Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Predictions or potential hot books.8918

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Last I heard it's still coming out next year... dunno? In March they said they are to start filming this summer.
Post 26 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Article from April 17th, 2019.

"Y: The Last Man
FX in April 2018 has green lit the production of Y: The Last Man with Melinda Matsoukas directing. Melinda is an American director of commercials, TV shows and music videos.
Unfortunatedly, this show has been cancelled.
Y: The Last Man was written by Brian K. Vaughan published by Vertigo in September 2002. The comic book ran for 60 issues ending in 2008. This comic book is about Yorick Brown, the main character, who is the only male who survived in post-apocalypse.
Jodie Foster is in talks to play Yorick’s mom. She has ordered an agent to take Yorick to see a geneticist to find a way to save humans. They traveled all over the world. Along the way, there were groups who want to kill Yorick and groups who want to capture Yorick for their own personal gains.
A copy of Y: The Last Man #1 CGC 9.8 sold for $999.99 in July 2018. On March 16, a copy of Y: The Last Man #1 CGC 9.8 sold for $1,300. Prices went up but I am sure prices will go back down soon."

comicbookcollect article
Post 27 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
More to the backstory here.
Post 28 IP   flag post

Post 29 IP   flag post
FCBD Spider-Man 2019 is in stores, for free, on May 4th. It features a pretty big story for Venom. This is leading up to the Absolute Carnage event this summer. Check out the spoiler images below.

clickable text
Post 30 IP   flag post

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Article from April 17th, 2019.

"Y: The Last Man
FX in April 2018 has green lit the production of Y: The Last Man with Melinda Matsoukas directing. Melinda is an American director of commercials, TV shows and music videos.
Unfortunatedly, this show has been cancelled.
Y: The Last Man was written by Brian K. Vaughan published by Vertigo in September 2002. The comic book ran for 60 issues ending in 2008. This comic book is about Yorick Brown, the main character, who is the only male who survived in post-apocalypse.
Jodie Foster is in talks to play Yorick’s mom. She has ordered an agent to take Yorick to see a geneticist to find a way to save humans. They traveled all over the world. Along the way, there were groups who want to kill Yorick and groups who want to capture Yorick for their own personal gains.
A copy of Y: The Last Man #1 CGC 9.8 sold for $999.99 in July 2018. On March 16, a copy of Y: The Last Man #1 CGC 9.8 sold for $1,300. Prices went up but I am sure prices will go back down soon."

comicbookcollect article

It's too bad, would have been a great show
Like I said though - on the up side I can probably pickup an issue on the cheap now!
Post 31 IP   flag post
@KatKomics That's what I'm talkin' about!
Post 32 IP   flag post
For a spec book - what about American Flagg??

I thought I heard they were making this into a TV show - if you pickup the series and it goes nowhere you still have one of the great reads from the last few decades!!!
Post 33 IP   flag post
I do have one of those

Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing new, but I'm hoping there's a lot of hype and interest over Bloodshot. I've picked up a couple of number 1's in the last few months for a little of nothing. Still looking for a first appearance though. Somebody at my LCS cleaned out the dollar bin...
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
...... and no one cares about this anymore cuz we are talking about Spawn.
spawn deserves to be hot, and not because of homage covers. .. it's a must read each month for me .. the art is brilliant and the story is great .. dark horror arc was near perfect and while Todd's writing since picking up the role is a bit heavy on exposition , it's a lot of fun and the build up to 300 is the real

Since picking up the first issue I've been hoping for Armageddon, spawn living in a post apocalyptic world ... I have slight hope that it may actually deliver that .. but even if it doesn't , anything like the books of last coupe of years will do me fine.

This is not the book we read in the 90s .. ( though admittedly todd is playing on that a little in recent issues in run up to 300 )
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I personally think the new Agents of Atlas 4 Issues series coming is setting something up for future Marvel properties and introduce the diversity they've been trying to obtain. Bringing together a group from the MCU, adding some first appearances of video game characters not seen in comics, characters that were exclusive to China and have a following there and also introducing a new NA Hero Take a look...

