Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsSignatures

CBCS at "Old School" Comic Show, NH8719

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS will have a booth at the "Old School" Comic Show, April 27th, in Concord, NH. Steve Borock will be there. Here is the guest list and site from LittleGiantComics. This is from that site:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGC article
Do you remember the old school comic shows from back in the day? The ones in the basement of the hotel, with old wooden tables and stacks of old comic books as far as the eye could see? I do, and I have yet to find that kind of show anywhere so, I created one! This is a COMIC SHOW, like I remember them to have been, this is what we wanted to recreate, this is what we built, this is what we love! COMICS, ORIGINAL ART & ARTISTS

So, We packed a 20,000 sq.ft. ARENA with COMICS, ART & ARTISTS! There are over 100 GIANT BOOTHS jammed with the best COMIC BOOKS & ORIGINAL ART vendors from around the country bringing a TON of ORIGINAL ART, GOLDEN AGE, SILVER AGE, BRONZE AGE TO MODERN & VINTAGE TOYS TOO!

PLUS...THE GUEST LIST WILL BLOW YOU AWAY!! TRUE OLD SCHOOL LEGENDS AND SOME AMAZING LOCAL TALENT HAS BEEN ASSEMBLED TOGETHER UNDER ONE ROOF!! A great buy for only $10 at the door... and kids 12 and under are free!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector JMR private msg quote post Address this user
The show was okay last year. One bad point was a particular dealer who had a box of Golden Age comics. He said “good luck... all the dealers picked through each other’s boxes before they let customers in.” (This was a few hours after the doors had opened).

Anyway, after poking around, I found a low grade comic I wanted to buy marked $40. He said, “oh that one is beat to hell” and went on about the lousy condition for a few seconds.

I asked if he’d take $30 and he said sure, just let me check something. He proceeded to go on eBay, where he found a much higher grade copy of the same book for $1,000.

He all but ripped the book out of my hand. He said, “I haven’t looked in that box for awhile. It never should’ve been priced that low.” He refused to sell me the book.

A few minutes later he put it out on his rack of featured items for $150.

I wish I’d gotten the guy’s name, because it sort of made it a crappy show for me, but otherwise I found the vendors cheerful and friendly. Some books were wildly overpriced, but there were some bargains for sure.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Mike Royer will be there.
I won't.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@JMR I've found most books overpriced at shows. Sometimes I find a gem though which makes it worthwhile.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Shouldn’t Steve be wearing gloves while he handles that high grade Action Comics #1???!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Last year there was an exclusive comic, Hunt for Wolverine #1 variant that was a shattered comics homage to Hulk 181 if I recall.

Wonder if Little Giant Comics will have another exclusive.

I’d like to go, but I was just up there for a Hockey tournament this weekend...heading back up in a few weeks too...so don’t really feel like going up 3 times in one month!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Shouldn’t Steve be wearing gloves while he handles that high grade Action Comics #1???!!!

At least he's not spinning it on a table
Post 7 IP   flag post
601333 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?