CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Silver Age

ASM #11 CBCS 9.2 sets record sale for grade!!8505

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
From the CBCS Facebook page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS
An Amazing Spider-Man #11 graded by CBCS at 9.2 just sold from a ComicLink auction for a record-setting $10,250!

Check it out!
ComicLink sale

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
I can’t be the only one who thinks this is absolutely insane.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
It isn't even a first appearance or a black cover.

I bought a Brave and the Bold #28 for less than that.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Some people go nuts over Magik Woo books 🤷🏼‍♂️
Post 4 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
I can’t be the only one who thinks this is absolutely insane.

You aren't.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

hey look what I bought for 10,250. Man I got such a good deal
Post 6 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

over 40k with 2 hours left
Post 7 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
What does that have to do with the specific topic at hand?
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Seeing as how I have a few screws loose myself it's reassuring knowing that there are people out there much crazier than I am. It gives me more hope on reselling some of my recent purchases that I may have slightly overpaid for.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@DrWatson was referring to the record setting sale, the wwbn 32 ended up selling for 50k. The last two recorded sales were 15k and 17k.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think you guys understand. It's a cva exceptional. I'm currently reviewing my graded slabs to see if any may be worth submitting. Maybe I'll even get a CVA extraordinarily exceptional!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I don't think you guys understand. It's a cva exceptional. I'm currently reviewing my graded slabs to see if any may be worth submitting. Maybe I'll even get a CVA extraordinarily exceptional!
how about fancy gold stars? I give everyone here a gold star sticker.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Quote:
how about fancy gold stars? I give everyone here a gold star sticker.

I don’t have any gold stars, but I gave ya 3 hearts for that one.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Not to pour more fuel on this dumpster fire, but let’s get real here. Look at it. LOOK AT IT. Is it really a 9.2? Upper corner crunched and looks like small tear. Ticks and color removal all along top edge and let alone the spine. I have 7.5 books that present better than this.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Oh and crease breaking color bottom right corner....
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Frontier2Xterra CBCS agrees with you (at least partially ):

Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Frontier2Xterra CBCS agrees with you (at least partially ):

In what world is this a 9.2? Even with the notes they have and not including what was missed with a glance of digital scans?
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Frontier2Xterra I know this same joke probably got old several years ago, but this definitely won't be getting a CVA exceptional.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@flanders don’t you worry buddy. I have a participation gold star with its name on it.
Post 19 IP   flag post
597868 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?