Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Looking for the owner of a graded comic we incorrectly received...8446

Collector LostComic private msg quote post Address this user
After tearing through our mail in a slightly drunken stuper, my girlfriend and I realized the package we opened was addressed to our address, but to no one that lived here. We do not collect comics ourselves, but we know about the grading scale and how proud people can be of their collection. This one says it is a Wonder Woman #1 9.8 rated. We are hoping whoever is expecting this comic checks here, or that CBCS can help us locate the owner (forum still hasn’t allowed us to post.)

We do have the name to verify ownership.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Kudos for being honest! It would require a few additional steps on your part. However, I'd recommend reaching out to CBCS and let them know of their mistake. Was there a packing or invoice slip as well? If so, this will help CBCS in getting this remedied with invoice number.

Contact information here;

Phone: 239.234.1673
Email: customerservice@cbcscomics.com

Again, I tip my hat to you for your honesty. I hope everything works out for this!
Post 2 IP   flag post
There definitely was a packing slip however I did not even think to look at it. Thank you for the contact information, I will attempt to reach them after work today!
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostComic
There definitely was a packing slip however I did not even think to look at it. Thank you for the contact information, I will attempt to reach them after work today!

Well done good sir!!!!!!!!!!

Good karma to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector akiva private msg quote post Address this user
Great job guys!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
You are a great person
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Top man sir
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@LostComic This is very cool of you. Us comic book nerds admire people who do great things like what you are doing.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Have you been in contact with CBCS on this?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@LostComic
Quote:
(forum still hasn’t allowed us to post.)

Huh?

P.S. Good job, I hope you find the rightful owner!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@LostComic
Quote:
(forum still hasn’t allowed us to post.)

Huh?

P.S. Good job, I hope you find the rightful owner!

@CaptainCanuck Was probably trying to post or did post but wasn’t public till new account was cleared by mod/admin
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Still say it is a good thing that you are doing.@Darryl_H may be able to help you with this. I would PM him and give him the barcode number associated with the comic and see if they can help you find the rightful owner.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Frontier2Xterra

Makes sense 👍🏻
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
Have you been in contact with CBCS on this?

It looks to be a purchase of a “pre-graded” book from CBCS that has been shipped from a comicbook store in the north. After calling the store, they were able to verify the sale and have since corrected the address. I will be shipping the comic back to them so that they can get it to the correct owner! Thank you all for your help!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
@LostComic awesome news. Thanks for your efforts. Someone is going to be happy that you did this.
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Doesnt look like the book came from CBCS, so the best they could do is provide the original owner contact info.

This is going to take several folks to be honest, but hopefully the book makes it through the gauntlet!
Post 16 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer

Sounds as though @LostComic is sending the book back to the comic store that shipped it out. They should be able to re-ship to the correct address.
Post 17 IP   flag post
601456 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?