Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Predictions or potential hot books.8918

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I thought it would be cool to have a thread for predictions of upcoming books that have the potential of being HOT. @GanaSoth posted in another thread about Marvel announcing The Death Of Rocket Raccoon in Guardians of the Galaxy #7. Seems like a good starting point. Let's see if we can keep this going for the good of all of us. If you catch wind of a potential hot books coming out, let's hear about it so we don't miss out!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Any and all variants!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Next few spawn books are homage covers, all of them in the 220’s did very well
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Next few spawn books are homage covers, all of them in the 220’s did very well
that's because they are hard to find due to lower popularity back then.. recent homage such as 277 are dollar box material ..

Expect 295 to 301 to be much higher sales than 22x due to the milestone and spec on homage covers because of 22x ...
Post 4 IP   flag post
I’m a spawn fan from 1992, it still isn’t popular. My lcs gets five copies, 3 are for me.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Immortal Hulk
Post 6 IP   flag post
Well..... of course, immortal hulk is a give me
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
I’m a spawn fan from 1992, it still isn’t popular. My lcs gets five copies, 3 are for me.
according to comichron , current orders of spawn are basically double what they were for 22X ( which were around 15k / book ) ... that may be in part to spawn now having 3 covers / month but still as someone who left spawn and came back , there are a lot of hard to find books in the late 100 early/mid 200 which im staying out of while movie hype is on.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Topsykrets private msg quote post Address this user
Last knight on earth I have faith might be
Post 9 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
There's a lot going on in the upcoming Spawn title. Here's the promo for Spawn #299. I've been preordering Spawn since #296 and getting the virgin covers for $1.94 each through MCS.

Spawn Cvr B Mcfarlane Virgin 299

Published by IMAGE COMICS

(W) Todd McFarlane (A) Jason Shawn Alexander (CA) Todd McFarlane THE LAST ISSUE BEFORE SPAWN #300! 'WAR TO 300,' Part Two: Witness the debut of TODD McFARLANE's newest creation-The Rapture! Heaven's answer to the mythic Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, these eternal warriors are tasked with eliminating the plague called humanity from the face of the Earth. The WAR TO 300 rages! Next month, new allegiances will form, new enemies will rise, and history will be made!

For Marvel, I'm going to say Silver Surfer Black. And possibly "House of X" or "Powers of X".

For DC, I think "Event Leviathan" has potential.

For Indies, I REALLY like "HG Wells The Island of Dr. Moreau" by IDW. I'm probably alone on that one though. I've heard chatter of "Knight's Temporal" by AfterShock, but I'm not really feeling it. Others may. I really like Faithless #1, but I don't think that will be majorly hot. I think it will have a cult following like "Unnatural". I'm forgetting a few Indies that I am keeping my eye on. I'll have to look back at my notes and post more later. And I think there is a new Batman comic title coming up that looked promising as well.
Post 10 IP   flag post
That’s pretty crazy @wraith, I don’t doubt those numbers at all. There happens to be four legit store in my town and no one gets this title.. shame on them as far as I’m concerned cuz I clean it all up
Post 11 IP   flag post
Anyone else land the 293 error?
Post 12 IP   flag post
...... and no one cares about this anymore cuz we are talking about Spawn.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Anyone else land the 293 error?

I did, and quickly flipped it because they didn’t recall it but we’re sending replacements anyway...so double the print run on that issue.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:

One thing I like about picking up a spawn book is it’s $2.99 price tag. Find a better comic for $2.99. I will be picking up 1 copy each of the homage covers upcoming because they are cheap.

One thing I don’t like about picking up a spawn book is the only cover options are Mattina art...I’d prefer someone else.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Local seller says every time I go in for them the ever elusive “2.99”......
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Immortal Hulk

As far as upcoming...I think the only spec worthy books relating to these characters short term are debut of characters in these books in back issues. But long term there may be potential with characters like Red Harpy...hard to say.

