Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

Mini Mail Call - My Fast Pass Experience8886

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Since my Bronze Membership was expiring at the beginning of April, I decided to use my 3 Fast Pass e-coupons before they expired. So I sent 5 Consumer/Expanded comics in for grading on March 26th (I paid for an additional 2 Fast Passes). CBCS received the books on March 28th, and they arrived in today's mail on April 23rd. Now that's fast!

Scans and comments on how I did with my pre-grades to follow.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
Wow that is fast 😱😱😱😱!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Two of the books were nothing special and had been in my collection for over 30 years. I thought they looked pretty good and guessed they might grade out at 8.5 to 9.0.

Post 3 IP   flag post

Post 4 IP   flag post
The other three books were purchased my me over the last six months. I purchased the ASM #18 at RI Comic Con. It was reportedly in VF condition according to the seller. Being at a convention, it was overpriced, but I talked the dealer down a bit and also traded a spare raw copy of an X-Men #9 (in about VG condition) to drop the price down even farther.

I thought the book would receive a 7.0 grade, and I would have only slightly overpaid for the book. Obviously I was wrong, and really paid way to much for it (but I still like it anyway).

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for your experience. I now plan to use the fast pass at east coast! Those are still some very sweet books. Be proud!
Post 6 IP   flag post
I won this X-Men comic in an ebay auction. It was listed as a "higher mid-grade" copy, but I thought it was about a 4.0 or 4.5 based on the pictures. Because the seller showed interior pictures, I knew it had fairly white pages. Somehow I won this auction and got this book at a really good price. Now if only the same would happen with a #4!

Post 7 IP   flag post
I also won this book from an ebay auction. Not even sure how I stumbled onto it, but it has a Frank Frazetta cover that I have always liked (okay, what Frazaetta cover don't I like). There wasn't a lot of time left to the auction when I came across it, but I threw in a last second bid and won it. When I received the book, I read it (great stories and art) and noticed a few small tears on two interior pages that weren't disclosed by the seller. I didn't complain, because I figured the book would probably grade out at a 3.0 due to general over-all wear and tear, so the interior defects wouldn't really hurt the grade. The interior tears are noted on the Grader's Notes, but I was very happy with the grade (and the low price I paid for this book).

So all in all, a great experience (hell, you win some and you lose some). I would highly recommend Fast Pass, and will probably do this again next year (but during Convention Season when the TATs were 20 to 24 weeks).

Post 8 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo don't know why that Spider-Man only came back a 6.0, it looks at least a6.5-7.0. Great books
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Nice books and great TAT 👍
Post 10 IP   flag post
600754 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?