Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeFor SaleQuestions

Immortal Hulk Buy or Sell(Spec/sale question)8403

Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
I am on my PC and I can not seem to like any posts with this new system.

Yeah...doesn't seem to let me like on phone or computer sooo....

"You get a like, you get a like, you all get a like!!!"*
*Oprah voice
Post 26 IP   flag post
Plot Twist: as an experiment, I put up the series on ebay yesterday(1-13 and 8 bit variant #1) at $300 obo- already recieved 2 $200+ offers. Considering them, but also monitoring the madness.
I'm guessing I'd take $250, but I don't really care either way.

What's driving the hype? I agree it's a solid series, but I didnt lose my mind over it.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
I am on my PC and I can not seem to like any posts with this new system.

You have to clear your browsing data. Same for your phone if you are having issues.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I had no idea this title was seeing heat - my LCS owner turned me onto it - best Hulk since Planet Hulk.
It's against my better nature so I generally stay away from variants.

I think quality will keep this book at whatever level it eventually rises to. For now I just keep getting and reading and enjoying while it lasts!!
Post 29 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
Plot Twist: as an experiment, I put up the series on ebay yesterday(1-13 and 8 bit variant #1) at $300 obo- already recieved 2 $200+ offers. Considering them, but also monitoring the madness.
I'm guessing I'd take $250, but I don't really care either way.

What's driving the hype? I agree it's a solid series, but I didnt lose my mind over it.

Issues # 2 and # 13 are both first appearances.

I have also heard the story is good but have not read it myself.
Post 30 IP   flag post

@drchaos the story is good...but wow..just wow...

crazy...

Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
I imagine retailers are scrambling to get artists drawing variant covers for upcoming issues..
Post 32 IP   flag post
Follow Up- cashed out at 260, putting it towards my Werewolf by night 32 fund
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
issue 13 is the first full appearance of the one below...14 will see betsy ross returning and issue 15 s the return of rick jones so this series will likely get hotter as it goes
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
issue 13 is the first full appearance of the one below...14 will see betsy ross returning and issue 15 s the return of rick jones so this series will likely get hotter as it goes

Yeah, I'm going to keep buying series, and maybe it will keep going up, but I'm content with a $17 a book average for a series I paid cover price and read already
Post 35 IP   flag post
Yeah I get that ...hard to resist.
Post 36 IP   flag post
in the synopsis for issue 15 we are given the return of Doc Samson who wants to sit down and talk to hulk....nearly an identical synopsis of hulk 377 when we were given the "professor hulk" persona.....given the apparent connections to the upcoming infinity war plot does anyone see the potential for this issue?>
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Krazywan private msg quote post Address this user
Crazy the prices this series is going for already. I have been buying this from the get go. After 4 issues I put it on my pull list. I'm in this one for the long haul. I don't think I could sell, I would end up with sellers remorse.
Post 38 IP   flag post
MCS is limiting copies of issue 13 to one per order ugh and seven dollars even then
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazywan
Crazy the prices this series is going for already. I have been buying this from the get go. After 4 issues I put it on my pull list. I'm in this one for the long haul. I don't think I could sell, I would end up with sellers remorse.
with you on this.. I couldn't bring myself to sell mine if I tried.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Mysterian private msg quote post Address this user
I doubt I'll be selling my complete run of this series (Order through DCBS and read digitally) but I am considering slabbing the first 16 issues when it gets to that point. #16 has another great cover.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Mysterian Welcome aboard.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector Mysterian private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Brian!
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
I'm late to the party on this one, but man is this story good. I plan on trying to back fill the series but have a feeling I'm going to feel the pain of doing it so late.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user
Probably should pick up a couple avengers 684 before it gets to insane.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector bodmer71 private msg quote post Address this user
I was also quite late to the party... Thankfully I bought two copies of #1... but I'm still scrambling to catch-up and get all of the issues I missed. I know that I'm overpaying on some issues, and the price will almost certainly come down on some of these books, but I still feel the need to get a copy of each 1st print.

The series is great, the art is great too... This is a much better Hulk story than the Weapon H/Totally Awesome Hulk story, so I'm sure it will maintain some value (more so than TAH #22)... but I don't see prices staying this high in the long term.
Post 46 IP   flag post
I think it's just getting started. In 14 Betty Ross returns in 15 we get Doc Sampson back. In issue 16 apparently Rick.Jones returns ....this is only building as long as they keep.the team together and aside from .....these books are going to sell just for the Ross covers...ala my avatar or the cover planned for 16

Post 47 IP   flag post
if anyone sees alex ross and can get me a 14 signed im so up for that...love to have that in a frame
Post 48 IP   flag post
Sooo, funny story, I started this thread and I sold off my run for a good amount, since then, I have put together and sold runs of 3-13, and 5-12, always making more than I paid...well about a week ago I got some sellers remorse and this happened....

And the best part of the lot was this...

So I guess I'm back in...

Post 49 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I got 5 copies of Immortal Hulk #1 Alex Ross cover for $6.99 each. So that's good, I guess.
Post 50 IP   flag post
So just was looking at ebay again and copies of 684 really creeping up too...so what book do you guys think ends up being "the key" is it IH #2, or avg 684? A 9.6 cgc ih #2 is up to $133 with 4 days to go🤷‍♂️
Post 51 IP   flag post
Seems amount of 1st print #2 available on ebay is dropping off and price keeps climbing .. Perhaps potential sellers are getting their copies graded?
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
So just was looking at ebay again and copies of 684 really creeping up too...so what book do you guys think ends up being "the key" is it IH #2, or avg 684? A 9.6 cgc ih #2 is up to $133 with 4 days to go🤷‍♂️

If we’re only talking A 1st print covers, My guess is #2, mostly because it’s a true first appearance and likely much lower print run.

Does every single issue #1 of the regular A cover have that staple rub like defect on the front just to the right of the top staple? I have yet to see a copy without it. I should look at some slabbed copies on eBay to see it they’re on the 9.8s.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Was thinking two is only the cameo. Thought first app.was 3. For my.money issue 14 return Betty Ross and best cover. If investing I am going with Avengers 684
Post 54 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
this book is insane!!! I lucked out - wasn't going to get it but my LCS owner turned me onto it. Have all issues and I normally don't buy 2nd prints or variants but by chance I picked up issue 2 variant because it was at cover price on the rack - just crazy
Post 55 IP   flag post
601504 124 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?