Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Does Batman Kill?8708

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Does Batman Kill and does Batman use guns? It's a question that has found its way once again to the forefront of the hobby with the emergence of Snyder's Grim Knight and the other Snyder's defense of his DCEU Snyder-verse Batman. I wanted to take a trip through history and look at the times when Batman has picked up a gun, when the rule itself began and what does the gun itself mean to a man whose parents were gunned down in an alley?

It's a video I have been working on for a few months so I hope you're able to take a few minutes to watch/listen and that you enjoy it!

All that aside, I would like to hear your take on this conversation and I'm looking forward to your posts!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
This should answer your question. Check this out...

clickable text

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think zack snyder understands batman, nor superman, nor DC in general....good riddance!! Scott Snyder, however, does understand batman.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
Love Scott Snyder!!! Not sure what this post is really about? Is this some kind of bashing on Snyder’s wrighting or some kind of political Mumbo jumbo about how guns are bad in comics??? Just questions trying to better understand your motivation for this post??? Either way Batman is cool as hell with an AR-15 strapped to his back LOl 😂. I’m also pretty sure there are tons of issues where he has taken a life? Good video bro 👍. Very detailed
Post 4 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
He took life in Cosmic Odyssey
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector CEPubDude private msg quote post Address this user
Read The Cult... He kills plenty of baddies in that series.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEPubDude

Wrightson and Starlin, what's not to like?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgincollector
Love Scott Snyder!!! Not sure what this post is really about? Is this some kind of bashing on Snyder’s wrighting or some kind of political Mumbo jumbo about how guns are bad in comics??? Just questions trying to better understand your motivation for this post??? Either way Batman is cool as hell with an AR-15 strapped to his back LOl 😂. I’m also pretty sure there are tons of issues where he has taken a life? Good video bro 👍. Very detailed

No bashing, just a continuation of a conversation that has been ongoing in the community, inspired by current events. I mentioned both Zack and Scott Snyder not to bash but because their works and words are relevant to the discussion
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEPubDude

Wrightson and Starlin, what's not to like?

That's a winning combination!
Post 9 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
Does Batman Kill and does Batman use guns?

Yes...
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Yes Batman kills

Look at all the innocent lives he lets his villains take instead of just killing them and stopping the citizens of Gotham waiting for death.

Or at least outfit GCPD with some of his toys to better fight crime.

Batman really isn't a hero
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a good history of Batman's use of guns across the years:

http://sacomics.blogspot.com/2005/08/batman-and-guns.html

He definitely killed in the early days, but IMO he should not be portrayed as a killer. The whole point of Batman is that no one else have to go through what he did. I accept that occasionally he may be in the "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you" position, but I don't think he should ever intentionally kill someone.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Does Batman kill?

A. Batman is a fictional character, so he will do whatever the artists/writers make him do.

B. Batman has at least been implied to have killed (Killing Joke) which was a one shot and (I'm pretty sure) was not intended to be considered canon.

C. Perhaps the underlying question is, do his fans think he SHOULD kill and why or why not?

I'm sure if Batman were real (which sorry Scott Snyder he isn't) he would defend himself with lethal force only as a means of self preservation. Because even though he is a vigilante who operates outside of the law, he still believes in its principles and tenets which state in most parts of the world that murder is a crime.

So even though he is technically breaking the law by being a vigilante, he admittedly enacts his version of justice by going to lengths that law enforcement is prevented from going but that does not include murder. In my opinion...2 cents...Fun topic of conversation though!
Post 15 IP   flag post
600891 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?