Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestionsToys

Preacher.889

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
DarthLego wanted to know what is hot.

You wanna know what IS hot right, here, right now?

PREACHER.

After the finale, look for these books to SKYROCKET overnight. They just got a green light for Season 2.

I bid and won on a preacher lot of all issues on ebay for a song at only $640. When I received them I noticed I was missing #12. The seller said she'd send me $10 and I could buy another. I said no. She was out of town for a week and when she got back I discovered in her absence #12 went from $8 on ebay to $40 on ebay. In a week. She insisted on sending me the $10 yet I disagreed. So I made her buy me one with her own auction money and mail me the missing #12 since that was part of the original "contract" of the auction listing. I had already sent off #1 to be graded here at CBCS. Good thing she didn't make me send it all back for a refund!

Preacher is going to be the rare instance where a tv network literally strikes lightning twice with the same cookie cutter format of a comic book tv show. It's working, and it's working WELL.

Snatch up those Preacher books right now while you can. While they are still affordable.

I predict 4 seasons of this new hit tv show. They seem to be following a very strict path.

TEAM CASSIDY all the way here btw
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
I'm so mad I missed out on this when it first came out. It was hot then, but #1 was only about $50. I did not want to bandwagon and buy it, but it looks like the bandwagon paid off.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Maverick private msg quote post Address this user
So you agreed to the 10 dollar refund after you got what you thought was a good deal on some books only to renege and ask for more money?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector AznBane private msg quote post Address this user
@Maverick if I read the original post correctly she offered the $10 but kaptainmyke didn't receive any money because she was gone for a week. Regardless of the situation, I think it is the original seller's job to deliver on their end.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Kanaloa private msg quote post Address this user
Preacher TV show hasn't clicked like TWD. They got a second season but just barely. Numbers for Preacher have steadily droped after episode 1. There isn't any must have Preacher ouside of comic 1 and maybe previews. I see this show lasting three seasons. There will be short lived bumps but values have peaked on Preacher.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
So you agreed to the 10 dollar refund after you got what you thought was a good deal on some books only to renege and ask for more money?

Yes, I did. You know why? Because the original auction listing stated that all issues were in the lot. End of discussion. There should be no debate over it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanaloa
Preacher TV show hasn't clicked like TWD. They got a second season but just barely. Numbers for Preacher have steadily droped after episode 1. There isn't any must have Preacher ouside of comic 1 and maybe previews. I see this show lasting three seasons. There will be short lived bumps but values have peaked on Preacher.

Incorrect. Any TV show with over 1 million views for just it's pilot is a sensational hit. Each subsequent episode was pretty darn close to that I don't know where you got your figures from .

These issues are key to the canon:

1, 2,3,12,13,42, and 51.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Kanaloa private msg quote post Address this user
Numbers don't lie. Preacher is 1/5 TWD. Preacher isn't close
The Walking Dead Season 1, Episode 6 – 5,970,000 (Season 1 Finale)
Preacher Season 1, Episode 6 – 1,494,000

The Walking Dead Season 1, Episode 5 – 5,560,000
Preacher Season 1, Episode 5 – 1,425,000

The Walking Dead Season 1, Episode 4 – 4,750,000
Preacher Season 1, Episode 4 – 1,142,000

The Walking Dead Season 1, Episode 3 – 5,070,000
Preacher Season 1, Episode 3 – 1,750,000

The Walking Dead Season 1, Episode 2 – 4,710,000
Preacher Season 1, Episode 2 – 2,080,000

The Walking Dead Season 1, Episode 1 – 5,350,000 – Largest cable TV pilot in history
Preacher Season 1, Episode 1 – 2,400,000
Post 8 IP   flag post
6 million viewers I don't know what you're trying to do here or what you are trying to argue here with me about but I don't care ...you can say what you want. This isn't a walking dead thread. I only stated that amc struck lightning twice, not comparing the two.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick

Yes, I did. You know why? Because the original auction listing stated that all issues were in the lot. End of discussion. There should be no debate over it.

Im not looking for a debate everything I need to know is answered, Thx
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with kaptainmyke here. If you're putting up an item (or items in this case) up for auction then it should be clearly stated what is & isn't in the lot. Maybe it was an oversight on the sellers part, but what was agreed upon should've been delivered in full. How can this be considered a "renege" on his part if said items weren't included? Good for kaptainmyke! 👍🏼
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiebigfoot
I agree with kaptainmyke here. If you're putting up an item (or items in this case) up for auction then it should be clearly stated what is & isn't in the lot. Maybe it was an oversight on the sellers part, but what was agreed upon should've been delivered in full. How can this be considered a "renege" on his part if said items weren't included? Good for kaptainmyke! 👍🏼

Thank you. I appreciate that.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
He should get what he paid for. If he forgot to include some of the money in his payment, I bet she would want him to make it right.
As to my reading, he didn't renege. his post clearly says;
The seller said she'd send me $10 and I could buy another. I said no.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Yes, I had to go back and add those 2 extra sentences to my OP as I guess I didn't make that entirely clear at first. I was trying to condense the long story. I also hate to edit posts but I did add that in there a few minutes ago.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Yes, I had to go back and add those 2 extra sentences to my OP as I guess I didn't make that entirely clear at first. I was trying to condense the long story. I also hate to edit posts but I did add that in there a few minutes ago.

No worries, thanks for the clarification.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I get it, nobody likes anyone that goes back on their word. I am one of the last people to do so. I make it right if it's not.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke, Good job of staying on point to your original statements. I've been drawn into an extended debate on here. It's worthless and counterproductive. Salutations!!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke but, but, but, what if season 2 sucks?

(I've been digging season one, but I hope season 2 gets more crazy and doesn't fall in a boring routine.)
Post 18 IP   flag post
Hey, it happens. I was on board for Robert Rodriguez's From Dusk Till Dawn reboot tv show but season 2 SUCKS. I dropped out when I foresaw the directional shift in plot dynamics and theme writing took over. I'm the first true fanboy and poster child for RR and QT but damn man what was he thinking?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
I'm loving preacher. Even if some of the writing is juvenile and predictable.
I find holes in the continuity and it irritates me, but I love it anyway.

Therefore I predict that it will last only two seasons, because everything on tv that I like always gets canceled two seasons after I start watching it.

I'm actually surprised that The Last Ship got picked up for a second season.
The writing and direction are terrible! But I love it.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@The_Curmudgeon This is why I have stopped watching most new shows during season one, if they get cancelled I won't be let down. Speaking of new shows, I think Netflix has been hitting them out of the park with their original shows. I just binged on Stranger Things last week, can't wait for season 2.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@DarthLego Stranger Things was pretty cool. I'm pumped to see next season. I believe they said it would be a "sequel". I was kinda hoping for an Anthology style series, a more modern Twilight Zone or Tales from the Crypt.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@Maverick yeah, it will be a sequel with the same cast. They said seasons will be set a few years apart story wise because the kids are growing like weeds.
Post 23 IP   flag post
597868 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?