Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

DC Streaming Service8480

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone on it? What are your thoughts?

With the NFL Season over, I find myself wanting some more variety in my tv viewing. An original series, "Swamp Thing", is starting in May. I'll probably join then, but I'm wondering if people are liking the other shows. I may jump on it this weekend to try it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Thearrow private msg quote post Address this user
Yea Doom Patrol is good. I only watched the first episode but it was good.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve heard Titans is really good. My friend keeps telling me to watch it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
I signed up originally for a full year... it’s pretty cool, though the only thing I’ve really watched is Titans, which I really enjoyed. I’m watching Doom Patrol next - they teased it a bit in one of the Titans episodes and it seems interesting.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
cough..cough....although not available in Canada....I and others at my LCS may have seen these shows.
So far so good - everyone liking Titans and only seen the 1st of Doom Patrol but it has potential!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
What I plan to do with so many new streaming services coming up is to only use most of them for a few months at a time. I'll pay for HBO Go when Game of Thrones and West World have new episodes. DC's streaming service will get my $$ for a few months when they have built up enough content to be binge worthy. Same with Disney plus.

The only services likely to be kept 12 months a year are Netflix and Amazon Prime. Netflix's catalog is going to dwarf everyone else's for years to come and my wife orders so much stuff from Amazon that Prime pays for itself several times over with free shipping.

So anyway - to the original post. I'll sign up for DC's streaming service for a month or two this summer and binge the shows I'm interested in. Right now I'm waiting on more content.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
I have not seen anything other than Titans and some DC animation content. I really loved Titans. I know that they were getting lots of grief over the actors and the design, but after watching it, I have to say that it worked. I am still waiting for Garth to get full control, but for now it is pretty awesome. Can't wait until season 2.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Chino24 private msg quote post Address this user
I've had it since the beginning and I have to say I've really enjoyed it! I like to listen to the DC Daily episodes (which are short - 20-30 minutes) because they are just a group of people talking about comics, TV shows, and movies. They also have special guests on there sometimes like Marv Wolfman, Dan Didio, Jim Lee, and several others.

As far as Titans and Doom Patrol go, I've really enjoyed both of them a lot! They are hard R rated shows though (not at all in the same vein as CW). It's more mature all around with a lot of cussing, blood and gore, and sexual content. I think that makes it more real, but definitely watch the episodes first before you let any young kids. I'm very excited for Swamp Thing!

You can read different comics on the service too, which is cool. They typically have comics available that relate to either a movie, like Aquaman, or with one of the shows (Titans, Young Justice, and there are several on there now from the Doom Patrol run). The comics change though - I'm not sure how often, maybe once a month? - so read the ones you're interested in quickly. However, I've noticed sometimes reading the comics can be spotty. There is a "slideshow mode" but it tends to move pretty quickly. It goes panel by panel, which is nice though. You can do "panel" mode yourself ad just click to the next one when you're ready, but sometimes it has some glitches, which is disappointing. I've noticed it on several comics I've tried to read.

They also have collections of older TV shows and movies for you to choose from - especially the animated stuff, which DC has been doing really well with. The Death of Superman and the Reign of the Supermen are both available for streaming right now. I've also re-watched a lot of the Batman Animated Series and some other animated stuff I was not as familiar with.

My biggest critique is that DC Universe is not an app you can download on a PS4 or Xbox. I had to buy a Roku in order to download it and watch it on my smart TV. You can watch it on a computer from anywhere, but my laptop just doesn't offer as good of an experience as my TV.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
all I know is I have it on my fire stick
was able to download it yesterday
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Verde private msg quote post Address this user
Not too much, but may sub for Young Justice, and if they revive the GReen Lantern TAS. The cgi one from Cartoon Network. That show was great!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
@Chino24 If you get a Chromecast you can view stuff from your computers browser to the TV.
Post 11 IP   flag post
600892 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?