Thinking Devil Hulk is coming...debut was Incredible Hulk vol 2 #13. Also, Brian Banner (Whom Became Devil Hulk) debuted in Incredible Hulk 312. Grabbed a few cheap NM copies of that book to sit on for a bit. It’s a key book in hulks history anyway which gets no love.

Then obviously Incredible Hulk 347. Hold that book for a while though...something tells me Joe Fixit will be a movie or some Netflix series before too long.
Post 17 IP   flag post
There may be some spec potential in upcoming Spider-Man: Miles Morales issue’s. I think a new hero and villain in his rogues gallery are set to debut in issues 6 & 8. If there’s a sequel or tv series...could have potential.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, a spec thread

Spawn collector from back in the day. Got back in around 292. I love the look of the character and the covers are awesome. I think it was 295 or 296 with the Clown head, that was fn awesome. I think I will continue with the series. Definitely higher print run now and hoping the movie will actually be good. Not liking Todd's script for it though
Post 19 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Would anything Mark Millar works on be considered "hot" since it all gets optioned by Netflix?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

One thing I like about picking up a spawn book is it’s $2.99 price tag. Find a better comic for $2.99. I will be picking up 1 copy each of the homage covers upcoming because they are cheap.

One thing I don’t like about picking up a spawn book is the only cover options are Mattina art...I’d prefer someone else.
mattinss covers are great .. most issues also have a mcfarlane or Alexander variant of some description if Martina ain't your ring .. ( typically the black and white )..

Miles morales is on my pull as in think the character and his future rogues gallery has further potential. Also think is one my young son could like when he gets old enough to start reading comics as expect three will be a bit of miles in other media and toys etc . And he looks awesome

I also think a lot of potential with silk ..
Post 21 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
There is a website that does all of the work for you

https://comicbookinvest.com/
Post 22 IP   flag post
Where's the fun in that? I was hoping if someone hears of a 1st appearance, origin issue or special issue they could pass on the info. I wish I had a "heads up" about ‎Ultimate Fallout #4, I missed out on that one.
Post 23 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
There is a website that does all of the work for you

https://comicbookinvest.com/

And there are at least two Facebook groups for speculation. I'm a "the more the merrier" type of guy. I enjoy reading and seeing what others are thinking about upcoming issues.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Kind of against the tread here...but rumor has it Y the Last Man TV show might be cancelled.

I predict that high grade copies of #1 will be much more affordable in the future - good for me as I missed #1 through #3 on initial release but was quickly able to get 2 and 3 and had the remainder on my pull list but was never able to fill the issue #1 hole...maybe in the next few months???
Post 25 IP   flag post
Last I heard it's still coming out next year... dunno? In March they said they are to start filming this summer.
Post 26 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Article from April 17th, 2019.

"Y: The Last Man
FX in April 2018 has green lit the production of Y: The Last Man with Melinda Matsoukas directing. Melinda is an American director of commercials, TV shows and music videos.
Unfortunatedly, this show has been cancelled.
Y: The Last Man was written by Brian K. Vaughan published by Vertigo in September 2002. The comic book ran for 60 issues ending in 2008. This comic book is about Yorick Brown, the main character, who is the only male who survived in post-apocalypse.
Jodie Foster is in talks to play Yorick’s mom. She has ordered an agent to take Yorick to see a geneticist to find a way to save humans. They traveled all over the world. Along the way, there were groups who want to kill Yorick and groups who want to capture Yorick for their own personal gains.
A copy of Y: The Last Man #1 CGC 9.8 sold for $999.99 in July 2018. On March 16, a copy of Y: The Last Man #1 CGC 9.8 sold for $1,300. Prices went up but I am sure prices will go back down soon."

comicbookcollect article
Post 27 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
More to the backstory here.
Post 28 IP   flag post

Post 29 IP   flag post
FCBD Spider-Man 2019 is in stores, for free, on May 4th. It features a pretty big story for Venom. This is leading up to the Absolute Carnage event this summer. Check out the spoiler images below.

clickable text
Post 30 IP   flag post
618013 123 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?