Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
I didn't plan on buying one of these but BARNES & NOBLE had
a table full so I broke down and bought a copy.

mm

B&N selling comics again? BAM! Finally stopped starting 2019.
Post 26 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
I didn't plan on buying one of these but BARNES & NOBLE had
a table full so I broke down and bought a copy.

mm

B&N selling comics again? BAM! Finally stopped starting 2019.

They were part of a special promotion for a hardcover "DETECTIVE
COMICS: 80 YEARS OF BATMAN" book...$5.00 each if you bought the $29.00 book...regular price if you just bought the comic.

Marty
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

I got 2 copies of this one. This is the only one I bought. Accidentally the best choice I've made yet.

Open question for @kaptainmyke or anyone else that ordered the Alex Ross variant directly from his shop. I was too late and ordered mine from a seller off eBay. He is now telling me he has yet to receive the copy he ordered, hasn't been getting responses from the Alex Ross shop, and never received any details regarding shipping. I find all of that very difficult to believe and think the seller realized what the copies are selling for now and is hoping I just give up and ask for a refund. What was your experience with your order?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm
@kaptainmyke Quote:

I got 2 copies of this one. This is the only one I bought. Accidentally the best choice I've made yet.

Open question for @kaptainmyke or anyone else that ordered the Alex Ross variant directly from his shop. I was too late and ordered mine from a seller off eBay. He is now telling me he has yet to receive the copy he ordered, hasn't been getting responses from the Alex Ross shop, and never received any details regarding shipping. I find all of that very difficult to believe and think the seller realized what the copies are selling for now and is hoping I just give up and ask for a refund. What was your experience with your order?

Check the sellers sales. See if there are any other presales of this or any other of the Ross Tec 1000 covers by this seller and if he has gotten any feedback. On them.

I wouldn’t give up. Price will likely drop once the hype dies down, so if they are Don’t let the seller off the hook and if he is scamming you at least don’t allow him to relist and get the current prices. Keep monitoring his sales to to see if he throws one up on eBay. Might catch him in the act.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I ordered from the Alex Ross store directly so I couldn't tell you, sorry.
Post 30 IP   flag post

@kaptainmyke My main question for you though is how communicative was the Alex Ross store with respect to your order? I basically don't believe the seller when he states the Alex Ross store has had no contact with him with respect to the order.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
@kaptainmyke Quote:

Check the sellers sales. See if there are any other presales of this or any other of the Ross Tec 1000 covers by this seller and if he has gotten any feedback. On them.

I wouldn’t give up. Price will likely drop once the hype dies down, so if they are Don’t let the seller off the hook and if he is scamming you at least don’t allow him to relist and get the current prices. Keep monitoring his sales to to see if he throws one up on eBay. Might catch him in the act.

@Drogio Thanks for the advice; I did indeed check that, but mine was the only copy he has posted. I agree, and do not intend to let him off the hook on this and check his listings every now and then. Maybe everything he is saying is true, but I just have my doubts as my experience is these shops usually keep their customers in the loop regarding order status.
Post 32 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few mutual friends who said they ordered but did not get the confirmation email after it sold out. Could have timed out the second they ran out of copies?
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
I have a few mutual friends who said they ordered but did not get the confirmation email after it sold out. Could have timed out the second they ran out of copies?

That happened to me as well. The page came up that said order processed, but my paypal account was never charged and never got an email from the Alex Ross site. I only noticed the issue a few hours later....long after they sold out.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

That happened to me as well. The page came up that said order processed, but my paypal account was never charged and never got an email from the Alex Ross site. I only noticed the issue a few hours later....long after they sold out.

Oh, that's interesting and unfortunate. That very well could be the source of the problem.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Hard to say if the price will go down on the book. I don't see it, but thats just me...do we know the print run of it yet?
Post 36 IP   flag post
I thought I came across a print run of 500 at some point. Not sure if that is correct or not though.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Walked into a local comic shop for the first time in years.

Seems like all new books have all reverted to low number issues. Think I only saw a handful of titles in the double digits.

Just had a quick look. Alex does the artwork on one of the stories.
Met him years ago at a comic book convention in Brisbane Australia and got him to draw me a pic of the Sub-mariner.

Post 38 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, watch this carefully. If you got it at a significant discount to the current price, he is probably hoping you will relent. Just be patient ... whether he's scamming you or not, he'll have to eventually produce some communication from Ross's store. Then you can decide how to proceed.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm You may want to contact your seller again. I checked facebook. People started selling them on April 6th. These pictures are from Alex Ross' facebook page.

Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector PixelPanda144 private msg quote post Address this user
How much was the Alex Ross variant selling for on his website?

I was lucky enough to get the signed Frank Miller variant from Midtown Comics but that Alex Ross looks AMAZING!
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@kaptainmyke Quote:

I pre-ordered the Ross variants along with variants from a few other retailers, and all I can tell you is that the Ross books shipped first out of all the retailers I ordered from. Whoever sold you them on EBay should have had them by now unless something went wrong with the order, but that doesn't excuse the seller from not communicating that with you.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Am I missing something? I thought the prices had calmed down after a couple of days after release. This is insane.

Post 43 IP   flag post
I’m not sorry you’ve missed out on that item. The only people I feel sorry for are the ones paying $100s of dollars for a new release just for a cover.

But it is a first appearance!!
Post 44 IP   flag post
@Drogio I bought it from Alex Ross’s site for regular price. I just don’t know why it sold for that price when just a week ago it slowed to around 250

Ps. I just like watching certain comics I have to see what the sell for.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Holy crap. That's a lot of money for those covers. Shocking.
Post 46 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid it’s to much for those covers. I could maybe see if they were signed but nope. Just regular variants.
Post 47 IP   flag post
it's leveled down to $250-$300 for a graded 9.8 ross homage cover
Post 48 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke I’ve only seen one graded pair and they are 9.9’s. I haven’t seen. I guess there’s the pre sale 9.8’s
Post 49 IP   flag post
still waiting on grades for my 2
Post 50 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke good luck. I just mailed mine today.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm i made a bulk order - i only received them last week. however i did contact alex ross shop a few weeks ago and they replied within 24 hours
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
oh and a few of my customers got a good deal - they preordered from me for $25 per copy - my bad
Post 53 IP   flag post
@poka Thanks, that is what I was figuring with respect to communicating with the Alex Ross shop. I understand some delay with any response, but find it hard to believe the seller I bought the book from would have contact the shop multiple times to no avail.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Update: I got 9.9s on both of them.

Post 55 IP   flag post
601443 76 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?