Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

First appearance of Ghost? (Dark Horse)8657

SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I noticed a CGC slab of Comics Greatest World: Ghost; it stated 1st appearance of Ghost.
I recalled reading a preview from this book in the CGW Sourcebook, published months earlier.
Sure enough my memory got it right.
So wouldn’t the Sourcebook get 1st appearance? It’s got a cover app and a full page preview of the book that gets the credit. Side note: I like the Adam Hughes pencils.

And the final page in CGW Ghost:

Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Probably one of those things like first Preacher...is it #1 or the Absolute Vertigo?

I would think maybe this doesn't count as it is only a preview of the actual issue to come??
Post 2 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Probably one of those things like first Preacher...is it #1 or the Absolute Vertigo?

I would think maybe this doesn't count as it is only a preview of the actual issue to come??

You may be on to something. So if someone were to submit Comics' Greatest World Sourcebook (none in census I can find) it would likely specify that it predates CGW Ghost.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Same thing with Danger Girl. People believe Danger Girl's first appearance in Danger Girl #0. But actually Campbell sketched her in Cliffhanger #0
Post 4 IP   flag post
I actually own Cliffhanger 0, it came with a Wizard magazine. Didn’t realize that was first Danger Girl. I learned something today
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't know about this being the 1st Ghost either
Post 6 IP   flag post
And in true 90’s style there’s a platinum edition!!!

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
I actually own Cliffhanger 0, it came with a Wizard magazine. Didn’t realize that was first Danger Girl. I learned something today

if you open cliffhanger 0 you will find several sketches of danger girl.
Post 8 IP   flag post
601279 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?