Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
So what do you think a "realistic" TAT for grading 10 modern age with no other services comics would be? I was thinking about sending a batch but no way I want to wait 14 - 18 weeks I am just not that patient

In theory it should be six weeks max from when the comics are received. Not sure what the actual TAT is though. The CBCS grading services page says 4-6 weeks.
Post 326 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted a few books. They recieved Sept 19th. On the invoice, I'm in "labels" now.

All modern. 1 2day, but that should be held until other books are complete. (I didnt expedite it)
Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted 22 comics direct at a show (mostly modern with witnessed sigs) at the end of July and received them in todays mail. Compared to the 6/7 months my last submissions took im happy with the speed.
Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector classicaaron private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted on Sept 11th and yesterday my book is in QC and in imaging. was in labels for about 4 days. and that was with signature authentication. so I hope is ships soon but im happy with the progress its made so far as its def moving along.
Post 329 IP   flag post
Collector kevinlmillard private msg quote post Address this user
I dropped off my AMS 50 with Stan Lee signature for authentication and grading at CBCS on September 3rd. Received a message that it is ready for pick up September 23rd. Total turn around with signature authentication was only 20 days. This is such a huge improvement from last year.
Post 330 IP   flag post

Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
My comics received on Sept. 12 just got an email today they are ready to ship. Which is 2 weeks for 8 books (6 modern and 2 expanded). Never got the emails about grading just received and ready to ship. Which seems ridiculously fast compared to the past.
Post 331 IP   flag post
Collector anrbot private msg quote post Address this user
My order arrived today, Sep 27 (accepted Aug 2 but got stuck in the system). My advice for anyone looking for info is to wait until the maximum estimated point and if there is no change in status, it probably means the order got stuck for some reason.

After posting here and calling support, a rep called and apologized for the order getting stuck (although offered no compensation) and they turned it around in 3 business days. So total wait time from acceptance was exactly 8 weeks, though it should have been under 6.
Post 332 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
just an FYI but CGC Value tier is at 22 weeks.
Post 333 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
My 3 books were received 21st June for VSP, C&P and encapsulation,

Therefore 16 weeks and according to dashboard still in processing.

CBCS say "Pressing adds 12 weeks of processing time, and verification 2 weeks, to the 6 weeks for grading and encapsulation. "

I emailed customer support a few days ago on 9th October because by now my books should be in encapsulation but I have received no reply.

I gather CBCS are busy and a data entry member of staff has left but I hope that the special 10 days promotion of late has not meant my order being stuck somewhere in the system
Post 334 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
My 3 books were received 21st June for VSP, C&P and encapsulation,

Therefore 16 weeks and according to dashboard still in processing.

CBCS say "Pressing adds 12 weeks of processing time, and verification 2 weeks, to the 6 weeks for grading and encapsulation. "

I emailed customer support a few days ago on 9th October because by now my books should be in encapsulation but I have received no reply.

I gather CBCS are busy and a data entry member of staff has left but I hope that the special 10 days promotion of late has not meant my order being stuck somewhere in the system
I get your concern, but my dashboard is rarely updated properly. You numbers indicate 20 weeks and you're in week 16. Not sure why I'd be worrying about this a full month ahead of time.
Post 335 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
You numbers indicate 20 weeks and you're in week 16. Not sure why I'd be worrying about this a full month ahead of time.

Its the lack of dashboard change that was indeed my concern especially as CBCS say:-

"When you see the order change to grading online, that is when the verification and pressing are marked as completed"

So you are saying not to worry as from your experience the dashboard is rarely updated properly but as this is my first time submitting I am only going by what CBCS tell me.

If I get my books in 4 weeks great, however if CBCS are over 2 weeks behind which the dashboard would suggest I feel it would be remiss of me not to at least enquire as to the status of my books....just saying
Post 336 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan

If I get my books in 4 weeks great, however if CBCS are over 2 weeks behind which the dashboard would suggest I feel it would be remiss of me not to at least enquire as to the status of my books....just saying

I suppose I was just thinking it's odd to start worrying about receiving an item beyond the average TAT with a month to go. Worried enough to not only contact customer service, but post on the forum about something that may not even be an issue; and you won't know whether it's an issue or not for a month.

So, as a forum member with some submission under their belt (but certainly no "expert". I'm relaying that the dashboard isn't a great tool and it not being updated is a known failing. Contacting customer service if you're worried isn't out of line, but from a customer service standpoint is probably really low on their "to-do" list. I'm sure they have orders that are actually "late" to deal with. Further suggesting that the reason for your delay could be a special promotion, when it's not even "late" yet seems like you're just waiting to be disappointed.

