Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPComics Modern Age

Mail Call!8899

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Okay this is the last of my big-ish orders. Nothing really high-value but a lot of fun, personal books. I haven't gotten around to doing the full scans yet but that should be tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately, the labels of these two Tomb Raider books were switched so they'll be going back for fixes soon.

This book needs three more sigs to be complete. I gotta get JG Jones and Jeffrey Dean Morgan, plus Tom Jane, who was Bradstreet's model for the Comedian on the cover (and apparently the first choice to play the character in the film)

Not an amazing grade but the last frame is comic history!

I have a love for promo reprints. This one can probably use a press but right now I'm happy to get Dillon's signature verified.

One for the Black Widow pile!

I'm not huge into homage covers but I loved that this cover overlapped the Punisher and Mary Jane, both by John Romita Sr, so I thought it'd be neat to have the book signed by the man himself.

I always liked the Punisher/Elektra pairing that Ennis introduced in this issue. It was kind of a punchline, sure, but when it was revived in Thunderbolts a few years later...it didn't really work, but then Charles Soule (one of my favorite comics writers) took over the book and the potential of the two finally came through...then Thunderbolts changed writers again and threw it all in the trash. Interestingly, in the Marvel Knights 2099 book, the Punisher of 2099 is the daughter of Frank and Elektra

Tom Jane once again stepping in as Bradstreet's model, this time as Nick Fury (he's also showed up on a few of his other covers, such as The Shadow). I also have this as a print, slghtly touched up by Tim because he was a little unhappy with the levels on the final cover.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Nice haul congrats
Post 2 IP   flag post
@no1lufcfan Thanks!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Love the books, but are the issue numbers wrong on the Tomb Raider labels?
Post 4 IP   flag post
@00slim Thank you! Unfortunately, The labels on the tomb raider books are switched so they need to go back for fixes :/
Post 5 IP   flag post
Bummer! I’ve always loved the games, and those covers are awesome!

Just a heads up, if you’re interested, I believe Lara Croft’s first comic book appearance is the first Witchblade/Tomb Raider crossover.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Bummer! I’ve always loved the games, and those covers are awesome!

Just a heads up, if you’re interested, I believe Lara Croft’s first comic book appearance is the first Witchblade/Tomb Raider crossover.

Confirmed!

The first series from ‘97.

Post 7 IP   flag post
@00slim Awesome! I have the three different covers of that book (and the reprint) signed by Michael Turner, so those will eventually get slabbed in a red label.

And yeah, Joe Jusko is one of my favorites and he does a great Tomb Raider. I still need to get this one signed

Post 8 IP   flag post
Some of them are easy to confuse for photo covers. Very nice.
Post 9 IP   flag post
600627 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?