Comics Modern AgePop Culture

That Major X #2 cover tho...8846

Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders I'm the hero we need not the hero you want
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
Lol 😂
Post 27 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector chirock private msg quote post Address this user
I thought this was fan art. Then, I googled. $4 for that... No wonder LCSs are dwindling.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
The only drawing I thought Liefeld drew well was a convention pencil sketch or commission of Supergirl in flight. Feet and all.
I guess that's where he peaked.
Post 30 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS - He can draw well when he wants to. I just don't think he gives a crap anymore. It looks like he just does whatever he feels like and who cares, people will still buy it because of his name and reputation.

Here's a couple of examples of what he can/has done (not my sketches, borrowed from the web).

Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
The only drawing I thought Liefeld drew well was a convention pencil sketch or commission of Supergirl in flight. Feet and all.

Did you have to pay a premium for feet to be included?
Post 32 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
The supergirl almost reminds me of turner (very nice!)......batman reminds me of the 90's...not a fan, Bat's arms are WAY to big for his body and he is also squatting on his cape so that he can't stand up!!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
That cover is atrocious. Does he not know the basic anatomy of a human? I believe humans have lips. I probably have a couple students who can draw better. Worst part he created one of my favorite characters: cable.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Liefeld is easy to make fun, but if you call out Kirby for the same lips or Kirby face the pitch forks come out.

Love or hate them, they were both innovators in their time. From a historical sense I can appreciate them, but these newer artists run laps around them.
Post 35 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Liefeld is easy to make fun, but if you call out Kirby for the same lips or Kirby face the pitch forks come out.

Love or hate them, they were both innovators in their time. From a historical sense I can appreciate them, but these newer artists run laps around them.

Liefeld was definitely inspired by Kirby and by Jim Lee. He took Kirby's mouth style and Lee's crosshatching and blew up the musculature to make his own hybrid style, sort of how he takes old characters and redesigns them to his new character
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS

Did you have to pay a premium for feet to be included?

Nnnoooo, no, no, no. Wasn't mine. Saw it online.
I don't want rumors started that I pay for Liefeld art
Post 37 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Is it me or I think it’s humanly impossible for wolverine to bend his arm at the elbow when he retracts those claws on cover #1? And looks like that new guy skipped a few legs days and went straight to chest and arms. Just saying.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Every time I start to forget about how much I loathe Rob Liefield's art he does something awful like this.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Is it me or I think it’s humanly impossible for wolverine to bend his arm at the elbow when he retracts those claws on cover #1? And looks like that new guy skipped a few legs days and went straight to chest and arms. Just saying.
major x abdominals appear to extend over his groin
Post 40 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@Wraith it appears that opens up room for another joke.
Post 41 IP   flag post
600678 41 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?