Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPQuestionsSignaturesSigning Opportunities

Rob Liefeld at ECCC8441

Collector OoklaTheMok private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I think I read last year Rob Liefeld is no longer working with CGC, and only CBCS now.

Given that, has anyone ever had their issues signed? What's the process? Just show up super early like it's a Black Friday sale? How much does he charge? I've read, from others, he charges as high as $120 each for NM 87 and 98. Last time I had issues signed from him was back in 1990 and 1991, when no one was charging.

But he will be appearing at Seattle's ECCC this year and I will be looking to get some signings. CBCS is situating themselves about 1/4 mile away. Is there a way to facilitate a signing to submit for ASP? Sent an email to CBCS if there's any process (given the extra walk) but haven't heard back yet.

Sorry if it's a lot of questions. Hoping to try to get some insight... Thank you!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
I would rather eat an entire farm of rotten onions
Post 2 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't heard anything official yet, but you may have to go through Collector's Choice Comics to get it witnessed. It's possible that CBCS might have a private signing set up also. CBCS had a shuttle at one con when they were offsite. I don't know if they will do that at ECCC. It's quite possible that they are still ironing out final details for ECCC still. I know they had to move from the location they had last year, so that might be putting a crimp in the plans also. I'd suggest contacting Collector's Choice on facebook and seeing if they plan on being there. I believe they usually are. They are one of the two approved facilitators for Liefeld. They other is Steven McDonald. I just checked his facebook page. Clan McDonald Comics and Signature Witnessing and it looks like he taking submissions for Liefeld. He would probably be your best bet at this point.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Stantheman private msg quote post Address this user
OMG I wish I had chosen OOKLA THE MOK as my board name!

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector ClanMcDonaldComics private msg quote post Address this user
Hi...Myself (Clan McDonald Comics) is one of the few approved CBCS facilitating witnesses on the CBCS list....Hit me up on my Facebook personal page or Clan McDonald Comics Facebook page. I've got a signing with him at ECCC and C2E2. Thanks!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Liefeld is the most unintentionally hilarious artist.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 8 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Seriously, my mind is blown that people still pay this guy to draw stuff and then they publish it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

The comic proportions of the (very lopsided) chest are the first thing you notice, of course, but keep looking and you'll see that apparently Cap's hips are about a foot and a half in front of his head.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Stantheman private msg quote post Address this user
Liefeld is up there with frank Robbins as most horrible artists ever!
Post 11 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 12 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy

Pretty sure that's just how they draw it up in anatomy class....
Post 13 IP   flag post
600520 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?