Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

eBay Seller cornfieldcomics-and-bricks8837

Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Ha! I have the list saved on my phone. I can copy it in anytime. I can also add any info anyone wants for any particular dealer.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector BSeldin305 private msg quote post Address this user
UPDATE

Paypal denied my request for a $100 refund. 

"We have received a response from the merchant and we've also reviewed all the details of your case. Based on the merchant’s response and the information we have to date, we have to deny your case. This decision was made because we have found no evidence that the item was misrepresented."

I have appealed.   

CAVEAT EMPTOR!
Post 27 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe you can ask CBCS to write a letter
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSeldin305
UPDATE

Paypal denied my request for a $100 refund. 

"We have received a response from the merchant and we've also reviewed all the details of your case. Based on the merchant’s response and the information we have to date, we have to deny your case. This decision was made because we have found no evidence that the item was misrepresented."

I have appealed.   

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

If you paid with credit card just do a charge back claim which is why if you pay for high value items or sellers you are not comfortable with you pay PayPal with credit card instead of using PayPal balance.

In that case you have the options of both eBay, PayPal and credit card issuer if something goes wrong.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Keep appealing until they give you your money back. I went through the same thing with my “bad EBay” seller experience. I had to call those fools and sending them pictures for over two weeks straight to get them tired of hearing from me, and issue my refund. My refund was for a lot more than $100 dollars but I tell you this. PayPal doesn’t want to give a single refund if they don’t have to, so they are going to deny you and hope you go away. Keep hammering away at them until they give you the refund you deserve. The sad part is after you get your refund, I don’t think they hold the seller responsible at all. I think the refund comes straight from PayPal, hence their reluctant to give it in the first place.
Post 30 IP   flag post

"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
PayPal gives you up to 180 days to appeal. Send pictures, testimony, grades and so so. He mentioned that he "was not an expert", then why listed the book as "unrestored" at all? If you are not an expert, then you have no way of knowing this stuff right? It doesn't matter if he listed on there, if its not the way he describe it, then the book is not matching listing. Don't crack the book out, leave the way it is and be persistent with PayPal. Ask for a full refund, don't do partial. Good luck.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

If you paid with credit card just do a charge back claim which is why if you pay for high value items or sellers you are not comfortable with you pay PayPal with credit card instead of using PayPal balance.

In that case you have the options of both eBay, PayPal and credit card issuer if something goes wrong.

This is the best advice in this entire thread.

I’d also add unless the seller offers no hassle returns and you are very experienced in detecting restoration/conservation, don’t pay more than $100 for ungraded books, especially if restoration/conservation is a deal breaker and you’ll be sending them in for grading.

Just too much risk and, personally, I need to know definitively what I am buying.

I know everyone wants a deal but, especially when it comes to eBay, at least 90% of what you see raw is over graded or misrepresented....so more likely than not by a wide margin you are not getting what you think you are getting.

And if you do buy raw and expect it to be as advertised, I’d say buy from those you’ve bought before and know and trust personally or people here that can vouch for that seller. That list is likely very small.

Sorry this reads like a PSA, but these situations come up way too often here and these situations are preventable with some good buying practices.

Remember, 90% or more eBay sellers have no clue how to grade like cbcs or cgc. Even higher percentage are clueless how to detect if a book was modified.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Thank you for everyone's advice and counsel!

I paid for this through Paypal credit- so I will stay on them., FWIW I called to follow up my appeal and the lady I spoke to on the phone was very understanding of the issue and confused herself as to the decision. So we will see how it plays out.

Bottom line here is CAVEAT EMPTOR

I have gotten many great deals on eBay, but there are lots of scumbags out there.

As the saying goes, "If you haven't been falling, you haven't been riding."

Be careful out there!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
Keep appealing until they give you your money back. I went through the same thing with my “bad EBay” seller experience. I had to call those fools and sending them pictures for over two weeks straight to get them tired of hearing from me, and issue my refund. My refund was for a lot more than $100 dollars but I tell you this. PayPal doesn’t want to give a single refund if they don’t have to, so they are going to deny you and hope you go away. Keep hammering away at them until they give you the refund you deserve. The sad part is after you get your refund, I don’t think they hold the seller responsible at all. I think the refund comes straight from PayPal, hence their reluctant to give it in the first place.

UPDATE 2

Received word from Paypal today that my appeal was DENIED. I called, again the representative agreed with me, but this time offered the $100 back to my Paypal account to resolve.

I think the quoted gentleman said it better than I could.

Again, thanks to all for your comments.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Apparently this vendor will have a booth at Heroes Con this year.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector pokecollectoramy private msg quote post Address this user
Damn, I picked up an "unrestored" fantastic four 6 from him that's currently getting graded. Now I'm terrified
Post 36 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Wow my blocked bidders list is growing exponentially. Thanks!
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
one thing not being said here that goes with buying raw books...everyone out there grades differently to some degree and grading itself is not a perfect science.

While many people grade similarly and will often arrive within a half tic of the next guys grade, some grade much more conservatively while others tend to hammer a book when grading I find it key to watch and learn how someone grades and once you understand their definitions of fine, good and mint, buying books repeatedly becomes a simple case of knowing what to expect ….I find myself somewhat taken aback at how harshly MCS grades when buying books, but on the flip side, when buying from them I tend to find their grades are to my advantage ……..often by as much as a full grade point and half....

