
Collector Voodoo_Jim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjanick

I feel ya! Mine are still marked as "received" from Indiana Comic Con from press, verification, and grade. I've been holding off on the next book until I see CBCS at Astronomicon - Nightmares on Elm Street #1 signed by Wes Craven!
Post 475 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Voodoo_Jim when you get that Nightmare on Elm Street slabbed, make sure to post it! Heck, I'd like to see a picture of that raw if you happen to have one handy! LOL
Post 476 IP   flag post
Collector Voodoo_Jim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Voodoo_Jim when you get that Nightmare on Elm Street slabbed, make sure to post it! Heck, I'd like to see a picture of that raw if you happen to have one handy! LOL

Bit of glare from the mylar, but here 'tis
Post 477 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo_Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Bit of glare from the mylar, but here 'tis

Oh man, that is sweet!! I've always loved that cover! Thanks for sharing that. Great book!
Post 478 IP   flag post
Invoice in labels as of this morning. Not sure how soon shipping follows labels, but hopefully soon!
Post 479 IP   flag post
Collector Chinorey private msg quote post Address this user
So what the wait for October book ?
Post 480 IP   flag post
601329 999 30