Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPComics Golden AgeSignatures

Bill Finger CBCS Verified Sig8792

Collector ftwjedi private msg quote post Address this user

Purchased this recently and was wondering if there are other Bill Finger verified sigs out there...
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Shocked that they can do this. He died in 1974 and wasn't getting credit for his work...How many sigs can they have as reference?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Wooooooow, that's awesome, can I ask what you paid for it
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
HUGE!!!!!!!!!!and totally AWESOME!!!!

Congrats!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
Wooooooow, that's awesome, can I ask what you paid for it

$450 shipped.
It was a consignment book and there was no further info when I asked.
I'd love to know the backstory behind the sigs and verification process
Post 5 IP   flag post
I also contacted cbcs because the names of the verified sigs weren't on the online grading notes.
Confirmed by cbcs that the two sigs in the book are Martin Nodell and Bill Finger, both verified.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Double wow, great price. If you want to sell it, I would definitely be interested
Post 7 IP   flag post
We need to petition CBCS to have the signatures inside the book to be pictured on the back of the label
Post 8 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
We need to petition CBCS to have the signatures inside the book to be pictured on the back of the label

Need an option for pics of sigs - $5 for cover and $XXX for whole book - what if just want signature page(s)?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:

I am tempted to open it, take good pictures and resubmit to cbcs
Post 10 IP   flag post
@ftwjedi check with CBCS if they would unslab it, send you a picture of the signatures and have them re slab it, it would be a shame if you cracked open the slab, took your picture and they don't verify the signatures after
Post 11 IP   flag post
@KatKomics I agree, there is another grading company that does that upon request, just saying
Post 12 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftwjedi
Quote:

I am tempted to open it, take good pictures and resubmit to cbcs

Yes, I agree with Batman66 ... send it in for reslabbing and pictures of the inside. That way it will keep the verified signature without having to pay for the process again.

It's REALLY expensive to have them photograph the whole book, but perhaps one page is something they would do? I'd call them and ask. Good luck!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Yes. This would be awesome.
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftwjedi
I also contacted cbcs because the names of the verified sigs weren't on the online grading notes.
Confirmed by cbcs that the two sigs in the book are Martin Nodell and Bill Finger, both verified.
Unfortunately there is currently an issue with CBCS’ where recently Graded books (about mid-January onward from what I can tell) don’t have signatures listed on the Grader’s Notes regardless of whether they’re witnessed or verified.

CBCS is aware of the issue but we’ve been waiting a couple of months now for a fix
Post 15 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Good thing there is tape from top to bottom on spine to protect it from harms way and the evils of the 7 realms
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@ftwjedi check with CBCS if they would unslab it, send you a picture of the signatures and have them re slab it, it would be a shame if you cracked open the slab, took your picture and they don't verify the signatures after
Once a signature is verified it doesn't need to be verified again if the book is cracked out. It's essentially the same process as cracking a yellow label, it has to be done by a CBCS staff member or facilitator though in order to maintain the chain of custody.
Post 17 IP   flag post
597914 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?