Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I need a fresh set of eyeballs to take a look at this. Here is the Overstreet listing for Star Wars. Am I missing it or is there a listing for reprints WITH A BAR CODE???

Here are 1-3 reprints with bar codes.

Here are all three #5's I have. The one on the right is the first print. The 2 on the left are reprints but, one has a bar code. There are also different color variations as well.

Two more views...

Post 1 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
This shows images of the 30 cent reprints with a upc code:

https://comicbookrealm.com/series/2036/0/marvel-comics-star-wars-vol-1

I don't see anything about that #5 yellow label.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I don't see anything about that #5 yellow label.

There's a yellow British pence cover but, obviously, that's not it.

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
The ones with blank upc symbols I believe were sold in multi-packs. I forget where I rwas as that...it was just the other day too.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
The ones with blank upc symbols I believe were sold in multi-packs. I forget where I rwas as that...it was just the other day too.

He's right, Star Wars (Marvel) Whitman 3-Pack Diamond Variants #5 WHITMAN 1977, I found it on ebay. Looks like you won't become wealthier from this.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Here's a 4th US version
Diamond Edition (Cover Reprint)

Post 6 IP   flag post
Bottom line here is Overstreet needs to revise their Price Guide. There is more research that needs to be done and a more thorough description that needs to be put in the guide. Newsstand Edition (Regular), Newsstand Edition (Reprints), Newsstand Edition (Price Variant), Diamond Edition (Regular), Diamond Edition (Cover Reprint), Diamond Edition (Indicia Reprint) and Cover Price with UPC barcode variants. Who knows what else?
Post 7 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Still in the bags.

OO

OO

mm
Post 8 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
The more shocking thing is....the reprints are worth $70!!!!
Reallly?????
Post 9 IP   flag post
609032 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?