Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Double Bill - What do I do?8535

Collector Sekeeth private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted two books for grading at the Great Lakes Comic Con back in the beginning of Feb.

Received an email from CBCS on 2/28 that the books were recieved and my CC was charged ($137) for the invoiced amount. I replied that I forgot to request pressing and to charge me the additional fees for service.

I received a reply several days later that they will submit my books for pressing and charge the additional fee.

Yesterday, I was received an email notification that CBCS charged an additional $174.00 to my card instead of the $37.00 additional fee for the two pressings (one $12 modern pressing and one $25 golden age for a total of $37). This is the $137 from my original order PLUS the $37 for pressing, so I was double billed $137.

Yesterday I tried all day to contact an individual at CBCS to let them know there is a billing issue.

The phone number provided on the bottom of my email confirmation receipt (727.803.6822) is not in service and according to the forums has not been since June 2018. Reddit provided me with an additional phone number (239.234.1673). I left a VM on both Option 1 (customer service) and Option 2 (billing) before noon EST. I sent an email to CS at approximately 11 am EST. Around 4pm I received an email from CBCS, but it was a response to my thanking them from the email chain from 2/28. I replied to that email as well letting them know what has occurred.

I have yet to converse with an employee from CBCS to let them even know there is an issue. All communication has been one-sided.

Currently, the $174 charge is still "Pending" as my bank allows me three days to review charges before posting. The $137 has already been deducted from my account. At this point would I be in the wrong to dispute this $174 charge and tell CBCS to bill me for the correct amount of $37?

Reason being, my father has a birthday surprise party this upcoming weekend and I have the money they mistakenly took earmarked for that event. If I wait for CBCS to eventually, maybe, responds then the window of opportunity for me to dispute the charge will most certainly pass and I will be at the liberty of a company that has demonstrated to me that they have issues communicating returning my money when they finally get around to my messages and then wait five business days for the money to repost. Or I can dispute it now and get my money back instantly and tell CBCS to charge me the correct amount.

What do you recommend considering my situation?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Sorry, I typed CC, I meant debit card.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Chino24 private msg quote post Address this user
I've had a few issues when it comes to this myself.

I'd say that you should send them some emails as well and let them know about the issue.
<customerservice@cbcscomics.com>

My issues have all been resolved in the past, but you have to keep after them because it seems like they don't have enough customer service people for the amount of books they are grading.

Sorry that happened to you, but it seems like someone made a mistake. I'd definitely ask about how they came to charge you for that amount and see what they say. A few times I've been told that the CBCS forms I sent in were out of date and some prices went up.

If anything, you could just cancel the pressing I suppose.

Sorry again - that stinks.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The double-bill was an easy mistake. They charged me the correct amount originally, then I requested additional pressing services. Instead of then just billing for the additional services, they charged me the original amount (a second time) plus the additional services.

Simple accounting error, but the fact that I cannot pick up a phone a call a company and speak to an employee (even a front desk operator) during normal business hours about an issue is pretty frustrating. I've tried calling this morning but did not leave another voicemail as I do not wish to complicate the situation by leaving multiple voicemails over multiple days.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Chino24 private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely send some emails and let them know that you called to try to correct the matter. Tell them it is urgent because you need that money they overcharged to stay in your account.

I'd call at least every other day. I don't think that would be wrong because you're trying to resolve an error on their part.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I recommend contacting Chanté Solomon in billing directly, csolomon@beckett.com, with the details, including the invoice number. Customer Service is overburdened and will take longer to respond but contacting billing should be quicker and more direct.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you for the contact info, dielinfinite! I will send an email to Ms Solomon right now.
Post 7 IP   flag post
"Good afternoon, Ms Solomon.

I submitted an order with CBCS at the beginning of February at a local comic show.

On 2/28 I received a confirmation email and the appropriate funds were withdrawn from my account ($137.00).

I emailed customer service that same day and requested an additional service be included in my order: a comic book pressing for each of the two books submitted ($12 for one modern book , and $25 for one golden-age book) for a total of $37 in additional services.

On 3/4 I received a second email confirmation but the amount withdrawn for this bill on this date is $174.00. This is $174.00 contains a second, incorrect, deduction of the original $137.00 invoiced amount plus the correct additional $37.00 in services.

I have had $137.00 withdrawn twice from my debit card for the same invoice.

I've been attempting to contact CBCS customer service since yesterday morning when the error occurred to no avail. I have not been able to speak with an individual to let them know what has occurred and all communications have been one-sided so far.

Luckily, my bank posts deductions to my ledger as "pending" so I have the ability to control this from my end.

Unfortunately, the money that has been incorrectly charged to my debit card has been earmarked for my fathers surprise birthday party this upcoming Sunday so I will need access to those funds.

Can you please confirm which course of action would be most appropriate:
1. I have the ability to dispute the charge with my bank, which would then release the funds back to me in time, and CBCS can then charge the correct $37.00 to my account, or...
2. CBCS can refund the $137.00 back to my debit account. This absolutely would have to be done today, 3/5, for the funds to hit my account in time for accessibility. Financial institutions generally have a three business day hold on transactions so any delay would result in failure to re-secure my funds in the necessary time constraints.

Please let me know which course of action you feel would be most appropriate. I have sent a new email to customer service yesterday, sent a reply in the original email chain requesting the book pressing letting CBCS know what happened, and left voicemails to both the billing and customer service departments yesterday. No response has happened yet, so unfortunately if I do not garner a response by the end of business today I will be forced to dispute the charge to release my funds and CBCS can charge me the correct amount (option 1 stated above).

I want to make sure that CBCS receives full payment for services, yet I also need to ensure that CBCS does not have money that does not belong to them in their possession that I need access to. I'm unsure how a charge dispute will affect our relationship, but in all honesty if it's between CBCS keeping money or my dad having an awesome surprise party there is no choice to be made (dad all the way). I'm really hoping I may get a $137.00 refund today and that will fix everything.

I apologize for the lengthy email, and I hope you understand my predicament. If I do not hear back from CBCS by the end of the day today, please be aware that the $174.00 charge will be disputed and you may charge me the correct $37.00 at your convenience.

Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,
XXXXXX"
Post 8 IP   flag post
Update: I received a phone call from a wonderful individual in the billing department who informed me the situation is being resolved. Thank you, CBCS customer service!
Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome!!!! happy it all worked out for you.
Post 10 IP   flag post
601333 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?