Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleFor Sale

Slabs for sale, incl Edge of Spider-Verse 2!8625

Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
Greetings - I've bought books from a number of folks here, but this is my first attempt at sales. Some family financial needs have come up, and I need to start working through selling sizable chunks of my collection. I'll post a message below with a link if you want to browse.

Today I'm offering a strange mix of 10 different graded comics. Shipping will be $15 for individual books - if you buy more than one, I'll calculate actual shipping for the combined packaging.

Here's a list of what I'm selling - I'll post each one with pictures below.

- Amazing Spider-Man, vol. 3 #1A - CGC 9.8 - $33

- Batman: Gotham Adventures #29 - CBCS 9.6 - $28

- Dark Nights: Metal #1 (Francesco Mattina Unmasked Ultimate Virgin Variant) (limited to 250) CBCS 9.8 - $110

- Edge of Spider-Verse #2 - CGC 9.8 - $480

- G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #216 (Hall of Comics Action Figure Variant) CBCS 9.8 Authentic Signature by Elias Chatzoudis - $40

- Happy #1 - CGC 9.8 - $55

- Star Wars, vol. 1 #42 - CBCS 9.4 - $110

- Teen Titans Special #1 - CGC 9.8 - $33

- Thor, vol.4 #1 (Alex Ross Sketch Variant) - CBCS 9.8 - $110

- Vampirella, vol. 5 #11 (Lucio Parillo Virgin Variant, limited to 500) - CGC 9.8 - $135

EDIT - adding per the guidelines - Returns accepted within 7 days of receipt.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Amazing Spider-Man, vol. 3 #1A - CGC 9.8 - $33

Post 2 IP   flag post
SOLD

Batman: Gotham Adventures #29 - CBCS 9.6 - $28

Post 3 IP   flag post
Dark Nights: Metal #1 (Francesco Mattina Unmasked Ultimate Virgin Variant) (limited to 250) CBCS 9.8 - $110

Post 4 IP   flag post
Edge of Spider-Verse #2 - CGC 9.8 - $480

Post 5 IP   flag post
G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #216 (Hall of Comics Action Figure Variant) CBCS 9.8 Authentic Signature by Elias Chatzoudis - $40

Post 6 IP   flag post
Happy #1 - CGC 9.8 - $55

Post 7 IP   flag post
Star Wars, vol. 1 #42 - CBCS 9.4 - $110

Post 8 IP   flag post
Teen Titans Special #1 - CGC 9.8 - $33

Post 9 IP   flag post
Thor, vol.4 #1 (Alex Ross Sketch Variant) - CBCS 9.8 - $110

Post 10 IP   flag post
Vampirella, vol. 5 #11 (Lucio Parillo Virgin Variant, limited to 500) - CGC 9.8 - $135

Post 11 IP   flag post
I'm going to be selling most of my collection over the coming months - about 15,000 raw issues. Feel free to browse it at this link, and let me know if there are things of interest to you.

EDIT: I should have noted, I’m not interested in selling my runs of Batman or Detective at this time - most other stuff is up for discussion though.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry to hear you are selling off your collection, Sean. If you can meet at our usual place, I will pay you cash for the Gotham Adventures #29. And if you still have a copy or two of BA #12, let me know, and we can see if we can come up with a bigger deal. Please PM me when you get a chance.
Thanks and good luck,
Ed
Post 13 IP   flag post
@esaravo thanks Ed - I like to think of it as "focusing" the collection My Batman and Detective runs are plenty safe!

I'm sure we can meet up - I'll PM you, and will mark Gotham Adventures sold.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Verde private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacaboca
Edge of Spider-Verse #2 - CGC 9.8 - $480

I’ve got my eyes on this! 😍😍😍
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde
I’ve got my eyes on this!
heh, me too... but it's a good time for me to let it go to a better home. I have a VF/NM raw copy of it as well that I've been holding...
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
What do you do with 15000 comics? I don't have room for what I've got which is 1/3rd your collection.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
What do you do with 15000 comics? I don't have room for what I've got which is 1/3rd your collection.
Heh... the truth is when you start to get that many, they start to intrude on your space

I have about 100 short boxes on the shelves in these pictures, and then a whole lot more in various stages of sorting and filing out in my office space. I'll take some current pictures, they're more full now.

EDIT: I'm bad at math... 25 short boxes per shelf, 4 shelves.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Digital videos for dummies, eh?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Digital videos for dummies, eh?

HA, I just use some old thick books to put under the ends of short boxes, those are 20 years old. Those speaker stands are actually really useful - I pull a box off the shelf, easily sit it on them, and can put books under one end or the other to tip it up for filing/flipping.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Huh, I wouldn't think those shelves would hold the weight. Is this a room in your home? converted climate controlled garage? Looks like around 3000/shelf?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Huh, I wouldn't think those shelves would hold the weight. Is this a room in your home? converted climate controlled garage? Looks like around 3000/shelf?

The shelves hold great - normal wire shelves from Lowe's, with custom liners I cut to make it ideal for the boxes. Those are short boxes, not long boxes, it's probably closer to 600-700 per shelf I would guess... haven't counted.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Bumparooni
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
@vacaboca wow took a look at the list and you have some awesome books in there. Might take a day to see all the great books
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Verde private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
I have a VF/NM raw copy of it as well that I've been holding...

What would you sell that for, if you were to sell it?
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute_Zero
@vacaboca wow took a look at the list and you have some awesome books in there. Might take a day to see all the great books
I've been slowly looking through them myself. The Batman collection (Detective comics and Batman) is insane.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have a VF/NM raw copy of it as well that I've been holding...

What would you sell that for, if you were to sell it?

Good question - the book is definitely hot, every time I check it seems like it's moving up. I don't have the book or scans handy, so I'd have to judge by my database, which has it as a 9.0 (my grade, not slabbed). $130 plus shipping would get me to part with it I think.

Edit: this is in reference to my raw copy of Edge of Spider-Verse #2 - I thought that was in the quote above, oops.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute_Zero
I've been slowly looking through them myself. The Batman collection (Detective comics and Batman) is insane.

Thanks! It's important to note that that link to my collection includes both books in my collection *and* on my want list... my Batman and Detective Comics runs are solid back to the mid to late 60s I think, but if you don't notice the inclusion of the Want List books as well, it looks like they go all the way back to the beginning. Oh, how I wish...

The icons next to the books show the difference, but it's probably easier to change the filter to In Collection:

https://cloud.collectorz.com/vacaboca/comics?viewCollection=in-collection
Post 28 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Nice collection you got there
Post 29 IP   flag post
600742 29 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?