Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 7/26/16839

Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
They really need to re-write their code to display what's inside the invoice instead of the generic messages.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector MightyMutt private msg quote post Address this user
After I called CBCS about a week ago I was told that, in the case of the Phoenix Con June 2-5th that the Turnaround time was backdated to the time of the event. So in my case it would be June 5th and the turnaround time starts from there. Since they are about another 8 days behind from my understanding this added another week or 2 to that turnaround time. So my books should be getting ready to hit grading shortly. Is this the same for other events? Is CBCS backdating to the event?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by UF2
So if Modern is supposed to be a 30 day turnaround, but is currently 10 weeks what happens if you select the fast pass? Is is half of the 30 day or half of whatever current turnaround time is?

Fast pass should be three and a half to four weeks.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations
They really need to re-write their code to display what's inside the invoice instead of the generic messages.

Unless you have more than one tier on the invoice. Then you could have books entering the various stages at various times then what is the dashboard supposed to show?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Gd4901 private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmmm- the comics I have submitted have been in QC for 8-9 days. Received 5/24. That's a bit frustrating.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
Quote:

Unless you have more than one tier on the invoice. Then you could have books entering the various stages at various times then what is the dashboard supposed to show?

It could have a list of each tier and show the progress.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Jamiemadrox private msg quote post Address this user
To further the confusion, I submitted books at MeagCon on 5/27, yet they were not entered into the system until almost a month later. That is the date that is listed on the invoice and the dashboard. I am in no hurry whatsoever, but just for arguments sake, how would I know that my submissions were backdated to the correct date? My books are not (being shown as) being graded even though the current update states they should be (May 30th being after May 27th and all). Again, no hurry on my end, but I am curious how the process, theoretically, is supposed to work.
Post 32 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
All orders submitted at a show are back-dated to the Tuesday after the show.
The system reflects the date the books were entered into the system. There's no way for us to back-date it in the system, but they're processed as if they were received the Tuesday following the show.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector pjray55 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a sub in at the Expanded Tier with Fast Pass which according to the post in this thread and other recent turnaround posts should be on track to meet the expected turnaround time. Based on that, the sub should be completed tomorrow but it has yet to move in the nearly three weeks from received. So even if I add a few days for SDCC I don't have confidence that the turnaround time will be met.

The same happened with my last sub at the Rapid tier. It didn't ship for 2-3 weeks after being received and far from the 4 day turnaround.

Extremely frustrating.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
The system reflects the date the books were entered into the system. There's no way for us to back-date it in the system, but they're processed as if they were received the Tuesday following the show.

It might be time to find someone that can rewrite the code to allow you guys to edit the submission time. I don't like complaining, but there are several issues on this site and forum that just aren't user friendly.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjray55
I have a sub in at the Expanded Tier with Fast Pass which according to the post in this thread and other recent turnaround posts should be on track to meet the expected turnaround time. Based on that, the sub should be completed tomorrow but it has yet to move in the nearly three weeks from received. So even if I add a few days for SDCC I don't have confidence that the turnaround time will be met.

Yes, SDCC has set us back a little. We're working as quickly as we can. We will get caught back up asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjray55
The same happened with my last sub at the Rapid tier. It didn't ship for 2-3 weeks after being received and far from the 4 day turnaround.

Your last Rapid tier order was received in the CBCS office on April 28th, and shipped out on May 6th. A total of 8 days, including the weekend, or 6 "business days."
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

It might be time to find someone that can rewrite the code to allow you guys to edit the submission time. I don't like complaining, but there are several issues on this site and forum that just aren't user friendly.

It's on the list of things to do and will get fixed, but we are working based on a priority list.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Jamiemadrox private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Okay. That makes much more sense. This information was not relayed to me at any time during the process, so I am grateful! Makes things easier for me going forward knowing that way it's supposed to work. I definitely appreciate then info!
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector RHall1101 private msg quote post Address this user
My books have moved to QC. Yay!
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHall1101
My books have moved to QC. Yay!

Mine are still shipping... ;-)
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector ospideyo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@ospideyo Processing is what it always says on that screen, what you need to do is click onto the invoice number, it will open a new screen with the status of your books.

I did that but heres the thing, theres a little box that also says shipping. It skipped all other phases. Also where can I view the grades?
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Query for anyone: how long does it take from "received" to knowing the grade ona 2-day modern?
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector cloudcloddie private msg quote post Address this user
I have two quickstream books in shipping for the last few days that I'm dying to know the grades on...
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
I just received my comics I submitted @ Motor City Comic-Con. Needless to say I am VERY excited to add these to my collection! So for all those who haven't received your books from MC3 yet have patience - I'd guess they're either putting the finishing touches on them or en route as we speak. 🤘🏻😆🤘🏻
BTW - Awesome job to everyone @ CBCS. Thanks a million!!
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector fuzztub private msg quote post Address this user
how long is QC normally? mine have been in there since like last wed
Post 45 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Grades don't show untill the invoice goes to shipped (which is different than "shipping" ).
Post 46 IP   flag post
@fuzztub the time in QC can be anywhere from a day to a week and a bit going by feedback here lately.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@Oxbladder, hi Ox, I sent you a PM.
Post 48 IP   flag post
598074 48 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?