This has nothing to offer regarding a book that is clearly restored or where the seller is clearly ignorant as in the case above...but does cause many issues on places like ebay because many buy using firm and strict standards bute are more lax grading what they have or sell.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
Apparently this vendor will have a booth at Heroes Con this year.

Please tell him he's an asshole. "Pics prove it."
Post 39 IP   flag post
Cornfield Comics and Bricks is trying to defend himself on the CGC board if you are interested:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/450187-ebay-seller-cornfieldcomics-and-bricks-beware/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-10725111
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector pokecollectoramy private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, mine just came back blue label so I'm going to bow out from this but I can't be a repeat buyer because there is just too many issues here
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Cornfieldcomics private msg quote post Address this user
I measured the book, used black light to check for color touch and checked the page quality for married pages. I can not control if cgc gets it wrong on trimming. There are several threads stating this as an issue. If the book had come backed color touched or married, I would fully refunded buyer.
I don’t do partial refunds due to many buyers taking advantage of sellers. Buyer should have asked for a full refund from PayPal, but after reviewing my original pictures showing the book over hangs the interior pages and the book has tattered edges, where as a trimmed book would be straight all of the way across.

As you can see from my feedback and pokecollectoramy book, I dot sell restored books.
Post 42 IP   flag post
So your explanation is the CGC got it wrong? ON TWO SIDES? But you know better?

You keep making yourself look bad with your responses.

I got the $100 back from Paypal.

Every response on this board and the CGC board are telling you to handle your business better.

All I can do for the community is put them on notice to your loathsome business practices.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Why I am looking bad? You asked for a shake down partial refund. You should have asked for a full refund and you would have gotten it. You didn’t even consider that cgc is wrong. I provided articles showing the amount of times they have been wrong. My feedback shows, I am honest seller. I understand your mad about the situation, you want to vent and get some resolution. You looked at the book when received it and saw no trimming, why didn’t you resubmit to cgc?
Post 44 IP   flag post
This was no "shakedown" bub. This was a legit claim that you sold a RESTORED book that you listed as UNRESTORED. CGC FOUND 2 PAGES TRIMMED! Are claiming CGC made a mistake or I am running a scam? Neither is accurate and you just keep looking worse. Wan't proof - this guy is won't do business with you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokecollectoramy
Hey, mine just came back blue label so I'm going to bow out from this but I can't be a repeat buyer because there is just too many issues here

You had no business listing the book as UNRESTORED since you clearly can't tell. It is FRAUD at worst (if you knew the pages were trimmed) or Negligent Misrepresentation (You had no idea) at best.

So yes, as a dishonest seller who sells comics listed as UNRESTORED that are in fact RESTORED you look bad. Read the comments on both boards.
Post 45 IP   flag post
You keep saying I look bad, but why didn’t you ask for a full refund? You didn’t see any trimming either or you would have spoke up when you got the book. Why haven’t you cracked the book and resubmitted to prove without a doubt I am wrong? Or send it to CBCS, since you want to post on their forum.
All you want to do is rant and cal names. If you wanted a resolution, you could sent the book back for a full refund, the. The problem is solved.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Also you said you got the book pressed. Who pressed the book?
Post 47 IP   flag post
Mr. Cornfield please don’t come to this forum to argue with these fine folks. Thank you.
Post 48 IP   flag post
The book was sent to CGC. They have CCS press the book.

The reason I have not cracked the book is that I do not want to throw more good money after bad. If I crack the book and it comes back as trimmed AGAIN (of which I have little doubt)then I am out another $50+.

So again, you listed a book as UNRESTORED and this was so FREAKING important you put it in the TITLE of the listing. This was a LIE. You are a LIAR.
Post 49 IP   flag post
IBTL
Post 50 IP   flag post
For all I know you trimmed the book. Keep getting mad.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfieldcomics
For all I know you trimmed the book. Keep getting mad.

Why would a buyer trim the book and then have it graded? Does not make any sense. You was also informed on the CGC board that the from the pre-sale book the trimmer part has not changed, so no chance buyer would have trimmed it.

Just keep coming and the fewer people will buy from you again.
Post 52 IP   flag post
On the cgc board bseldon is getting blasted. I didn’t misrepresent the books. It was measured and checked for restoration. Buyer also saw no problems with book and sent off to grading. So when did this trimming happen? Pics in cgc forum are poorly copied off eBay and they do show a difference.

I only posted to represent myself, because the buyer just want misrepresent the situation. This could have all been resolved if the buyer just asked for a full refund.
Post 53 IP   flag post
How come you never offered a full refund? The thread is there! You said CGC was wrong.

You are clown suiting yourself.

PS you are the one getting blasted bub. Just like you are here.

The longer the thread, the easier it will be for all to find.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Last 3 posts all said they would be more likely to support you and believe you if didn’t rant and belittle people, with your insults.
As for the refund it was on the paypal claim, you didn’t take it, you wanted your shakedown partial refund. And if your so good, why didn’t you see all of these trimmed edges?
Post 55 IP   flag post
601347 121 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.