Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededQuestions

New to grading8915

Collector Torr102 private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve never gotten comics graded before, I’m new to this and I was wondering are these 2 comics even worth submitting for grading? The captain America is being held together with tape. There are no pages missing but they’re in awful shape. I’m guessing they would receive the lowest grade available. Would they even be encapsulated and would it be worth it?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
They seem better candidates to line the bottom of a bird cage.

A nice copy of Cap 111 is well worth grading but the one in the picture is beat to hell.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd save your grading money for a book in better condition
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
Save your money
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Torr102 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the response guys
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Before you do anything, make sure that you read that Cap, do not miss the opportunity of discovering Jim Steranko's works.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@Torr102 The only reason to encapsulate these would be sentimental value if you wanted them to be preserved in their current state for a longer period of time with a nice presentation.

They will gain no value other than what your emotions say.

Cool books!
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Torr102 Oh, and welcome to the forum! and grading!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
@Torr102 The only reason to encapsulate these would be sentimental value if you wanted them to be preserved in their current state for a longer period of time with a nice presentation.

Cool books!

Don’t waste your money on getting a grade assigned. If you want a hard piece of plastic around them go with comic skins.

Create your own label. And be able to open the case if you want to hold or read it again. Same price as a graded slab...a lot less waiting!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man

Cool books!

Don’t waste your money on getting a grade assigned. If you want a hard piece of plastic around them go with comic skins.

Create your own label. And be able to open the case if you want to hold or read it again. Same price as a graded slab...a lot less waiting!

This is a good alernative @Drogio !

@Torr102 This could be an option for you. It all depends on what you want.
I assume by coming here you want a graded book, but if you don't there are other options...including just putting them in mylar bags with boards.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
@Torr102 ~ Take the above advise, it comes from experienced members. I would strongly suggest that you look at why you want to slab, what are your alternatives, the (often surprisingly high)cost(s)in doing so and also rushing into a system that may noe work for you. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Post 11 IP   flag post
600516 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?