Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

eBay Seller cornfieldcomics-and-bricks8837

Collector Cornfieldcomics private msg quote post Address this user
For all I know you trimmed the book. Keep getting mad.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfieldcomics
For all I know you trimmed the book. Keep getting mad.

Why would a buyer trim the book and then have it graded? Does not make any sense. You was also informed on the CGC board that the from the pre-sale book the trimmer part has not changed, so no chance buyer would have trimmed it.

Just keep coming and the fewer people will buy from you again.
Post 52 IP   flag post
On the cgc board bseldon is getting blasted. I didn’t misrepresent the books. It was measured and checked for restoration. Buyer also saw no problems with book and sent off to grading. So when did this trimming happen? Pics in cgc forum are poorly copied off eBay and they do show a difference.

I only posted to represent myself, because the buyer just want misrepresent the situation. This could have all been resolved if the buyer just asked for a full refund.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector BSeldin305 private msg quote post Address this user
How come you never offered a full refund? The thread is there! You said CGC was wrong.

You are clown suiting yourself.

PS you are the one getting blasted bub. Just like you are here.

The longer the thread, the easier it will be for all to find.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Last 3 posts all said they would be more likely to support you and believe you if didn’t rant and belittle people, with your insults.
As for the refund it was on the paypal claim, you didn’t take it, you wanted your shakedown partial refund. And if your so good, why didn’t you see all of these trimmed edges?
Post 55 IP   flag post

This is not about my non existent ability to detect trimmed edges. You listed a book as unrestored that turned out to be restored. When I brought this to your attention you did not offer any refund or apologize. You unequivocally stated CGC was wrong. I suggested a $100 refund as a fair compromise. You said no and made no effort to apologize or remedy the situation.

You should not make representations that are not true when selling things. You should sell your books “as is” since you, like me, can’t tell a restored book from an unrestored one.

People can read this thread and decide for themselves whether to do business with you or not.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Quote:
On the cgc board bseldon is getting blasted. I didn’t misrepresent the books. It was measured and checked for restoration. Buyer also saw no problems with book and sent off to grading. So when did this trimming happen? Pics in cgc forum are poorly copied off eBay and they do show a difference.

I only posted to represent myself, because the buyer just want misrepresent the situation. This could have all been resolved if the buyer just asked for a full refund.

pls don’t assume that we cannot read and people are not active on both CGC and CBCS’s forum. the only one blasted is you!
Post 57 IP   flag post
You were given the opportunity to get a full refund, you decided not to and PayPal denied your claim. Then you went to every forum to blast me, when you want free money and keep the book. You didn’t see any restoration. You won’t even entertain that cgc can be wrong. How can any seller want someone like you to buy from them.
I have flawless feedback, I do right by customers, you had the opportunity to get a refund. You chose to keep the book and whine.
Post 58 IP   flag post
You never offered a full refund liar. The pics of our conversation show you made no offer. You said CGC was wrong. What’s wrong with you?
Post 59 IP   flag post
Show a pic of your offer of a full refund.
Post 60 IP   flag post

Where is your offer to return the book? I don’t see it here?
Post 61 IP   flag post
More proof you are a liar.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Why don’t you upload the PayPal claim? You had the option for a full refund. I love how you cut and paste parts of the story to suit you. You just want rant, you had the choice. You choose to keep the book. Now, who is the liar?
Post 63 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 64 IP   flag post
You never made an offer for a full refund. Why do you keep saying you did?
Post 65 IP   flag post
you had the offer on PayPal, why do you deny it. You chose to purse a partial refund instead of sending the book back and getting all of your money back.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Cool story bro.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 68 IP   flag post
You even had the chance, when you opened the PayPal claim. You can pick I would like a full refund or a partial amount. You never once took any action to get a refund, just your shakedown partial refund.

You want to act like your some one who has been so wronged but all you want to do or rant. Why didn’t you take the full refund? Your getting lit up over on the CGC boards for it.
So keep denying it, you had your chance.
Post 69 IP   flag post
@Cornfieldcomics it has already been explained to by several people that if the buyer asked for a full refund he would be out of CGC grading fees and shipping cost. Especially given that you never offered to cover that. Hence why a partial refund was in order.

The key questions are - do you still believe that buyer trimmed the book or that CGC is wrong that the book is trimmed?
Post 70 IP   flag post
Here is what I believe, the book was not trimmed when I had it. My eBay pictures show the cover over the interior pages. Buyer gets book and deems it Unrestored as well and sends off. Book was out of my possession for 5 months. Buyer tells me it has been trimmed. I posted to him several forums from cgc board where they got trimming wrong. He opens PayPal claim. He could have gotten full refund right then. Buyer decides he wants to pursue 100 partial credit claim.
Any buyer who wants partial refund,to me is a shakedown. Why do I have to give someone free money because he had a book pressed and then graded. Those things are out of my control. Vs if he sent the book back, he gets his purchase money back and I can resell the book to recoup my fees lost.

Buyer chose to keep book and try get free money with a partial refund request.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Here is what I believe, the book was not trimmed when I had it. My eBay pictures show the cover over the interior pages. Buyer gets book and deems it Unrestored as well and sends off. Book was out of my possession for 5 months. Buyer tells me it has been trimmed. I posted to him several forums from cgc board where they got trimming wrong. He opens PayPal claim. He could have gotten full refund right then. Buyer decides he wants to pursue 100 partial credit claim.
Any buyer who wants partial refund,to me is a shakedown. Why do I have to give someone free money because he had a book pressed and then graded. Those things are out of my control. Vs if he sent the book back, he gets his purchase money back and I can resell the book to recoup my fees lost.

Buyer chose to keep book and try get free money with a partial refund request.

How do you know the book was not trimmed in your possession. You previously stated you are not a trained expert!

I am sure buyer can show the CGC receipts when he submitted the book to CCS and CGC, not that it changes much from your perspective.

The only thing you achieve is more people like myself now know that we would never buy from you.
Post 72 IP   flag post
I just offered another chance for the buyer to get a refund on the cgc message boards.
He needs to contact me through eBay messages boards.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Quote:
I just offered another chance for the buyer to get a refund on the cgc message boards.
He needs to contact me through eBay messages boards.
@BSeldin305 that is a fair offer if in full and subject to that you can still keep the $100 PayPal reimbursed you to cover for pressing, grading and shipping fees.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Poka,
I measured the book, used black light, counted the pages. I check all higher dollar books. The buyer was given the opportunity to return the book and didn’t take it.
Check out my eBay feedback, no issues.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Poka,
I measured the book, used black light, counted the pages. I check all higher dollar books. The buyer was given the opportunity to return the book and didn’t take it.
Check out my eBay feedback, no issues.

Neither of that will catch trimming
Post 76 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Ugh....dude!!! The book was trimmed period, end of story! You sold it as an untrimmed book....why are you trying defend that?
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Okay Mr. Cornfield. We’ve had about enough of your shenanigans. Would you kindly leave and take your bricks with you.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Hey, leave me outta this or...

Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
ibtl
Post 80 IP   flag post
600892 121 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.