Shang-Chi - Movie in Development
Amadeus Cho - Introduced in Incredible Hulk
Silk - Movie in Development at Sony, but Cindy Moon introduced in Spider-Man Homecoming
Jimmy Woo - Introduced in Ant Man

New Characters...

Wave - Filipina her - This is 1st Appearance
Aero - Character was Exclusive to China - This is NA 1st Appearance
Sword Master - Character was Exclusive to China- This is NA 1st Appearance
Crescent - Introduced in Marvel Future Fight Video Game (Comic would be 1st Appearance)
Lo - Introduced in Marvel Future Fight Video Game (Comic would be 1st Appearance)
Luna Snow - Introduced in Marvel Future Fight Video Game (Comic would be 1st Appearance)
Post 37 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Well said Wraith, read 296 yesterday. For some reason though my Lcs’s in town get a total of maybe six books. My copy has been a special order for the last three years and only 10 books ago decided to start getting all the covers. I don’t know why people,around here at least, don’t read it. When I started collecting again I went right back to spawn and it seemed as if wasn’t a “cool” title anymore, it was weird.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Good jumping on point
Post 39 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
DC Comics Naomi #1, #4, #5

Naomi #1 3rd print (Final Print)

Naomi #2 2nd print (Final Print)

Naomi #3 2nd print (Final Print)

Stranger Comics Untamed: A Sinner's Prayer #1 1:10 Variant

DC Comics Detective Comics #1000 Alex Ross Homage Variant, #1001

Marvel Comics Presents #4 Bill Sienkiewicz 1:50

Marvel Comics Immortal Hulk #17

DC's Year of the Villain #1 Jim Cheung 1:500

DCeased #1 Yasmine Putri cover C

Major X #1 2nd print

Nobody is in Control #1

Savage Avengers #1 cover A

Electric Black #1 unlocked 1:10

Ascender #1

Thanos #1 cover A

Venom #13 cover A
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Any and all variants!

Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
I still think Bone Parish is one of the most film/series ready books I've read in a while. It's about making a drug from the bones of the dead. I am shocked it's not optioned yet.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
After seeing the latest X-Men trailer, the scene showing Mystique trying to appeal to Jean outside on some neighborhood street seemed very similar to the events in What If #27 between Kitty Pryde and Jean.

Silly reason for speculation, but it can be a silly hobby.
EDIT: And it has only one cover. How silly is that?
Post 43 IP   flag post
X-Men needs the MCU treatment - it was what like 4-5yrs build up to get to Dark Phoenix in the comics!!! Current X-Men are jumping the gun - there has been none of the build up, just a straight jump to the end. If they did it proper they would have their Phase 5 or whatever. Would have a bunch of proper X-Men movies and X-Factor and Defenders and individual Character movies etc. etc. etc....

Not a giant fan of the X-Men movies in case you hadn't guessed...or Wolverine and the idiot squad as the movies should have been named. Mickey should Infinity Gauntlet the existing X-Men movies and start from scratch and then there would be a whole slew of books to speculate on (some of which are already not cheap but would jump up a couple times over with the right movie treatments!)
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
X-Men needs the MCU treatment - it was what like 4-5yrs build up to get to Dark Phoenix in the comics!!! Current X-Men are jumping the gun - there has been none of the build up, just a straight jump to the end. If they did it proper they would have their Phase 5 or whatever. Would have a bunch of proper X-Men movies and X-Factor and Defenders and individual Character movies etc. etc. etc....

Not a giant fan of the X-Men movies in case you hadn't guessed...or Wolverine and the idiot squad as the movies should have been named. Mickey should Infinity Gauntlet the existing X-Men movies and start from scratch and then there would be a whole slew of books to speculate on (some of which are already not cheap but would jump up a couple times over with the right movie treatments!)

And if they did it right, you cast young teenagers (a la Harry Potter) and then you are locked into a realistic story arc for the next 10 - 12 which would give you like 5 or 6 movies (more if they double shot). But it would be a more realistic take of the start from gifted youngsters to older, jaded mutants .

