Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPComics Bronze AgeMovies TelevisionSignatures

Howard the Duck 1 signed by Steve Gerber+++860

Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@MR_SigS The book and the photo file don't need to be in the same place after they're taken. Once you have the photos the book can go on it's way through the process while anything that needs to be done with the image files can be batch-processed while the book is in another stage in the process. The book could be in QC or waiting to be encapsulated or if the photos are taken at the start, the images could be tweaked, along with the images of dozens or even hundreds of other books by someone else without the need for the physical book itself before the book is even done grading

I agree. The process can be developed to make it easy on everyone to keep the time and cost down. I have faith that this idea will eventually become an option that many VSP or even some ASP customers will take advantage of. I am also curious how many requests CBCS gets for the $300 treatment. Plus, other than if there is a signature inside the book, why would you retake pictures of the same book if someone else has already asked to have it scanned/photographed? It seems like recycling the images would be just as effective for someone who wants a digital copy.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Like I said, if it works, great

Nope, I wanna be difficult! lol
What if there's, like, 10 sigs inside on 8 different pages, and one of them is Stan Lee's signed over Joe Shuster's???

Just kidding, guys
Post 27 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I almost got Val to sign my #1 but I was too tired from long lines with Bruce Campbell and Stan Lee that day...

Yeah, I am going to win it. You may as well just ship it to me now.

Lol, I wish you the best of luck kaptainmyke! If I had it in my possession I would send it to you.

You should see me on Sunday evenings with the TMNT action figure auctions from Mirage Studios. Nobody ever wins. Ever. https://www.pinterest.com/kaptainmyke/kaptainmykes-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-collectio/
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
I almost got Val to sign my #1 but I was too tired from long lines with Bruce Campbell and Stan Lee that day...

Yeah, I am going to win it. You may as well just ship it to me now.

Campbell lives just a few miles from me (at least for part of the year) and I still haven't met him. I wish he'd do more local stuff, but I can understand if he wants to keep distance between his home and his career.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
He lives in Portland, OR. Where do you live?
Post 30 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS Knock on his door.

@kaptainmyke I was going to bid, but I'll let you have this one.
Post 31 IP   flag post
You wouldn't win. Mwahahahaa
Post 32 IP   flag post
He has a place in Jacksonville, OR as well.
Post 33 IP   flag post
2 more days...
Post 34 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
2 more days...
Should i go for this. I don't have a red label YET.
Post 35 IP   flag post
You won't win brah. Have you seen my ninja turtle auctions from Mirage Studios every sunday evening? I always win. If I want it , I'll get it. mwahahahaahahaha

Post 36 IP   flag post
I predict it will sell for $187
Post 37 IP   flag post
Winning tracking bid placed
Post 38 IP   flag post
Keep it low till it's time, brahhhhhh
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
You won't win brah. Have you seen my ninja turtle auctions from Mirage Studios every sunday evening? I always win. If I want it , I'll get it. mwahahahaahahaha

Post 40 IP   flag post

Post 41 IP   flag post

Post 42 IP   flag post

Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:

I'm sure I missed it somewhere, but what happens in one day?
Post 44 IP   flag post

Post 45 IP   flag post
LOL
I thought it was in another thread because we hijacked this one. Never thought about looking at the first post.
And I was thinking something more reptilian than fowl.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector Nino_013 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Even a device like that isn't really needed. It would be a simple matter to take standard, high resolution photograph and process it to correct for perspective, like so:

And these are from fairly crappy photographs taken and processed on my phone with a free app. Using a professional, super high resolution camera, professional lighting, and a proper software suite, far, far better results are possible without a lot of work

@dielinfinite Can i ask what photo app you used for this?
Post 47 IP   flag post

Post 48 IP   flag post

Post 49 IP   flag post
uh, why did it end? it's not 8pm EST YET?!

WTF

ah screw you Howard. You were only a 5.5 anyways. #stillmadtho
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
uh, why did it end? it's not 8pm EST YET?!

WTF

ah screw you Howard. You were only a 5.5 anyways. #stillmadtho
I forgot to bit too. I was the underbidder
Post 51 IP   flag post
They forgot to spring ahead?
Post 52 IP   flag post
CLEVE LAND?
Post 53 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke do you collect newer HtD books?
Post 54 IP   flag post
No, just the original series, and magazines
Post 55 IP   flag post
597904 61 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?