Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSP

Interesting signature service and TAT updates from CBCS8814

Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
I noticed an interesting service that I haven't seen CBCS promote and an update on TAT's that I also haven't seen much mentioned.

If this has been promoted/mentioned here and I just missed it, my apologies.

First is TAT. CBCS has promoted on their FB page and here that the modern tier is now at 8 weeks. But looking at TAT on the website I noticed that both Expanded and Consumer are now listed at 8-10 weeks TAT. This is as fast as CGC's Economy tier and faster than CGC's Value tier. I just hope this is accurate. Worse than being slower than the competition at this point in time would be to say you were as fast or faster - and not have it be accurate.

https://www.cbcscomics.com/pricing

Then I noticed what potentially could be a really helpful signature service on the Beckett website a couple of days ago.

Since Feb 15, 2018 all signature verification (the VSP program) has been done by Beckett Authentication Services (BAS) Well, BAS has a really neat service that for $10 a signature expert will look at pictures or a web link (eBay) and offer a quick opinion on if they believe it is likely the signature would pass authentication. It's not guaranteed, but it is an expert opinion.

The Beckett Authentication Signature Review Service is clearly aimed at sports memorabilia. But it doesn't say it's only for that and BAS is who is authenticating signatures for CBCS. So I see no reason why this can't be used for comic books. Just think of all the phony Stan Lee and Jack Kirby books that have flooded onto eBay of late. This service needs to be promoted. Ten bucks is a reasonable price.

https://www.beckett-authentication.com/news/details/14365-beckett-authentication-launches-new-signature-review-service

Again, if this has been posted up before, my bad...
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
The authentication service looks interesting. I have a script for Harry Potter with all cast signatures. If I could get 2 or 3 random signatures semi verified to see if it's worth verifying the entire script could save a bunch of time and possibly money.
Post 2 IP   flag post
598060 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?