Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
Ive noticed the prices on Ms. Marvel comic books are dropping quite a bit all over. Do you think this is because people dont like Brie Larson or because of other reasons?
Post 1 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I assume probably just because the movie (the first one, anyway) has come and gone.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
My theory is a lot of speculators were buying up her issues. Now they are starting to realize she isn't a very popular character and no one wants to pay big bucks for her comics. Also, Brie Larson rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Prices are dropping because more people are selling than buying, supply and demand. All her books are plentiful in the market place.
Post 4 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoosh5492
Ive noticed the prices on Ms. Marvel comic books are dropping quite a bit all over. Do you think this is because people don't like Brie Larson or because of other reasons?

She certainly didn't help matters.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I would say this is typical of increases brought on by movies. Prices rise during the announcement of a movie and maybe as the movie gets closer to release and hype builds....then readjust a bit after release and speculators fly to the next hyped release.

Like moths to a flame...
Post 6 IP   flag post
I would like to look at a chart of what happened to ASM 300. Is Venom still going up?
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Drogio Hopefully Eternals, Nova, Masters of Kung Fu, and Inhumans wont share a similar fate!
Post 8 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Drogio Hopefully Eternals, Nova, Masters of Kung Fu, and Inhumans wont share a similar fate!

I'm betting that it does. None of these characters were very popular before the movies and TV shows and their comics generally aren't hard to find in high grade. We'll have to see what happens.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I have to find the right time to sell those Eternals books I have.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:

Nova Inhumans? Do you know something we don't?
Post 11 IP   flag post
The rumor mill has mentioned Nova popping up in a movie at some point. I think Quasar was mentioned too. Not sure about Eternals. I remember something about Master of Kung Fu.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Shang Chi and Eternals are confirmed.
Post 13 IP   flag post

Saw this on my IG feed. Not sure if it's bs, but it looks legit.
Post 14 IP   flag post
It is bs
Post 15 IP   flag post
You telling me that people wouldn't be pumped up for Power Pack?
Post 16 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

No way that's legit.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
The prices always spike just before a movie is released because people think it will increase. It's a self-fulling prophecy and prices always adjust afterwards. No reason to be alarmed.
Post 18 IP   flag post
🤣 Now's our chance to get the books at a bargain, although looks like the people on eBay are already on it.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
The prices always spike just before a movie is released because people think it will increase. It's a self-fulling prophecy and prices always adjust afterwards. No reason to be alarmed.

Unless someone bought high. 😆
Post 20 IP   flag post
Poster is probably BS. But most of these titles don't seem that far-fetched to make it to the big screen.
Post 21 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
My theory is a lot of speculators were buying up her issues. Now they are starting to realize she isn't a very popular character and no one wants to pay big bucks for her comics. Also, Brie Larson rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way.

Ms. Marvel has always been a third tier character. So much so that she was stripped of her powers by Rogue and turned into Binary. A character that also flopped, but much better than her maligned current role as a re-imagined Captain Marvel.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

This is bs. I saw the same post with the caption (paraphrasing) wouldnt this be a good Phase 4
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

Unless someone bought high. 😆

If you were wanting a quick flip... yeah.
As someone who owns almost all of his childhood collection, I would still not be too alarmed. Comics hold their value better when collectors overpay and resist selling for a loss. Eventually someone comes along and starts speculating again. A key book is always a key book.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Ive noticed the prices on Ms. Marvel comic books are dropping quite a bit all over. Do you think this is because people dont like Brie Larson or because of other reasons?

Same reason as always anymore:
"This isn't the next Hulk 181/New Mutants 98?? Rats!"
Post 25 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Only if it includes their play date with Sabretooth.

Just how did he get that baby sitting gig anyway?

Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Only if it includes their play date with Sabretooth.

Just how did he get that baby sitting gig anyway?

I think that is the mutant massacre tie-in. I have some PP issues, mostly stuff with crossovers. Kinda neat concept, but it's not cup of tea.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Captain Marvel dropping cause the actor playing the character sucks. I'm guessing people finally see that she was a bad choice. Heck even her ex-fellow Avengers can't stand her... Check out videos on YouTube.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth I agree. I like Ms. Marvel in the comics, but something about the actress is so unlikable.
Post 29 IP   flag post
It will be interesting to see how Captain Marvel 2 does without the endgame hype.
Post 30 IP   flag post
598059 36 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?