Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeFor Sale

selling comics8407

Collector tonyz58 private msg quote post Address this user
I need to sell part of my collection....Is anyone familar with 'sellmycomics.com,,comicconnect.com or comiclink' auctions?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
It really depends on what you are trying to unload. Specifics like 1940's or 1990's makes a huge difference in price and interest. Other things like genre will be the next issue. Westerns and Funny Animal books are no where near the value of Superhero and other genres of popular interest.

From there you can determine the best venue to sell
Post 2 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I've had good luck buying and selling on ComicLink. You might also consider listing items here on the forum.

Good luck!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector jgzachary13 private msg quote post Address this user
Do you need money quick (i.e., need to move the comics quick)? If you have older, key books, I would use Comic Connect’s Event Auction. If you had mega keys, Herotage Auction’s Comic auction. If you have smaller keys or non-key books, I would use eBay. Some people use MyComicShop, but it’s hard to beat the number of eyes you can get on your stuff when you are on eBay. Sell Buy-it-Now if possible. You often lose money when selling quick auction formats like eBay (i.e., 7 day).
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector jgzachary13 private msg quote post Address this user
@tonyz58 What books are you selling?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Relaxin89 private msg quote post Address this user
🤔
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz58
I need to sell part of my collection....Is anyone familar with 'sellmycomics.com,,comicconnect.com or comiclink' auctions?

I use eBay for the auction and list the link on CBCS. Works good for me.

Cheers snd good luck.
Tim
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgzachary13
@tonyz58 What books are you selling?

Yeah, what's in the box!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Several years ago I started trying to figure out how to start selling the books I had bought back in the 1980s.

At New York Comic Con I spoke with Heritage, Comic Link, and Comic Connect. I got the sense that Heritage and to a lesser extent Comic Link were going to be too picky and turn their nose up at most of my books.

Before I started working with them, Rob Reynolds from Comic Connect introduced me to Matt Nelson at the Big Apple show a few months later. Matt took one of the books I bought at the show to press and send to CGC for grading.

At the next New York show I brought in my top 30 books on Saturday and the next thirty books on Sunday to show to Matt. Matt graded all 60 books (and some more I bought at the show). I ended up taking about a dozen books home and Matt took the rest for pressing and / or grading.

After I wrapped things up with Matt I arranged to have Comic Connect to take all of the books I had given to Matt on consignment. As I had given them many high value books initially (ASM 300, Hulk 182, etc.) they took many other books from me that they may have rejected if I hadn't given them these books.

At one point I had over 1,000 books consigned with them. Currently I still have 700 books consigned to them even though I now have my ebay store.
Post 9 IP   flag post
598060 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?