Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsQuestions

CBCS at comic cons8889

Collector CLT private msg quote post Address this user
I know CBCS does not do on-site grading, but do they reslab books at any comic cons they are attending? One book I had grade recently came back with a long scratch on front of the case. I do not want to pay for shipping there and back to reslab. If they can do it at the con, then I can take it with me this weekend to Gem City in Dayton.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
I do not believe so.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
There was a thread recently, I don't remember which or I would link it, but they discussed that if you needed to ship it back for an error on CBCS's part that they would refund the shipping to send it to them and ship it back for free.

Maybe @Darryl_H can answer?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I had a similar issue with a long scratch in a recent order, if you e-mail customer service (I heard back within a day) they told me I could re-submit the slab with my next order (and a copy of the e-mail) at the convention and it would come back fixed (free of charge) with my order submitted at the convention...
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
As far as I know you can talk to customer service to get your shipping waived back to you if you drop it off. There is a re slabbing fee I believe but I’m sure if it was there fault they would fix it for free. Think the re slab fee is only for damage you caused. But if I’m wrong I’m sure someone will correct me 🤗🤗
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
You can drop anything off at cons just like your dropping off at there main office as far as I know
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
I had a similar issue with a long scratch in a recent order, if you e-mail customer service (I heard back within a day) they told me I could re-submit the slab with my next order (and a copy of the e-mail) at the convention and it would come back fixed (free of charge) with my order submitted at the convention...

This was the point of the thread I was referencing. Customer service will tell you to just resubmit with your next order, but if you don't have anything to send in as far as new orders go, you can still just send in the damaged book. Apparently, there was confusion about that.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@CLT No they do not do any grading/slabbing/reslabbing at cons but if you get in contact with customer service and let them know you will be attending a convention where CBCS will be (this might be cutting it close) as well as the invoice number and the issue with the book (a photo of the damage wouldn’t hurt either), you may be able to drop the book off at the convention so they can take it back to the office and fix it and ship it back for free. They usually ask that you include the invoice and a copy of the email conversation so they know what’s going on with it.

The downside is that it can take a while for books from conventions to be added into the system and fixes for issues like this are usually done pretty quickly so while you might not have to worry about shipping the book yourself, you may end up waiting longer.

You do have the option of shipping the book back yourself. I usually use a USPS Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate box, which ships for about $14. Let CBCS know that you would like to ship the book back on its own and include a copy of the shipping receipt for reimbursement. Recently they’ve been doing it as store credit but you can ask to see if other arrangements can be made if that is what you’d like.

Shortly after the books are received at the CBCS office you will see a new invoice on your dashboard for a reholder so you can track the book’s progress. It usually takes about a week/week-and a half to get the books back in hand.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector CLT private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for all the info. I'll contact support and either drop it off this weekend or the next comic con.
Post 9 IP   flag post
597868 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?