Last, I think it's also important to realize the TAT reports are "average", not a guarantee. With this many steps, you could be looking at + or - a couple of weeks depending on their work flow and concurrently timed submissions. I hope it turns our well and you like what you get. Good luck. Let us know when you do get them.
Post 337 IP   flag post
Collector nik private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted 3 books during Fan Expo 2019; Usagi Yojimbo signed by Stan Sakai, White Widow signed by Jamie Tindell, & Ragged Rearranged Ragdolls variant signed by Stan Sakai-all witnessed. Was told 5 week turn around time, that was 2nd last weekend in August and haven't heard anything back. Even sent an e-mail to customer service last Thursday and no response.
Post 338 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik
Submitted 3 books during Fan Expo 2019; Usagi Yojimbo signed by Stan Sakai, White Widow signed by Jamie Tindell, & Ragged Rearranged Ragdolls variant signed by Stan Sakai-all witnessed. Was told 5 week turn around time, that was 2nd last weekend in August and haven't heard anything back. Even sent an e-mail to customer service last Thursday and no response.
Sounds like it's overdue. Do you know the date they marked as "received"? I had some books that were an east coast con that took something near 8 word days to hit "received", that's when the clock starts. con ended on 8/25; they then ship them back to their headquarters via international shipping, unpacked everything from that con and log everything in. You'd be over 6 weeks if they marked received by the 30th. I'd start trying to contact at 1-2 weeks over specified TAT from date of receipt, so you may be in the right realm. If you don't hear back within 48 hours of an e-mail I'd send another and another and another, every 48 hours until I got a response.
Post 339 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik
Sounds like it's overdue. Do you know the date they marked as "received"? I had some books that were an east coast con that took something near 8 word days to hit "received", that's when the clock starts. con ended on 8/25; they then ship them back to their headquarters via international shipping, unpacked everything from that con and log everything in. You'd be over 6 weeks if they marked received by the 30th. I'd start trying to contact at 1-2 weeks over specified TAT from date of receipt, so you may be in the right realm. If you don't hear back within 48 hours of an e-mail I'd send another and another and another, every 48 hours until I got a response.

Received email; Sept 9th confirming books were ready for pick up and followed instructions withing email. Called to make appointment for pick up at Oakville office. When I got there was told gentleman who handles CBCS books is only there on Fridays. Given a number to contact individual only to get a replied text from stating that the email was an error and that he would contact me when books were ready for pick up. That was Sept. 14th and still waiting and still haven't received a reply from customer services
Post 340 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik

Received email; Sept 9th confirming books were ready for pick up and followed instructions withing email. Called to make appointment for pick up at Oakville office. When I got there was told gentleman who handles CBCS books is only there on Fridays. Given a number to contact individual only to get a replied text from stating that the email was an error and that he would contact me when books were ready for pick up. That was Sept. 14th and still waiting and still haven't received a reply from customer services
Think I'm confused, you got an e-mail two weeks after the con saying they were ready for pick-up? Fan Expo ended August 25th right? Something definitely messed-up.
Post 341 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik

Think I'm confused, you got an e-mail two weeks after the con saying they were ready for pick-up? Fan Expo ended August 25th right? Something definitely messed-up.

Yes Fan Expo was August 22-25th. First e-mail was Sept. 10 indicating my submissions in process. Then on the 11th I received another e-mail stating that my submissions were ready for pick-up at CBCS office and that I needed to contact customer service to schedule arrange a pick up time and date (at Oakville location); which I did. And like I said when I went to pick them up they were not there and given a number to a representative to contact; which I did.

Emailed customer service last week and have not heard anything back.
Post 342 IP   flag post
Huh, seems like an issue in the e-mail service, which I think is somehow automated. Still gave you the runaround for no reason and should be getting back to you. I would say September 10th is likely the received date then and this week is week 5.
Post 343 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'll be sending in a fresh batch of books tomorrow to the Oakville office. I bet I get them back before my CGC order which they received Aug 6, 2019.
Post 344 IP   flag post
mailed these to CBCS Canada yesterday. Should arrive in a couple of days.

Post 345 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Kendra @ Customer Support doesn't appear to be answering emails as of late. I've sent off three in the last two weeks and crickets.

She was doing so well, too.
Post 346 IP   flag post
Collector wtbmok private msg quote post Address this user
I have the similar experience. Dropped my books off about 4 weeks ago but does not show up on the dashboard. Called, texted and emailed many times but no reply. Finally a reply saying it would be show up early this week but still nothing.
Post 347 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
My books from NYCC were recieved this past Monday, theyre in shipping except for my sketch cover which is in imaging, thats incredible. Good job guys!
Post 348 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
13 Books mailed to CBCS Canada on October 7th...currently in labels already. Incredible.
Post 349 IP   flag post
Collector Odinson2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Sent two orders through Oakville six weeks apart before the Labour Day and (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekends and they both went through on the same day.

As I understand it, they wait until they have enough to bulk ship and then it all goes at once.
Post 350 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson2000
Sent two orders through Oakville six weeks apart before the Labour Day and (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekends and they both went through on the same day.

As I understand it, they wait until they have enough to bulk ship and then it all goes at once.

My understanding is they ship once per month.
Post 351 IP   flag post
Collector Odinson2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Entirely possible, but then they missed shipping anything in September as my August comics arrived in the US the same time last week as my mid-October ones.
Post 352 IP   flag post
@Odinson2000 Sounds right. I submitted a batch of books Aug 26 and it reached Oakvile Aug 30 where they input and create the Canadian submission. The books were shipped to Florida (VSP and Press) in October. Maybe they ship once per month (or longer) depending on volume.
Post 353 IP   flag post
Got my books back, and happy with the service and grades that they each got.

Post 354 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
If I submit books now what is the chance they would be back before Christmas?
Post 355 IP   flag post
601333 999 30