Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Copper Age

My Experience with a 2-Day Turn Around Submission8766

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I have been a CBCS Bronze Member for a few years, and tend to forget about the e-coupons that come with the $100 Membership fee. Well this year I decided to actually use them. Since my membership was about to expire on my birthday (April Fool's Day, how appropriate is that?), I went through a bunch of books trying to find some worthy of submission. I picked out 4 SA and an Atomic Age book that I submitted using the Fast-Pass option, and those were received by CBCS on 3/28. They are showing Received on my Dashboard, and I will let you know how that goes in a few weeks or so.
But regarding this post, I also submitted 4 BA and a Copper Age book using the 2-Day option. That package was received on 3/29 and went from Received to Grading to Shipping to Shipped in less than a week. In fact, I just received the FedEx package this morning (although when first shipped FedEx listed yesterday for delivery, then changed it to Monday, but delivered it today).
By using the two 2-Day e-coupons and also the $10 off coupon that CBCS offered (ended 3/31), I was able to get all 5 books graded and shipped back to me for $128. Not a bad deal at all. If you are tired of waiting for your books to return from grading, I highly recommend trying out the 2-Day option, especially if you have some e-coupons just wasting away.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
So here's the comics. For the most part, I tried to pick out books that were 9.6 to 9.8 candidates. Except for the Swamp Thing, I purchased the other four comics when they came out. The grades were even better than I had hoped.

Post 2 IP   flag post
This issue has an amazing black cover. My only complaint is that there are a few scuffs on the slab.

Post 3 IP   flag post
This is the only comic that I didn't buy new. When I was away at college, I missed out on many of the Bronze Age keys and semi-keys. I purchased it from an eBay dealer in Canada last year. I tend to under-grade comics, and rarely think a book is a 9.8. I thought this one had a shot at a 9.6, so I am ecstatic it got a 9.8. As I have said many times, that's why we pay the professionals. I also feel that this book, the start of Alan Moore's run on Swamp Thing, is very undervalued at this time.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Nice books dude! I just got back that MK 29 at 9.4 a few weeks back. I still have to post my books...

the e-coupons are definitely worth it to get a membership.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I had two copies of this issue. I sent in the Direct Edition a while back and that one received a 9.8 with White Pages. Both issues were stored in the same box, right next to each other all these years, so it makes you wonder - why does one have white pages and the other has OW/W?

Post 6 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Nice books. Love the Moon Knight. And as for this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I also feel that this book, the start of Alan Moore's run on Swamp Thing, is very undervalued at this time.

I agree 100%.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Last one. I saw that this issue has increased in value lately, so I thought why not submit it?

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I had two copies of this issue. I sent in the Direct Edition a while back and that one received a 9.8 with White Pages. Both issues were stored in the same box, right next to each other all these years, so it makes you wonder - why does one have white pages and the other has OW/W?

I have a theory on this. It probably has to do with the two different channels of distribution. The newsstand copies may have been warehoused longer, or spent more time on a news vendor’s truck and not in a temperature controlled environment. Direct sales copies generally hit the shelves several weeks before their newsstand counterparts, leaving those copies potentially exposed to the elements for a longer period of time.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Ed, those are really nice. I think the ASM Annual #16 has a lot of room to grow. It was good to see Monica as a kid in the Captain Marvel movie. I hope she has a good role in End Game.
Post 10 IP   flag post
598059 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?