Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo with your post, you convinced me to submit another batch of books. Current TATS are awesome!! Thank you!

ps. I'd love to see your books!
Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector RobtLSnyder private msg quote post Address this user
I sent off my first batch of 5 moderns last month. CBCS received them on the 9th and I got an email saying they were being shipped on the 24th. That's 15 days to get graded. Including shipping it took 23 days. Already sent in another batch. This time 5 Silver Age. I hoping this batch goes quickly as well.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Collector Wallstreet private msg quote post Address this user
I'm very pleased with CBCS's turn around time from my experience. I made back to back to back etc submissions starting on 7/8 (Invoice on my computer so CBCS didn't have them until 2 - 3 business days later. It's Sunday 8/4 and all of my books except two (pressing)are in the mail or arrived Friday 8/2. That beats the 5 week current expectation solidly.

What I'm not pleased with is the grades I got on a fair amount of books. I'm green and this proves it... After reviewing the notes and more closely inspecting those books, within the protective casing... I learned a very good lesson about what to submit, what to submit first for Pressing and dry cleaning, and... What not to submit at all.

Nevertheless. Excellent and timely work effort on CBCS's part. I recommend.
Post 228 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@esaravo with your post, you convinced me to submit another batch of books. Current TATS are awesome!! Thank you!

ps. I'd love to see your books!

You are welcome! I posted them already, and these quick TATs make me want to submit more too.
Post 229 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallstreet
I'm very pleased with CBCS's turn around time from my experience. I made back to back to back etc submissions starting on 7/8 (Invoice on my computer so CBCS didn't have them until 2 - 3 business days later. It's Sunday 8/4 and all of my books except two (pressing)are in the mail or arrived Friday 8/2. That beats the 5 week current expectation solidly.

What I'm not pleased with is the grades I got on a fair amount of books. I'm green and this proves it... After reviewing the notes and more closely inspecting those books, within the protective casing... I learned a very good lesson about what to submit, what to submit first for Pressing and dry cleaning, and... What not to submit at all.

Nevertheless. Excellent and timely work effort on CBCS's part. I recommend.

The best advice to give someone new to the hobby who wants to submit books is to check out Overstreet's current grading guide first. It's cheaper than learning through a multi-book submission, or purchasing slabs in varying grades (though the latter is a good way to learn too- Just more expensive than a grading guide).

Posting your raw book SCANS on a forum and asking for opinions is also helpful. Unfortunately it seems fewer and fewer people are SCANNING their books rather than taking cell phone pics, which I usually don't bother trying to form an opinion for, since too many defects can be hidden.
Post 230 IP   flag post

Collector Wallstreet private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy Totally understand and agree. As you know, the latest Overstreet came out July30th. So I have one now. I just couldn't wait... SO agree about scanners. If you want the most accurate representation of your book, you have to use a scanner. And when you're one the other side of the equation evaluating a book, you don't use a cell phone...

Case in point: Lol
Post 231 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
That the price guide. I'm referring to their Grading guide. I believe there are 3 editions. Opinions seem to vary on which is best to use. Oddly enough I prefer the 1st over the 3rd (never saw the 2nd).
Post 232 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort will do. FYI, it likely won't be all 1000+ received back at the same time. I requested they separate into smaller bundles based on publisher for the most part. So really there are around 1/2 doz + invoices for straight grading (that is the 1000+ comics), then there are another Doz + invoices for Press & Grade.
Post 233 IP   flag post
Collector Raven7of9 private msg quote post Address this user
This may not be the best place to ask but does anyone know if CBCS is having any specials going on?
Post 234 IP   flag post
Collector Adammartin78 private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted my books at the Calgary comic Con 26 April and it still only says processing on my account?
Post 235 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
🤷‍♂️
Post 236 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Stupid question.

Does CGC give updates similar to the invoices / dashboard found on CBCS?

The reason I ask is, some folks are complaining about stuff that isnt showing up and thought to be in limbo or taking longer than it should. Does CGC have to go through this too?

I can understand complaining and raising hell IF the company exceeds the stated time of completion. However, people complain and that stated time of completion hasn't even passed.

While I can understand to a point, as I have books in pressing and am impatient in general. I know what I signed up for, and saying "are we there yet papa smurf? " every week or so, isnt doing anything to make the time pass quicker.
Post 237 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte my past submissions to CGC were very problematic to follow even with no pressing. My submissions to CBCS with pressing have not been quite as difficult to follow as CGC and my CBCS submissions w/o pressing are even less so. My most recent submissions from SDCC are looking even better to follow. Bottom line I am having better experience with CBCS than CGC and it is getting even better. Full disclosure, I only started using CBCS in Mid January of this year.
Post 238 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
From my experience, pressing has never showed on my invoice or dashboard. Mind you, I dont look every day.

While it would be nice to have an estimated time table on pressing, From my understanding the fella is one of the best in pressing and I have had a few books jump hundreds of dollars each due to their skill.

For that reason slone, I am as patient as I have to be.

While turn around times before were dismal. Turn around times in general lately seem vastly improved.

All in all I see improvement. While things could always be better, patience has its rewards. If a person is unsatisfied with wait or service, there is CGC or they can really go hog wild with PGX or see how Halo is.

