Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

CBCS Imaging Option Question8709

Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
I am hoping that someone can help me clear up a question about the CBCS Imaging Option. For the last couple of years I was under the impression that if you selected the imaging option CBCS would scan your book, provide you a copy and post the image with the graders notes. I wanted to get some high res scans of my submissions but couldn't currently drop the cash to pick up the required scanner. I thought that this would be a good option. After choosing the imaging option for my last three orders and never receiving a copy of the scans, I reached out to CBCS. I was told that the scans are too large to send and that the imaging option is to only provide a picture of your book with the grader notes.

Have I simply been merely mistaken that a copy of the scans used to be provided? If so, what is the benefit of paying an extra $5 (per book) for images so my books can be posted on someone else's site?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
I have always been under the impression, that the image would just accompany the grading notes and that is the image you can view and use.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ok, Thank you Darryl, I appreciate it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@mattness - There is also a scanning option for $300 where they will image the entire comic.

Sometimes CBCS will select a comic to be a Featured Comic and scan the front of the slab for free. That’s happened to me twice. I am a little disappointed that no comics from my last order were selected for that honor, since one of them (a Superman from 1965) is tied for the highest graded (per the CGC Census) and it also received the Exceptional White page quality designation.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
If I subbed comics I'd definitely want images of the slab in case "before and after [shipping]" images are needed.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@mattness I would recommend checking out your local library and see if they have a scanner/copier that you can use.

I was in a similar boat where I was looking for options to scan my books but couldn’t afford to buy a scanner for myself. I found my local library system has office-sized scanner/copier/printers that can easily fit a slab and scan up to 600dpi. I just had to pay $1 for a print/copy card and all my scans are free.

Every library system is different but I’d say it’s worth checking out
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@mattness I would recommend checking out your local library and see if they have a scanner/copier that you can use.

I was in a similar boat where I was looking for options to scan my books but couldn’t afford to buy a scanner for myself. I found my local library system has office-sized scanner/copier/printers that can easily fit a slab and scan up to 600dpi. I just had to pay $1 for a print/copy card and all my scans are free.

Every library system is different but I’d say it’s worth checking out

And make sure no one follows you out.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@esaravo I forgot about the $300 option. I wonder if you get individual scans with that and I just confused them.

@MR_SigS This is a good point. Ironically, the high res scans don’t show the curly white hairs that keep showing up in my recent slabs.

@dielinfinite This is a great idea, I’ll check it out.

Thanks everyone. 🍻
Post 8 IP   flag post
597965 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?