Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

eBay Seller cornfieldcomics-and-bricks8837

Collector Kav private msg quote post Address this user
cant you throw it away?
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Get rid of the book ASAP. Just looking at that thing would leave a horrible taste in my mouth.

Learn from my mistake. Ive got one restored book from a dishonest seller and it would be cheaper to burn it than ship it. Plus I dont believe in selling stuff. That damn book pisses me off to no end.

Batman 171 for those that are curious

I have a different perspective. The first and only time I got scammed as a buyer was a FF48 which turned out to be restored. I was totally obsessed with the staples which looked like they had been replaced that I missed the color touch. Still have that book as a reminder what to avoid.

The funny thing is though that even as a restored that book is now worth more than what I paid.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't that 1st scarecrow ?
Post 103 IP   flag post
Btw - since the seller can not defend himself for the next 7 days let’s be gentlemen - yeah?
Post 104 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Kav

I have OCD. If I acquire something, I cant let go. It took me months to get the will to even throw away the boxes that comics are shipped in. It was to the point where that one room was stuffed and a fire hazard.

The only thing I dont have issues tossing is food.
Post 105 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross

1st silver age riddler.
Graded 4.5 restored.

I bought an 8.5 to replace it
Post 106 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Get rid of the book ASAP. Just looking at that thing would leave a horrible taste in my mouth.

Learn from my mistake. Ive got one restored book from a dishonest seller and it would be cheaper to burn it than ship it. Plus I dont believe in selling stuff. That damn book pisses me off to no end.

Batman 171 for those that are curious

I have a different perspective. The first and only time I got scammed as a buyer was a FF48 which turned out to be restored. I was totally obsessed with the staples which looked like they had been replaced that I missed the color touch. Still have that book as a reminder what to avoid.

The funny thing is though that even as a restored that book is now worth more than what I paid.

That is a really good way to look at it.
Post 107 IP   flag post
Quote:
Btw - since the seller can not defend himself for the next 7 days let’s be gentlemen - yeah?

We shouldnt have to restrain our (valid) comments just because someone who acted dishonorably got the 7 day boot.
Post 108 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte 8.5 that's a nice grade for a silver DC
Post 109 IP   flag post
@southerncross

Thank you. Until I started visiting this forum, I never bought anything except silver. Something about silver books is more pure. I think it was more for art and story. Nowadays variants, special editions, limited counts kinda ruins it. Granted some art is phenomenal compared to silver.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Nothing beats Silver.
Post 111 IP   flag post
@Kav

I think I have a couple of "Gold"

Lol
Post 112 IP   flag post
-Booster Gold!
Post 113 IP   flag post
@Bronte yeah I love the silver books too. And also 40-50s crime and just by accident romance comics from 50s. The stories are corny but the letters of people with relationship problems and the comments back on the letters page are gold. I read them out to my wife and we laugh. Knowing the women supposedly responding to the letters was the male editor.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Myself i ponder if I would have time to come home everyday and jump into an ongoing flame war on.facebook Twitter. eBay. Cbcs cgc Pinterest Instagram exitgram twatter twiddle and fiddle as well as watching for.overhead smoke signals so I could constantly defend myself.

Over 100$ ....really?
Post 115 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfieldcomics
On the cgc board bseldon is getting blasted.

Um no

welcome back here as well @kav

I guess I dont quite have the hang of this place-the 'um no' was supposed to go outside the box of his quote!!

There, it's fixed.

FYI, the 'Preview' is invaluable for catching these kinds of typos. I use it every post.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
Quote:

Um no

I guess I dont quite have the hang of this place-the 'um no' was supposed to go outside the box of his quote!!

There, it's fixed.

FYI, the 'Preview' is invaluable for catching these kinds of typos. I use it every post.

Testing preview function-testing-
Post 117 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
Quote:

Um no

There, it's fixed.

Testing preview function-testing-

Hahaha ... I just added back the one missing slash-quote-in-brackets. That fixed the first box, and propagated to the others.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Collector Buzzetta private msg quote post Address this user

Post 119 IP   flag post
Well more visitors from the CGC chat now are you trying to offload any jewelry here?
Post 120 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@Bronte yeah I love the silver books too. And also 40-50s crime and just by accident romance comics from 50s. The stories are corny but the letters of people with relationship problems and the comments back on the letters page are gold. I read them out to my wife and we laugh. Knowing the women supposedly responding to the letters was the male editor.

Looking at my excel spreadsheet. Apparently I did make some exceptions to just silvers.
(I'm old and memory sucks.)

As for looking at the letters to the editors, that has to be a riot. I can imagine the societal stereotypes of the time must also be funny. But what are the chances the letters are written by the editors too?
Post 121 IP   flag post
600899 121 21
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.