Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper Age

Anyone heard of "the uncle Stan collection "8572

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

so I won this on auction tonight, hulk 180 with the mark jewelers insert. the story is that Stan Lee's nephew lives in the UK, I think it's Larry lieber's son. Stan was sending him books to the UK for years. His nephew asked if he could sell the books. You can see Stan's reply in the photo. Question is, is this a verified collection? Going to send it in to Cbcs, hoping they could put it on the label? Does anybody have any books from this collection or have any information would be appreciated
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently the story is true and the “Uncle Stan” books are a thing but they don’t really command a premium and isn’t a collection recognized by CGC (though that’s not a guarantee CBCS won’t recognize it, either)
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 I like the story, and I hope this becomes a recognized collection. Very cool!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
This is a very cool story and I do hope this becomes a recognized collection. Very cool!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
hope this becomes a recognized collection. Very cool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
hope this becomes a recognized collection. Very cool!!

jinx you owe me a coke
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector MezComics private msg quote post Address this user
It most likely is only a matter of time.
Post 6 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Noting this on the label may have been a possibility had the original owner contacted us to slab the books before they went to market. After the fact...I don't think it will happen.

It would probably not been considered a "pedigree" unless there were full runs of the titles going back to the beginning of the superhero era (FF #1, AF #15, etc.), all keys being present, and most everything in high grade. A "collection" notation is different, which is just having "from the collection of..." noted at the bottom of the label where signature information is usually placed. To get a collection notation, a large quantity of the collection would have to be submitted by the original owner, or in some cases the person who bought the collection directly from that original owner.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Now that's a collection that would be worth the pedigree status., nice
Post 8 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
If I throw extra money or favors at CBCS, can I have a collection notation on my labels?
Post 9 IP   flag post
600902 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?