Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeFor Sale

Ed's Copper and Bronze Age Flash Sale8462

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
As Neil Young once said, "Tonight's the night!" I hope everyone is healthy and feeling good, and looking forward to the Spring. And with Spring in mind, I have gone through a few long and short boxes and pulled out some odds and ends, the vast majority of which I purchased new back in the 1980's.

For those you don't know me, I am a long-time collector and not a dealer. I don't sell on ebay and I don't have a Twitter or Facebook account. I have sold and/or traded comics with dozens of great collectors on these forums for the last four years or so, many that I now consider to be friends. I try to be fair and I sincerely want everyone who buys something to be satisfied with their purchase. I know how to package, and I ship USPS Priority Mail with tracking and insurance (I will not ship Media Mail). I only accept PayPal as payment. For most of these items I will place the bagged and boarded comics in a Gemini mailer, add some reinforcement, and ship them in a USPS Legal Flat Rate Envelope pretty much anywhere in the US for a flat fee of $8 (Note: about 10-12 comics can fit safely in a Gemini mailer). If you prefer (and for larger orders) I can also offer box-in-box shipping in a USPS Medium Flat Rate Box for approximately $12-15, depending on your location in the US.

It may take me some time to post the scans, especially if I am posting more than one comic at a time, so please be patient. The first "I'll take it" claims it. I will PM you (probably the next day) to finalize the sale. If no one claims a package after a few days and you are still interested in some of the books, please PM me. For this evening, I am posting a mix of mostly Copper and Bronze Age Marvels, DC's, Eclipse, Pacific, and Eagle comics that on average are in VF/NM condition. I have included my "guestimate" grade for all books to be sold, and hope you agree with my grades (if you are used to how many of the sellers on ebay grade, you will hopefully be pleasantly surprised). All sales are obviously subject to the posted CBCS Forum Selling Guidelines.

Good luck and please check back at 8:00 PM (EST) tonight.

Ed
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mintcondition private msg quote post Address this user
Do you have a marvel graphic novel #4 1st print?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
Looking forward to it!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
esaravo has PRIMO condition comics...I can attest to this because I have had several packages sent to me FROM HIM and disappointment NEVER happened! The guy has the best comics in the BEST grades...so if you have doubts, you SHOULD NOT! His NM/M are pretty accurate. Also, he packages with great CARE!
Post 4 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Nice... I’m gonna have to check this out!!!!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintcondition
Do you have a marvel graphic novel #4 1st print?

Yes, but I am waiting for CBCS to slab Magazines before I sell it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS does raw grades, I have a couple of the Treasuries.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I hope you sell a bucket load esaravo...the recipients will not be disappointed.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I am a VERY picky collector and esaravo's NM comics have pretty much satisfied my collector's appetite for near perfection!
Post 9 IP   flag post
For Flash Sales, most people are looking for inexpensive comics to satisfy their collecting needs, not keys or semi-keys to fill-in holes. Most books will be in the $2 to $5 per comic range, so everyone can buy something and not go home empty-handed (or with an empty wallet). That's less than it costs for a brand new comic, and these are around 30-years old (and many are in better shape than a lot of the new comics on the racks at my LCS). I will also try to throw in a few freebies to allow those who already purchased some comics to try to get something for free, which is always fun. If I thought there was enough interest in purchasing higher-priced comics, I would do a separate posting for those types of comics. I have already spent over a dozen hours scanning and getting ready. ARE YOU READY?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
ARE YOU READY?

Post 11 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 12 IP   flag post
I AM READY...BRING IT ON!!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
ONE HOUR!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 15 IP   flag post

Post 16 IP   flag post
C'mon Avengers 78!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Are you getting excited?

Post 18 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Are you getting excited?

Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 20 IP   flag post
Okay, it's almost show time. I've done my best to get a wide mix of comics to try to have something for everyone. If you are looking for keys, this is not the place. If you are looking for cheap stuff, this is the place. I cannot guarantee grades, but I have done my best to be honest and fair. Let's play.

First "I'll take it" with picture or description of comic(s) wins.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Hulk Annual #11 (9.0) $4 - SOLD!

Post 22 IP   flag post
Marvel Team-Up #150 (9.4) $6

Post 23 IP   flag post
Conan the Barbarian Movie Special #1 (9.2) $6

Post 24 IP   flag post
Generic Comic Book #1 (9.0) $2

Post 25 IP   flag post
Manhunter #1 (9.2) $3

Post 26 IP   flag post
Marvel Super-Heroes Secret Wars #10 (8.5) $6 - SOLD!

Post 27 IP   flag post
Iron Man #169 (8.0) $4

Post 28 IP   flag post
Teen Titans Spotlight #14 (9.4) and #18 (9.0) $6

Post 29 IP   flag post
New Teen Titans #13 (9.0) $2

Post 30 IP   flag post
600860 171 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?