Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

eBay Seller cornfieldcomics-and-bricks8837

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfieldcomics
Poka,
I measured the book, used black light, counted the pages. I check all higher dollar books. The buyer was given the opportunity to return the book and didn’t take it.
Check out my eBay feedback, no issues.

Neither of that will catch trimming
Post 76 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Ugh....dude!!! The book was trimmed period, end of story! You sold it as an untrimmed book....why are you trying defend that?
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Okay Mr. Cornfield. We’ve had about enough of your shenanigans. Would you kindly leave and take your bricks with you.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Hey, leave me outta this or...

Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
ibtl
Post 80 IP   flag post

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
ibtl

You’re claiming canal knowledge. 🃏
Post 81 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
This thread is priceless over on the CGC side. The first 11 or 12 pages are gold. There are few jabronis trying to derail it, but some folks are keeping it real over there.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
This thread is priceless over on the CGC side. The first 11 or 12 pages are gold. There are few jabronis trying to derail it, but some folks are keeping it real over there.

We don't have kav
Post 83 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Somehow he got upset over something moderation did to him, so he hasn't been back, but he has been keeping it on track over there. He had some good insights over here from time to time.
Post 84 IP   flag post
in case people did not see

Post 85 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm getting a headache. This is why I avoid buying and selling comics online anymore.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector BSeldin305 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

Thank you for sharing.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector Kav private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

We don't have kav

Post 88 IP   flag post
Quote:
You keep saying I look bad, but why didn’t you ask for a full refund? You didn’t see any trimming either or you would have spoke up when you got the book. Why haven’t you cracked the book and resubmitted to prove without a doubt I am wrong? Or send it to CBCS, since you want to post on their forum.
All you want to do is rant and cal names. If you wanted a resolution, you could sent the book back for a full refund, the. The problem is solved.

Your 'full refund' offer was debunked on other forum. When push came to shove, you wouldnt do it.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Quote:
On the cgc board bseldon is getting blasted.]
Um no
Post 90 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
Quote:
On the cgc board bseldon is getting blasted.
Um no

welcome back here as well @kav
Post 91 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
Quote:
On the cgc board bseldon is getting blasted.
Um no

welcome back here as well @kav

I guess I dont quite have the hang of this place-the 'um no' was supposed to go outside the box of his quote!!
Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I have that same issue with multiple quotes.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Cornpone must be Uber frustrated about now. He thought he could slipstream thru the truth and come out smelling like roses.
Nope.
Post 94 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I have no doubts I was one of the people Mr. Cornfield tried to report. I am just glad he is gone. How could any reputable business owner degrade themselves and their business by seeking out arguments on multiple forums? On top of everything else this guy has no class, or sense of professionalism.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Never understood the money grubber mentality. They never know the pleasure of doing the right thing, which is considerable. I have several times given full refund and told buyer to keep item, without even being asked. Just if the feedback says something like "Just ok".
Post 96 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
My question is, does all that bickering justify the loss of reputation and business?

Sometimes you "eat" it for your business benefit. Nothing worse than crappy reputation. For example someone bought a book from him and after reading the thread he was like, crap I hope he didn't shaft me. I'm never doing business with that fella. Not worth the risk....
Post 97 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
My question is, does all that bickering justify the loss of reputation and business?

Sometimes you "eat" it for your business benefit. Nothing worse than crappy reputation. For example someone bought a book from him and after reading the thread he was like, crap I hope he didn't shaft me. I'm never doing business with that fella. Not worth the risk....

So true. I never heard of this guy prior to this thread. There is no way in h#ll I'm buying from him ever....I bet I'm not alone in this sentiment either.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Collector BSeldin305 private msg quote post Address this user
I can't imagine he tried to report anyone on the CGC side. I'm sure the mods would love him accusing CGC of not grading the book correctly.

Is it time to bring this one in for a landing?

In case there was any doubt, I'm not sending the book back and hoping he does the right thing.

I think it's important that if you look at our conversations, I brought this situation to his attention immediately (I had not even gotten the book back from CGC yet) and asked "how do you want to handle?" He told me to have CGC regrade the book (presumably at my expense). No concern whatsoever. Then all the other incredible statements regarding "trimming".

After being told to pound sand, I then proposed a $100 compromise- understanding he may very well say:

"not $100, but how about $50" or

"I am very sorry to hear this has happened. I want all eBay purchasers to be satisfied and that's why I offer a no questions asked 30 day return policy. You are outside the 30 days, but I am willing to make an accommodation to take the book back and refund you your purchase price."

Now I would not have been thrilled with either of these outcomes; but I would have appreciated that the seller showed some remorse and offered something to mitigate the situation. While I would not buy from him again, I would not have gone nuts on 2 message boards. I felt it was necessary to put the community on notice as much as it can be done currently. Seems like we did that.

But hey, while I received a trimmed book - I did get a robust discussion on an eBay Seller's responsibilities vs a Buyer's expectations with some pretty knowledgeable, decent folk.

Thank you for that.
Post 99 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Get rid of the book ASAP. Just looking at that thing would leave a horrible taste in my mouth.

Learn from my mistake. Ive got one restored book from a dishonest seller and it would be cheaper to burn it than ship it. Plus I dont believe in selling stuff. That damn book pisses me off to no end.

Batman 171 for those that are curious
Post 100 IP   flag post
cant you throw it away?
Post 101 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Get rid of the book ASAP. Just looking at that thing would leave a horrible taste in my mouth.

Learn from my mistake. Ive got one restored book from a dishonest seller and it would be cheaper to burn it than ship it. Plus I dont believe in selling stuff. That damn book pisses me off to no end.

Batman 171 for those that are curious

I have a different perspective. The first and only time I got scammed as a buyer was a FF48 which turned out to be restored. I was totally obsessed with the staples which looked like they had been replaced that I missed the color touch. Still have that book as a reminder what to avoid.

The funny thing is though that even as a restored that book is now worth more than what I paid.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't that 1st scarecrow ?
Post 103 IP   flag post
Btw - since the seller can not defend himself for the next 7 days let’s be gentlemen - yeah?
Post 104 IP   flag post
@Kav

I have OCD. If I acquire something, I cant let go. It took me months to get the will to even throw away the boxes that comics are shipped in. It was to the point where that one room was stuffed and a fire hazard.

The only thing I dont have issues tossing is food.
Post 105 IP   flag post
601275 121 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.