Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionQuestionsSignatures

Shwarzenegger signed certified Conan comic..8400

Collector Ambush_Bug private msg quote post Address this user
Say, has anyone else seen this? Apparently the new Marvel Conan comic is available, signed by
Shwarzenegger. I see that the rating is NM. I don't think I've seen that before. Is there a reason it doesn't have a number certification? I wonder of they would put a number on it, if it were re submitted.

https://www.conancomic.com/products/cgc-near-mint-book

Post 1 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I assume the "NM" simply means that CGC won't guarantee a specific grade (9.8, 9.6, etc.) except to guarantee that the comic will be at least a 9.4 (near mint).
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
At the bottom of the link:

"** Near mint means the book has been graded in a range between 9.2-9.8 as determined by CGC"
Post 3 IP   flag post
Yea, I guess I understand the premise, I just didn't know they did "vague" grading like that. Can't say I'm crazy about it. It's a pain if you want a number rating. The cost of resubmitting and waiting doesn't feel worth it.
I don't know why I'm complaining though. Crom never listens anyways!
Post 4 IP   flag post
The slab won't have NM on it - they just photoshopped that on to show the book will have a numerical grade of 9.2 or 9.4 or up when you get it.

Usually you see places advertise a promised 9.8 slab - but I suppose that means signing a lot of extra books to make sure they have the numbers to satisfy the order. Arnold's probably only willing to sign a certain number, and they know they won't all make the 9.8 cut.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Aaaah, I see. That makes much more sense.

Thanks for making that clear.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I saw this yesterday, it's tempting...but $425 is a little steep for my taste, I mean that's like $800 Canadian right.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke - “Old Man Conan” bends his covers over, so if he reads any comics before he signs them, they all will be mid-grade at best. What a Barbarian!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@esaravo "To crush the comics, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the fanboys."
Post 10 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
He's probably folding over some modern variant drek. No harm, no foul. He also recommends starting your day with 200 sit ups.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I'm getting a 9.8 admittedly... I have wanted an Arnold signed book for a long time, this is perfect for this issue and the photo variant. Better than signing a 70s book. My favorite franchise is the Terminator movies but there's no suitable books for him to sign that would yield a 9.8.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I bet it takes him ages to sign 500 covers with that long name, too. This will probably take him weeks at his home to do over the course of time in between all those situps and pushups.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
He played a better Conan that a CA Governor!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
@esaravo "To crush the comics, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the fanboys."

Needs a qualified grade with note on slab... "Signed and crushed by Arnold Schwarzenegger"
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@kaptainmyke - “Old Man Conan” bends his covers over, so if he reads any comics before he signs them, they all will be mid-grade at best. What a Barbarian!

I nominate you for best comment of the week award
Post 16 IP   flag post
598068 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?