Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
walter thomas aka conditionfreak posted this on his fb.

if you wish to reach out before it is too late now may be the time

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the post Poka.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
This is very sad news. I had no idea. 😢
Post 3 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I dont have Facebook but if by chance he still reads the forum, I enjoyed reading his opinions and respected his service to people in his police duties.

May the last few days be peaceful and your legacy be long lasting.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
😞
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
Very sad. No words, my heart goes out to him.
Post 6 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@CaptainCanuck Many of us may come to this place or another place to escape the harsh reality for the split second. He didn't want to disclose his situation to many of us because it wasn't our place to know. For whatever it's worth, he was just another comic-lover just like all of us on here.

Whatever the outcome is, Godspeed.

@poka I only know of him through here, but thank you for sharing that.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Well, that’s tough. It’s on his terms, at least on some level. Take some comfort in that.

I always enjoyed hearing of his experiences on the cleveland PD and introspective on just about any topic discussed here. You can tell he’s a deep individual.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
God speed brother in blue. Thx for sharing.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
I have been fortunate to have had pleasurable interactions with the good "freak", this is such guy wrenching news. I have no further words of value.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, I knew of Walt’s condition, but didn’t think it would end like this, this quickly. I had several interactions with him thanks to these forums, and have missed his contributions. May he finally get the peace and rest he desires. Really don’t know what to say.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
I wish I knew him more than casual banter on the CBCS forums, seems like an incredible guy.
Post 12 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
😞
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
That's a tough choice. Feel for him and family.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Krazywan private msg quote post Address this user
This saddens me, I always enjoyed chating with him on here, for the few times that we did. I wish him and his family the best
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
impressive strength and character...I'll take that post with me for life. God speed brother!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
My heart sank when I read this. My prayers and thoughts, as I’m sure all of my fellow members here would also send, go out to his family and friends.

I never had the pleasure to meet Walter, but like others here I always enjoyed his posts and they always guaranteed to put a smile on my face. His insight, humor and witty banter with us was always a pleasure to see. I’m truly going to miss reading his posts.

May you forever be at peace. Godspeed brother.😔
Post 17 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, very sad news. I can't imagine how it must be to be in that position and to make a decision like that. My heart goes out to him and his wife. May they both have peace in the days ahead
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector ThreeSeas private msg quote post Address this user
This is sad news.

I remember reading his posts on the various forums and I went to look for them to re-read and I see....nothing. Looks like he was banned from here and also elsewhere.

I feel a bit of sadness every time one of our fellow comic enthusiasts moves on to their next journey. I, too, had never met Walter and never knew his real name until this morning.

As was said before...Godspeed
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Peace and light to you.

May Buddha, Jesus, Vishnu, Odin, The Supreme Being, the One.....take you in love and kindness!

Say hello to my wife Kim for me.....*smiles politely*....

Good luck sir....we deserve to all go out in the highest dignity you express!

*folds hands and bows*

Be safe.
Tim
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector tim private msg quote post Address this user
So very sorry to hear this. Prayers that you find comfort and also your wife in dealing with this.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Impressive note. I salute you.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Walter for your service and protecting your fellow US citizens and community members. Coming to terms with the situation is the strongest thing you have done. May you find peace and comfort in this most trying time and the great creator welcome you with the warmth of love.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for sharing this.

I enjoyed Walter's contributions to this forum and was very happy with the books I purchased from him.

I wish him and his family the best.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Man, I have missed him on here. This is truly tragic, but I can certainly understand. I’ll try and connect with him before it’s too late.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
*to be cheerful*

...and I actually thought Jim Parsons was frequenting the forum!!

:o)
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Man, I have missed him on here.

Absolutely. A few referred to him as the “Dad” or “Wisdom” of the forum, before the admins sent his account packing.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
So sad and also so brave. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family conditionfreak
Post 28 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
If anyone really wants to send their good wishes to conditionfreak, go to facebook, search for his name and post it there. He won't see anything here for the reason @shrewbeer posted above.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
See you in the next plane!
Post 30 IP   flag post
601537 74 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?