Grade this ASM #2998637

Collector BatCatMan private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

Recently, I purchased this ASM comic.
In which grade do you think it is?

Thanks

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Overstreet puts this one at an 7.5 - 8.0 based upon 1/4 " bend on the back cover with color break. From your images, the front cover seems in great shape! If those are not bends but cover scratches let us know. Nuff said..
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
7.5?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Cop
Overstreet puts this one at an 7.5 - 8.0 based upon 1/4 " bend on the back cover with color break. From your images, the front cover seems in great shape! If those are not bends but cover scratches let us know. Nuff said..

Those on the back cover are bends unfortunately

Can those, affect the grade significantly?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZXMAN
Quote:

Those on the back cover are bends unfortunately

Can those, affect the grade significantly?[/quote

Yeah
Post 5 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah
Post 6 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I was thinking 8.0 but if there’s something minor not showing up in my cell phone then 7.5
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I was going to ask for you to provide pictures of it page by page.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Unfortunately in order to be an 8.0, even though a 1/4" crease is acceptable there can be no color break. The back cover is just as important when grading as the front cover. It is important when grading a book to identify its greatest flaw and see (according to Overstreet) where that flaw put you in the best grade.. then work your way backwards from there (additional issues, blunted corners, does the book lie flat etc.) ..nuff said.
Post 9 IP   flag post
The good news, You have a great book! In my opinion this is much more than Venom's first cameo appearance. This book will go the way of Hulk 180 in it's importance. Enjoy it! You can always upgrade it one day.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
7.5-8.5
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
7.0 - 7.5
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
C+
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
The good news, You have a great book! In my opinion this is much more than Venom's first cameo appearance. This book will go the way of Hulk 180 in it's importance. Enjoy it! You can always upgrade it one day.

Thank you
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
7.5-8.5

In my opinion it's a 7.5 or an 8.0, but I don't know how the bends on the back cover affects on the grade.
Post 15 IP   flag post
The Overstreet grading guide states "Cover/Exterior" so always took that to mean the front and back cover. To be an 8.0 it would require no color break. Just my two cents....nuff said
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
The Overstreet grading guide states "Cover/Exterior" so always took that to mean the front and back cover. To be an 8.0 it would require no color break. Just my two cents....nuff said

Oh ok, so it's between a 7.0 and 7.5 range I guess.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's a 7.0 but I always look on the bright side of books. If you going to have a condition defect it's always the best on the back cover
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
That's a lot of colour breaking lines on the back unfortunately. Not just a single crease with colour break.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZXMAN
Quote:

Oh ok, so it's between a 7.0 and 7.5 range I guess.

This doesn’t make much sense to me. A non-color breaking crease can be pressed out...thus making it a 10.0 without any other defects.

Seems a little harsh to me. I know you’re getting it from overstreet but i’m Not sure I agree,with that verbatim.

I had a book once graded by cgc with a much bigger non color breaking crease wih no other flaws...it received a 9.6.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Drogio I understand your frustration. However there are obvious color breaks in the book in question. I guess I am just saying this book is not worth getting slabbed and the disappointment that will come from it.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This is a nice looking book from the cover view, so it’s perfect to display. But with roughly 3,500 copies on the CGC Census at 9.0 or better (and no one outside of the CBCS inner circle knows how many they have graded), it is just not that valuable or rare. Enjoy it for what it is, but if you want one to get graded and serve as a potential investment, I would recommend obtaining a high-grade raw or slabbed copy.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Drogio I understand your frustration. However there are obvious color breaks in the book in question. I guess I am just saying this book is not worth getting slabbed and the disappointment that will come from it.

I know that it's not worth to slab it.
I bought this comic for my personal Spider-Man collection, because I like Venom.

Also, the cost of sending a comic to CGC or CBCS from Spain is very high and must be done from a specific store.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I just wanted to know more or less the condition in which is it to get an idea of how much it costs in that grade.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
This is a nice looking book from the cover view, so it’s perfect to display. But with roughly 3,500 copies on the CGC Census at 9.0 or better (and no one outside of the CBCS inner circle knows how many they have graded), it is just not that valuable or rare. Enjoy it for what it is, but if you want one to get graded and serve as a potential investment, I would recommend obtaining a high-grade rW or slabbed copy.

I didn't buy it for invest, so I will keep this copy for my personal collection because it looks really well in the front cover.

I am happy with it.
Post 25 IP   flag post
597903 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?