Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

Opinion On Grade of Book8667

Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Saturday my fine fellow comic enthusiasts! I normally wouldn’t ask this question because I am fairly god at grading my own books book I have a Doctor Strange #1 in what I would call 9.2 condition but there are two chips missing of of each back cover corners. For such a beautiful and cool book, I am a little dismayed at this issue. I love the book all the same and would never get rid of it, but I am trying to gauge whether it would be worth getting graded. I honestly don’t know how hard this book would get hit on these defects, but my hunch is it would be a big issue and drop the grade down to a 8.5. I would greatly appreciate any insight, opinions or comments from the board thank you all and all the best!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
do those damaged, back-cover corner "chips" carry through to any of the interior pages? It looks like it does on the next to last page.
Post 2 IP   flag post
On the top back cover yes. The last page is affected as well. 😞
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hmm, it presents really well on the front cover despite blunted corners. The back cover corner pieces plus carrying into the interior might make it a 6.5? could be as high as 7.5 since I don't see much in the way of spine creases. Not sure if the corner tears represent a "large piece out of the cover" or not.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Those pictures are really magnified so you can see them well. When you look at the back with the naked eye you can see the corners are chipped, but it is really small. Appreciate all the insight. I don’t think it would drop it down that much.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Cohnman private msg quote post Address this user
I say 8.0 to 8.5
Post 6 IP   flag post
I was tempted to go 8.0, but I think the missing corner pieces especially if there are internal page pieces missing is going to move it to a max 7.5. But, who knows?
Post 7 IP   flag post
I appreciate everyones input as I also see this book getting a 8.0 grade because of those chips. My next question is: Does this book pose a prime candidate to be signed? Considering it is a nice book with defects. Would the community have this book signed ?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Ghostridercomics76 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes i would get it signed
Post 9 IP   flag post
600672 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?