Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper Age

Web of Spider-Man 1 printing error?8764

SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
The cover is normal but some pages are missing most of the black ink and it’s streaked. Definitely affects story. Is anyone familiar with it?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I'll have to find mine and check it out.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
That is definitely a printing error - just checked and neither of my copies are like that!

Must have run out of the ink on that part of the machine - usually have alarms though.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Checked mine - no error and I was also reminded how poor of condition it is in.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Oooof .. nope mine is fine ..

Probably someone out there will pay top dollar for yours, but I personally like to be able to read my books .
Post 6 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks all!
I have a regular copy as well. I picked this one up as a possible upgrade. After pulling it out of the sleeve it is definitely not an upgrade.
Bad news is the book has been wet, mostly the backside, and is therefore wavy with back cover issues. I’m going to have it pressed to make it its best, not slabbed. With this particular error, one cannot see it if it were slabbed.
It’ll probably be 6-7.0 after press, assuming the missing print is not factored. front cover looks great, just don’t look at the back lol.
Post 7 IP   flag post
597876 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?