Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I remember someone on here talked about this particular issue being very hard to find, especially in high grade. I don't remember a lot of the details, but thought some would be interested in this auction (ends in about five hours though):

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=808884

[edit] Here's the image:

Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, an 8.0!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
As the person who hyped and flipped the 5.0 I was hoping this one would slip under the radar so I could win it cheap.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
As the person who hyped and flipped the 5.0 I was hoping this one would slip under the radar so I could win it cheap.

Oops ... sorry about that.

If it's any consolation, it was already over 5k by the time I found it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

Oops ... sorry about that.

If it's any consolation, it was already over 5k by the time I found it.

I took a stab at it even over 5K but now it is up to $8,200 and I am out.

Anyone else?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Final gavel at $12,900!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Final gavel at $12,900!

Holy Moly! But man, it is a nice copy.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Final gavel at $12,900!

Holy Moly! But man, it is a nice copy.

I just looked at the census. There are 48 graded (plus 4 restored), only five better than this one (two at 9.4 are the highest).
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone notice the woman's reflection shows her wearing a bra yet her backside shows it missing?.. or is that old news. I've never seen it discussed.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Anyone notice the woman's reflection shows her wearing a bra yet her backside shows it missing?.. or is that old news. I've never seen it discussed.

Her right arm is also poking out of the mirror.

We had a thread about this after I bought the 5.0.
Post 10 IP   flag post
601527 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?