Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 7/26/16839

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Ok so we are almost near when My books were submitted. Ahould have been around June 8th I beliwve. Keep up the great works guys.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts My order was entered in the system on July 4. I'm currently considering upgrading to a Bronze membership. Will the $2 discount/book apply to my order? Also, any idea when the rewards program will launch and will I receive points for orders already submitted?
Post 3 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Revelations Upgrading a membership applies to orders going forward, not orders you might already have in house.

No idea on the rewards time frame. It will for sure happen and will be retroactive.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Poisonwilliam private msg quote post Address this user
My first submission shows "received" on May 27th, but still shows received...any idea when it will take the next step in the process since this says books received on May 30th are being graded?

Thanks for keeping us up to speed.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts thanks Steve. One more question. Are the rewards cumulative? Does the silver membership contain everything from bronze?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector FUEGOMUSIC private msg quote post Address this user
@poison
I'm curious where do you see this "received" date? I thought the only date that showed up was the "submit" date which is the date you started the order.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@FUEGOMUSIC that could be my mistake...I'm not sure how to find that date. I assumed the date was the day they received.

Guess I might be further away than I hoped...
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector FUEGOMUSIC private msg quote post Address this user
Lol. At first so did I. That's one of the things that I think should be a priority to fix.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
You should receive a confirmation email that your books were received. At the same time when you go into your order it reflect that status. That is your received date (you will have to note it in your head or keep the email because it doesn't appear on the status page).

Your next status change after that will be when your books hit the grading room floor. Again, though, to see this status change you actually have to click on the order number and enter into the item page to see that the status is "grading".

After that you get notice that the books have gone into shipping. Then you get notice that they have shipped. Once you get the shipped notice you can see the results/notes on your account page.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Oxbladder That would bring me back to my original question, then.

When I open the order, it has a date of 5/27 and a status of "received". But the update here says that they are grading books received on 5/30...hence my confusion.

I'm new to this, so maybe I'm misunderstanding...
Post 11 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
I just want to say that I like the way you guys do this ... "Currently grading books received on ____". It reduces the guessing.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisonwilliam

When I open the order, it has a date of 5/27 and a status of "received". But the update here says that they are grading books received on 5/30...hence my confusion.

The date on the order is, in all likelihood, the date the paperwork was filled out. A phone call to CBCS to find out your received date should clear up any confusion.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
**Cross post**

Not that I am complaining, but are the emails down again? My books are now in the "shipping" stage, and I am just waiting for an email.

**** The email stating that they are getting ready to ship went to my spam folder. Not sure why...
Post 14 IP   flag post
They will be in shipping status until you receive a shipped email. That could be as short as a day or longer. If your shipping email went to spam your shipped may too.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Right. I just did not see the shipping email in my spam folder. I looked there after I made the post. That is why I added the info to the bottom since you cannot delete the post.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisonwilliam

The date on the order is, in all likelihood, the date the paperwork was filled out. A phone call to CBCS to find out your received date should clear up any confusion.
Correct, my date says 6/14 but they were "received" 6/21. So my date to go by is 6/21.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector UF2 private msg quote post Address this user
So if Modern is supposed to be a 30 day turnaround, but is currently 10 weeks what happens if you select the fast pass? Is is half of the 30 day or half of whatever current turnaround time is?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector fuzztub private msg quote post Address this user
how long is QC normally? my books have been in there for about a week now. was hoping to get them this week, but being wednesday i doubt that happens now.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by UF2
So if Modern is supposed to be a 30 day turnaround, but is currently 10 weeks what happens if you select the fast pass? Is is half of the 30 day or half of whatever current turnaround time is?
It is convention season. Submissions triple if not more this time of year, 10 weeks is the norm this time of year.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by UF2

Fast pass is half of the regular TAT (30 days). Since the other tiers are considered "on time" at about 45 calendar days, fast pass should be running 22-23 calendar days.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Joshua373 private msg quote post Address this user
I really appreciate the regular updates. Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

Post 22 IP   flag post
Patience is something I do not have a lot of right now. I am waiting for emails from a few different places. My tracking number from here is on the top of that list. LOL...
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector ospideyo private msg quote post Address this user
I got an email last week stating my books were entering grading but my dashboard still says processing. How long until the dashboard updates? Its really hard to figure out turn around times when the systems do not update. I paid for Quickstream so I'm hoping they will be done soon.
Post 24 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@ospideyo Processing is what it always says on that screen, what you need to do is click onto the invoice number, it will open a new screen with the status of your books.
Post 25 IP   flag post
They really need to re-write their code to display what's inside the invoice instead of the generic messages.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector MightyMutt private msg quote post Address this user
After I called CBCS about a week ago I was told that, in the case of the Phoenix Con June 2-5th that the Turnaround time was backdated to the time of the event. So in my case it would be June 5th and the turnaround time starts from there. Since they are about another 8 days behind from my understanding this added another week or 2 to that turnaround time. So my books should be getting ready to hit grading shortly. Is this the same for other events? Is CBCS backdating to the event?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UF2

Fast pass should be three and a half to four weeks.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations
They really need to re-write their code to display what's inside the invoice instead of the generic messages.

Unless you have more than one tier on the invoice. Then you could have books entering the various stages at various times then what is the dashboard supposed to show?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Gd4901 private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmmm- the comics I have submitted have been in QC for 8-9 days. Received 5/24. That's a bit frustrating.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601518 48 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?