Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Alex Ross variant cover

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Stantheman private msg quote post Address this user
I saw this! It is awesome! I think I will have to pick this up
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Is this a regular variant or a convention exclusive?
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I believe it's a regular variant.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Alex Ross?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Alex Ross?

Correct! 😀
Post 6 IP   flag post
This would be more appropriate for issue 1027 (or 1026?)

But cool none the less.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I need one of these. Looks sweet.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
It’s (I believe) an exclusive to Alex Ross’ website.

$20 + shipping.

There’s a signed one for I think $80 & slabbed 9.8 copies also will be available there.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
I don't usually collect variants, much less signed and holdered variants, but Alex's interpretation of Bob Kane's first BatMan 'Tec cover pushes all the right buttons for some reason. Even the 9.8 signature label looks like a homage to CGC's better days, but I suppose there's no guarantees that the image will reflect the final product.

Oh well, gotta pull the trigger.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Anyone grab a copy? Shortly after I got the email notice the regular cover (unsigned) was sold out. Had to buy the set (homage and virgin) just to get the homage, but all look to be sold out now....
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Anyone grab a copy? Shortly after I got the email notice the regular cover (unsigned) was sold out. Had to buy the set (homage and virgin) just to get the homage, but all look to be sold out now....

Yep I got

Think he makes as much money on shipping as on the comics.

Comic was released 3pm est. mail for ppl who has asked to be notified came out around 3:25pm. Homage cover was sold out around 3:30-3:40pm

He made revenue of at least $200k in 30 min
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

Yep I got

Comic was released 3pm est. mail for ppl who has asked to be notified came out around 3:25pm. Homage cover was sold out around 3:30-3:40pm

I sent an email asking when it was going on sale days ago...got no response.

$15 for parcel post? Better be shipped in a cardboard mailer surrounded by bubble wrap and placed in a large box.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio UPS ground.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

Yep I got

I sent an email asking when it was going on sale days ago...got no response.

$15 for parcel post? Better be shipped in a cardboard mailer surrounded by bubble wrap and placed in a large box.

Well, I'm done. The short window notice didn't reach me until well after the pre-orders sold out. His site wouldn't allow payment in advance for the signed 9.8 variant, so I requested notification by both email and phone when the item came available for sale. The email arrived late and I was never phoned. Guess I saved $200, but after this experience I won't waste my time trying to do business with the Alex Ross site again.

There may be another option, but I loathe the idea of using connections to acquire something that should be easily purchased through normal channels.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Turns out my order never made it through. Very odd because I remember seeing the “thank you for your purchase” on my screen, but now I see I never got a confirmation email and my paypal account was not charged. I just got an email asking me to complete my purchase, but of course they’re sold out now....

Weird. Oh well.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Mysterian private msg quote post Address this user
I grabbed the homage cover but it took a while due to his server being overloaded. Received an email notification at 2:05 pm central and immediately went to his website. I'll be slabbing this along with the Steve Rude cover I picked up. I'll read my subscription copy.
Post 17 IP   flag post
601442 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?