Although, I have to say, I did enjoy the last Wolverine movie (Logan). We finally got to see what Logan was best at, and what he was best at wasn't very nice....
Post 45 IP   flag post
Too many times Hero films (even the good ones) focus way too much on the "stars". Shouldn't they realize by now they can risk finding someone new, and people will still come to see it?
Woody Harellson?? WTF?
Post 46 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
DC Comics Naomi #1, #4, #5

Naomi #1 3rd print (Final Print)

Naomi #2 2nd print (Final Print)

Naomi #3 2nd print (Final Print)

Stranger Comics Untamed: A Sinner's Prayer #1 1:10 Variant

DC Comics Detective Comics #1000 Alex Ross Homage Variant, #1001

Marvel Comics Presents #4 Bill Sienkiewicz 1:50

Marvel Comics Immortal Hulk #17

DC's Year of the Villain #1 Jim Cheung 1:500

DCeased #1 Yasmine Putri cover C

The crazy-weird prices on Naomi and - I just checked - the Sienkiewicz cover of Marvel Comics Presents selling for $400 (!) on eBay just a week after release, means it is time for me to admit I have NO idea what the hell causes some of these comics to get hot.

But I do like those Yasmine Putri covers for DCeased. I'm getting all three of them myself. I hope the story is as good as the cover art.
Post 47 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Looking at my recent purchases I am going to suggest Duck books like this one:

Post 48 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
I just checked - the Sienkiewicz cover of Marvel Comics Presents selling for $400 (!) on eBay just a week after release

That's because it's a 1:50 ratio incentive for retailers. Few stores ordered 50 copies of Marvel Comics Presents Volume 2. This book should be around $1100 next year if 9.8.

It's like the Rick and Morty #1 1:50 Justin Roiland Variant. Same concept.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Wave - Filipina her - This is 1st Appearance
Aero - Character was Exclusive to China - This is NA 1st Appearance
Sword Master - Character was Exclusive to China- This is NA 1st Appearance

All of those debuted in War of the Realms and Agents of Atlas so those would be the issues to spec on, not their ongoing title series I would think
Post 50 IP   flag post
With the huge increase of a "Cameo" issue, do you think other cameos will follow suit?

If so, then Web of Spider-man #18, 1ST VENOM CAMEO may be a good prospect. Any thoughts?

Post 51 IP   flag post
I've been waiting for years. I have 10 copies for some reason lol.

Oh, and cameo, shmameo. First appearance is a first appearance, regardless of how big it is. Are some really lame? You bet (Darkseid)- but if a character is seen for the 1st time in a comic book story before any other comic story, then how can it be anything other than a first appearance?
Is 181 still THE one to own? The Market says 'yes'.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
I just checked - the Sienkiewicz cover of Marvel Comics Presents selling for $400 (!) on eBay just a week after release

That's because it's a 1:50 ratio incentive for retailers. Few stores ordered 50 copies of Marvel Comics Presents Volume 2. This book should be around $1100 next year if 9.8.

It's like the Rick and Morty #1 1:50 Justin Roiland Variant. Same concept.

Unless some ass**** sells them out of the warehouse six months from now because they have a ton left over that no one ordered. I know one or two sellers on eBay that are pretty suspicious with those incentive ratios. One guy I saw a few months ago was selling 1:1000 and 1:2000 ratios like they're candy. No way one guy legit has ~20 copies of a 1:2000 ratio. Who the hell could order 40,000 copies of one comic?

Maybe the 1:50 ratio is safer. More people get copies to begin with, and less of the value is due to artificial restrictions on supply. So there's less room for a bad actor to kill the value by sticking a few extra copies on eBay. But still, ratios can be dangerous. Especially Marvel ratios.
Post 53 IP   flag post
clickable text

Only $1,000,000 and it could be yours!

Post 54 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Wtf?
Post 55 IP   flag post
618011 123 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?