Full disclosure, most of my collection happens to be CGC, And although that ratio is changing, I am not a rabid fan of anyone. Both companies have pissed me off, but I try and be realistic in my expectations.
Post 239 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Is anyone else have the issue of leaving a submission (like I did in early July at Florida SuperCon) and on the dashboard that is nothing that shows it as a pending order?

Very frustrating.
Post 240 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zosocane
Is anyone else have the issue of leaving a submission (like I did in early July at Florida SuperCon) and on the dashboard that is nothing that shows it as a pending order?

Very frustrating.

My grade-only books showed processing on my dashboard until they left CBCS to come back to me. But when i would click on "Invoice" and downloaded it, i could see the actual progress of the books. Don't know if you've tried this already, if so and had no success, sorry.
Post 241 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Gosh, I am trying SO hard not to lose my mind at this point. So we've established that my order is in pressing and that the control panel updates are terrible at best. Got it.

Today, I log in and my order is showing "cancelled" (see attached image). The invoice shows July 16th, but it was submitted on June 1st.

I haven't cancelled anything. The credit card given has ample funds available. It looks like tomorrow will be another call to customer service. Sigh.

I really want to love CBCS. I really, really do. But I am getting so tired of calling to correct invoices (twice) etc.

Any suggestions, or am I over reacting? Thanks everyone.

Post 242 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk
Gosh, I am trying SO hard not to lose my mind at this point. So we've established that my order is in pressing and that the control panel updates are terrible at best. Got it.

Today, I log in and my order is showing "cancelled" (see attached image).

I haven't cancelled anything. The credit card given has ample funds available. It looks like tomorrow will be another call to customer service. Sigh.

I really want to love CBCS. I really, really do. But I am getting so tired of calling to correct invoices (twice) etc.

Any suggestions, or am I over reacting? Thanks everyone.

@Pain_Monk you're not overreacting, I had issues with my very first submission and I even wrote CBCS an email before it became an issue. i felt like they patted me on the head and gave me a glass of milk and sent me to bed. Then i had a time getting a hold of someone to help me straighten everything out. to their credit, they said they would take care of everything and several apologies later they fixed everything and got it right along with my other submissions that came back super fast. At this point CBCS and I are good but, it could have gone horribly wrong so easily.
Post 243 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort thanks for that.

I will call tomorrow and if "Aaron" answers, as he has the last few times, I will ask for a supervisor. Maybe I'm living in fantasy land, but if I can get through to any of the real CBCS employees I dealt with on my first submission I'll feel a lot better.

I'm thinking they either outsourced their customer service phone line or have secretaries running interference now. This group is ineffective compared to the service folks I dealt with the first time around last year.

I really am trying very hard to be calm and polite, but this situation is pushing ALL of my buttons at the moment.
Post 244 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk
@sportshort thanks for that.

I will call tomorrow and if "Aaron" answers, as he has the last few times, I will ask for a supervisor. Maybe I'm living in fantasy land, but if I can get through to any of the real CBCS employees I dealt with on my first submission I'll feel a lot better.

I'm thinking they either outsourced their customer service phone line or have secretaries running interference now. This group is ineffective compared to the service folks I dealt with the first time around last year.

I really am trying very hard to be calm and polite, but this situation is pushing ALL of my buttons at the moment.

When I was having issues I spoke to Kendra and she was able to help. I didn't write it in my previous post because it took some mental acrobatics to remember her name, which i Just did.
Post 245 IP   flag post
@Bronte just edited my reply to you as I realized it wasn't clear that I was saying I am liking the service from CBCS more than from CGC.
Post 246 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
So I submitted 2 books for grading (no pressing) at Supercon Fla on July 7, over 30 days ago, and I paid. I just spoke to CBCS and they can’t find any record of my submission. Nothing on my dashboard. Fortunately, I have the hard copy receipt (which has no unique invoice #), just hand-written date, time and initials for reference (not comforting — you would think a unique invoice number would be on the receipt). They asked me to do their work for them and email them a scan of the receipt. Because I have nothing better to do.

Frustrating.
Post 247 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
To anyone who can help;

My submission was changed from Expanded to Vintage. The cost increased $10 per book ($60 for the entire order). I've never heard of a tier called Vintage. What is that and why is it more expensive?

on a side note my invoice also has inaccurate information about my books.
Post 248 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC i think vintage is pre 1975. If your books are newer they would be expanded, you may need to call someone to get the order adjusted
Post 249 IP   flag post
My books are (4) silverage and (2) bronzeage. All before 1975

The only tier that I can see that carries a $40 charge is this one and my books don't conform to this criteria.

Post 250 IP   flag post
This is what my order looks like.

Top lefthand corner: Vintage.
Processing Tier: $40 under each book.
Each book year is wrong: 1974. I did not enter the books this way. There's spelling errors as well.

Post 251 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
This is what my order looks like.

Top lefthand corner: Vintage.
Processing Tier: $40 under each book.
Each book year is wrong: 1974. I did not enter the books this way. There's spelling errors as well.

Invoice number? PM me
Post 252 IP   flag post
@Darryl_H PM sent. Thank you!
Post 253 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Canadian orders using our Canadian hub are priced differently....

https://www.cbcscomics.com/can-pricing
Post 254 IP   flag post
Yes, all is good!! The prices are in Canadian so that's great.

I take it the incorrect years on the books make no difference?

@Darryl_H Thank you for straightening this out for me!!
Post 255 IP   flag post
601504 999 30